- Larian Studios has recently given an update on Baldur’s Gate 3‘s patch 2, which features significant performance improvements, tweaks, bug fixes, and much more.
- The patch will also incorporate players’ feedback into Origin character epilogues, like how Karlach will now finally get the ending she deserves.
- A new feature, Withers‘ Wardrobe of Wayward Friends, will also launch very soon, aiming to improve co-op per players’ preferences.
- The community update also mentions adding the ability to change characters’ looks after starting a campaign in the future. We can also expect mod support at some point.
In the recent community update, Larian Studios has confirmed some long-awaited features coming in the future to Baldur’s Gate 3. Patch 2 is currently next in line, bringing major performance improvements, bug fixes, new tweaks/changes, and much more. Karlach will finally get the ending she deserves. The future of Baldur’s Gate 3 also seems to promise co-op improvement, changing character looks mid-campaign, and mod support.
❤️🔥New Karlach Epilogue
🗄️Removing Co-Op Avatars from party
🔮The Future of Baldur's Gate 3, and your part in it.
— Larian Studios (@larianstudios) August 29, 2023
The developers have worked hard since the game’s release and squashed nearly two thousand bugs. Patch 1 and previous hotfixes primarily focused on that as it was necessary to improve the state of the game. Now that the main issues have been resolved, the studio can finally look toward implementing fan-requested features and other additions to continue adding life to Baldur’s Gate 3.
Patch 2 will include bug fixes, but most importantly, it will improve performance substantially, more than the previous updates. It will also fulfill the long-awaited request to add a better ending for Karlach by adding a better closure to the story’s final act. The community update also addressed the topic of “cut content” and issues with Act 3 that players seem to be discussing for some time.
Baldur’s Gate 3’s Act 3 is notorious for being much less polished than the game’s first two acts, and the developers acknowledge that. As such, patch 2 will be more tailored to improve Act 3 of the game and hopefully bring it to a much more satisfactory state, comparable to Act 1 and 2. In times when a patch is not planned, the studio will continue releasing hotfixes to eliminate those pesty bugs as soon as they pop up.
- Baldur’s Gate 3 Is The Epitome Of AAA Games Right Now
- Baldur’s Gate 3’s First Patch Is Massive And Brings Back “Short King Summer”
- Larian Lead Writer Says Baldur’s Gate 3 Owes Its Success To BioWare
As for the cut content, the community update mentioned that most of these are things like “companion reactions to events in the world that didn’t trigger.” These instances fall under “bugs” and, as such, will be resolved in future updates. Another case of cut content is the unreleased content that players have found via datamining.
The studio stated that while these are the game’s building blocks, they were cut because they were deemed either not good or not fun to play. So, we won’t ever see such unreleased content as it was only added briefly in the beginning but was removed after consideration. And again, after many requests from the fans, the developers are working to expand the epilogues, the results of which will be seen in patch 2.
A new feature, Withers’ Wardrobe of Wayward Friends, is also in the works and should launch very soon. This fan-requested feature allows you to remove co-op party members who have joined your campaign so that you may continue without them. Aside from that, we can also expect the feature allowing us to change our characters’ looks mid-campaign and potential mod support, the release dates of which have not been given.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍