- Baldur’s Gate 3‘s patch 3 has finally been released, bringing with it Mac support and a heavily requested feature, Magic Mirror.
- The mirror, which players can find in their camp, will allow them to change their appearance as much as they want, as many times as they wish, with only a few restrictions.
- The minimum and recommended specs for Mac users have also been revealed. Players will need an M1 Pro processor and FSR enabled to run the game at its highest settings on a Retina display.
- Aside from these major inclusions, the patch brings over a thousand bug fixes focusing on different aspects and significantly improving the state of the game.
After getting delayed by a day, Baldur’s Gate 3 has finally received its third patch, bringing with it Mac support and the Magic Mirror. The mirror allows players to change their appearance indefinitely, but with certain restrictions, like your race/subrace and body type cannot be altered, and origin characters, hirelings, or full illithids cannot use this mirror. The minimum and recommended specs for Mac users have also been revealed.
Patch #3 is now live for Baldur's Gate 3!
This update brings the full release of Baldur’s Gate 3 to Mac, and allows you to change your character’s appearance in-game via the Magic Mirror. ✨🪞✨
— Larian Studios (@larianstudios) September 22, 2023
Mac support has been added after over a month since the PC release. Any saves made in the previous Mac versions will not be compatible with the full release, so players must completely uninstall the game and remove all mods before installing the latest version. In addition to that, players will need an M1 Pro processor and FSR enabled if they wish to run the game at high or ultra settings on a Retina display.
Aside from that, a heavily requested feature has been added, the Magic Mirror. It allows players to change their appearance as much as they want and as many times as they wish. However, this change can only be made to your appearance, voice, pronouns, and nether regions. Origin characters, hirelings, and illithids cannot change their appearance, as that would make things a bit too complicated.
Cosmetic modifications that have occurred due to your actions in-game will persist. Moving on, developers have confirmed that they are working on more updates containing features and epilogue scenes, so we might see more of our desired features coming to the game. Among those, we know that photo mode will eventually make its way to Baldur’s Gate 3, as confirmed by a developer.
Similar to the first patch, this one has also brought over a thousand bug fixes focusing on different aspects of the game. The second patch gave Karlach an ending she deserved, and, as mentioned above, we can expect more epilogue scenes coming to the game in the future. The list of bug fixes is pretty long, one that you may want to take your time reading. Since they contain heavy spoilers, you can proceed to the website at your own risk.
- Baldur’s Gate 3 Has So Many Headless Bodies To Stop You From Talking To Them
- Fans Discover Cool Fourth Wall-Breaking Interaction In Baldur’s Gate 3
- Baldur’s Gate 3 Dev Defends Starfield Team Against Vague Critique
Baldur’s Gate 3—one of the best cRPG games ever—was developed and published by Larian Studios. It has exceeded the expectations of many gamers, including big companies like Microsoft. The latest iteration in the Baldur’s Gate series was released on August 3, 2023, on PC, with the PS5 version arriving on September 6, 2023.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍