- Baldur’s Gate 3 patch #1 is live, addressing over 1,000 bugs and several other issues.
- The patch aims to significantly polish the game, even bringing a better kissing position for short races to avoid the previously awkward kisses.
- Larian Studios also confirmed that patch #2 is right around the corner, and more details on that should be released soon.
- There were also some interesting facts among the patch notes, revealing that players collectively have over 200,000,000 hours of Baldur’s Gate 3 since launch. The most popular class choice in these hours was Paladin, with Cleric being the least popular.
Baldur’s Gate 3 has just received its first major patch, bringing over 1,000 bug fixes and addressing several other notable issues. This patch has significantly improved the state of the game, with one of the main highlights being better kissing positions for the short races, like Dwarf, Gnome, and Halfling. Larian Studios also confirmed that patch #2 is right around the corner, and more details on that should be released soon.
Patch #1 is now live for Baldur's Gate 3, addressing over 1000 bugs, glitches, and blockers.
— Larian Studios (@larianstudios) August 25, 2023
The update was so big that the patch notes exceeded Steam’s text limit, which is unsurprising considering the number of bugs tackled in this one. NPCs should no longer spot you when they aren’t supposed to. Objects in-game, like mugs and newspapers, should no longer float around. Most importantly, Shadowheart’s romance scene should trigger as intentional for players.
The Emperor should no longer leave you stranded in the Morphic Pool. The issue that caused the “Game Over” screen after helping a downed party member has also been fixed. Characters should no longer be stuck in an infinite falling loop. Wyll should be able to talk about Ravengard at Moonrise Towers and not have an exclamation mark above his head without any dialogue.
Players would also be delighted to know that Minthara’s body will no longer disappear at camp after bringing a terrible end to a sweet moment. The dialogue flow when dating Minthara should also now be fixed. Karlach will return to the camp after being freed from the Wyrm’s Rock prison when the party is full. Breaking up with Astarion should no longer be possible unless intended.
The update has made it less ambiguous when starting a romance with Gale when choosing certain dialogue options. Speaking of Gale, during his spell-teaching scene, you have the option to picture a future with him that includes either kissing him or kicking him in the head. The “Rescue the Grand Duke” quest should now receive a proper update about the duke’s whereabouts regardless of how the quest started.
Auntie Ethel should no longer die when non-lethal spells are used on her. Perhaps one of the more hilarious changes is that you now have the option to respect the ogre and bugbear’s privacy outside the Blighted Village again. A bug that caused players to skip part of the main quest sequence in Act II by using spells like Misty Step or Dimension Door should now be fixed.
- As A Fan Of RPGs, Baldur’s Gate 3 Has Me Hooked For All The Good Reasons
- Baldur’s Gate 3 Is Coming To Xbox This Year, Larian CEO Confirms
- Baldur’s Gate 3 Crushes The “Turn-Based Is A Relic Of The Past” Perception
Beggars will no longer receive damage when a single coin is thrown at them. Speaking of coins, gold bounties are now more generous in several containers spread across the game. Players will now receive a +100% HP bonus in Explorer Mode instead of +50%. Players should no longer have multiple Mage Hands active simultaneously.
Those are just a handful of the many fixes included in this patch and should give you a good idea of what other things to expect. Since Steam text limit wouldn’t allow them to detail everything, all the fixes have been listed in the official forum post. Larian Studios also confirmed that patch #2 is right around the corner, and more details on that will be given closer to its release.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍