- Baldur’s Gate 3 hotfix #7 is now live, addressing several crashes and save game issues.
- The hotfix also removes a character and items duplication glitch caused by items taken across two different cached levels.
- The preview for the text background option not changing height even after players reduced the Dialogue Text Size has also been fixed.
- Although a minor update, the consistency is impressive, especially since the devs recently released patch 3, addressing well over a thousand bugs.
After releasing a mammoth of a patch, Larian Studios has released hotfix #7 for Baldur’s Gate 3. This small update tackles a few bugs pertaining to in-game crashes and save-game issues players have reported over time. The hotfix also fixes a character and item duplication glitch alongside a text preview bug. Recently, players reported the game having many issues after the third patch, a few of which should be addressed by now.
Hotfix #7 is now live for Baldur’s Gate 3. This update takes care of several crashes and savegame issues.
— Larian Studios (@larianstudios) September 27, 2023
The update fixes a crash that occurred when players listened in on some dialogues during multiplayer sessions. Another crash that occurred due to corrupted item stacks when unloading a level or moving to a new region has been fixed. Lastly, a crash that occurred when loading save games with potential invalid items in the inventory should now be dealt with.
Speaking of save games, an issue that occurred when loading into a new region while Withers’ Wardrobe was still loaded in an old region has been fixed. Several save game issues related to traps have been addressed. But it seems like that’s not the only thing Larian focused on with this update. Players should no longer be able to duplicate characters or items caused by items being taken across two different cached levels.
An issue where, upon previewing, the text background option did not change the height even after reducing Dialogue Text Size should now be fixed. That concludes pretty much everything included in this hotfix. It does seem pretty small, especially when the players are now used to reading a long list of bug fixes upon every patch. These are mostly player-reported bugs causing hindrance, which the devs promised to address in small updates.
Larian Studios recently released the third patch for Baldur’s Gate 3, which brought full Mac support for the game, along with over a thousand bug fixes. Even then, many other issues have started plaguing the game after the third patch, which fans are hoping will be addressed in an upcoming update.
- Leaked Email Shows Microsoft Severely Underestimating Baldur’s Gate 3
- Fans Discover Cool Fourth Wall-Breaking Interaction In Baldur’s Gate 3
- Baldur’s Gate 3 Dev Defends Starfield Team Against Vague Critique
Baldur’s Gate 3—a revolutionary cRPG title—was developed and published by Larian Studios, quickly becoming one of the most highly acclaimed titles this year. It was released on PC on August 3, 2023, with the PS5 version hitting the shelf on September 6, 2023. Its previous patch came with the Mac release, and now only Xbox fans await for this title to hit their stores.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍