- Marvel’s Spider-Man 2’s hype knows no bounds, as it sets the stage for the biggest PlayStation exclusive to come out this year. It’s the sequel to the 2018-released Marvel’s Spider-Man, which initially came out for the PlayStation 4.
- Hopping on an episode of the Phase Zero podcast, the voice actor of the in-game Peter Parker Yuri Lowenthal has expressed his dedication to the craft, saying how he’d want to voice Spider-Man as long as until he’s alive.
- Yuri has voiced a multitude of Spider-Men over the course of his career, not to mention the involvement of his skills in other IPs, such as Prince of Persia, Diablo, Saints Row, and even Naruto, playing Sasuke Uchiha.
Marvel’s Spider-Man by Insomniac Games is one of the best Spider-Man video game IPs out there in the business right now, brought to life by the exceptionally fitting voice acting of popular VA Yuri Lowenthal. Up until now, Yuri has voiced Peter Parker in multiple other Spider-Man games, and not just the ones by Insomniac.
Appearing in an episode of the Phase Zero podcast, Yuri Lowenthal talked about his role as Spider-Man so far, while going over some of the in-game details of Marvel’s Spider-Man 2. Along the way, he also expresses his desire to keep playing Peter Parker as long as he’s alive and he’s allowed to from the people up high at Insomniac Games, considering the US-based studio continues to work on the IP.
Skip on over to the 50:30 mark of the podcast to catch the answer in question. When asked how long does Yuri have for playing this character of Spider-Man, the reply came swift and humble. Yuri went on to say,
Man, you know what? I’ll be honest. I’m just excited that at my age, they still let me play Spider-Man or they ever let me play Spider-Man in the first place. So, you know, I’ll do it to my dying breath if they’ll let me, because I love it so much and I love working with them so much, and I love being Spider-Man, because it’s just the best. I’ll do it forever if they ask me to.”
Speaking from a comics perspective, Spider-Man has always been the one who’s known for his charms and humor, taking down bad guys in style and fun in equal measure. Many have taken on the mantle over the years of voicing the web-head, but it’s irrefutable that Yuri Lowenthal reigns as one of the masters of the craft, both by critical and public opinion.
Related Content to Check Out:
- 10 Suits I Want To See In Marvel’s Spider-Man 2
- Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 Confirmed To Release In The Middle East
- Multiple Guest Artists And PS Studios’ Devs Have Worked On Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 Suits
In other news, Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 has gone gold in recent times, signaling to the world that we’re not too far away from the mega-anticipated title’s release now. What’s gathering hype for the game even more than before is that no graphics mode for the action-adventure will have ray tracing turned off. Insomniac says that it’s gotten a good idea of how to portray the Spider-Man world, and wants everyone to enjoy the journey in a manner that works accordingly.
Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 is headed for the PlayStation 5 on October 20, 2023, exclusively. Although the game has several purchasable editions, none of them grant an early access period.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍