The Helldusk Armor is one of the best Armor pieces in Baldur’s Gate 3, distinctive for its potent abilities and meticulous location within the game’s narrative. Acquirable in Act 3, this rare armor not only boosts the wearer’s Armor Class but promises unique effects. Whether meeting Raphael in the enigmatic House of Hope or unlocking hidden chambers, every piece of the Helldusk Armor ensures a blend of power and lore, making it a treasured asset for players.
What Is Helldusk Armor In Baldur’s Gate 3?
The Helldusk Armor, categorized as Heavy Armor in Baldur’s Gate 3 occupies the appropriate slot in a character’s inventory to enhance their Armor Class (AC) and potentially grant specific effects. Generally, heavier armor offers greater protection.
The Helldusk Armor set stands out as a rare fully coordinated armor within Baldur’s Gate 3. Accessible only upon advancing to Act 3, particularly within the Lower City area for which the sole requirement is an encounter with Raphael in Sharess’ Caress.
During this meeting, he extends an offer concerning the Crown of Karsus and the Elder Brain but you have to potentially defeat Raphael, which consequently cancels his proposition. This pursuit aligns with the “Free Orpheus” questline.
Entering House Of The Hope To Find Helldusk ArmorEvery part of the Helldusk Armor set in Baldur’s Gate 3, except for the boots, can be discovered within Raphael’s realm known as the House of Hope which you can enter in several ways. You might have to trade your soul to Raphael to learn about it or do a fake agreement with him and then refuse.
If you sell your soul, Gale and/or Karlach might ask you to destroy the agreement. If you decline, Gale could request you to steal Orpheus’s Hammer inside. Either way, talk to Raphael. After he talks about the House of Hope, he mentions a diabolist named Helsik.Interestingly, there’s a person called Helsik in Baldur’s Gate who has a shop, the Devil’s Fees.
- Go to Baldur’s Gate and find Helsik.
- In her shop, your party members can do Arcane Checks to examine items from the Hells.
- Talk to her, and she offers to take you there for 10,000 Gold.
- If you persuade her, it might drop to 1,000 Gold. (As a Rogue, you could offer to steal something for her.)
- She gives you what you need and instructions.
- Go upstairs and follow the ritual to open a portal to hell.
- She’ll provide all the necessary items and guide you through each step.
- Just make your way upstairs and carefully follow the ritual.
1. Helldusk Helmet LocationMoving forward, you will encounter the Helldusk Helmet in Baldur’s Gate 3, which has a distinct location in a concealed chamber overlooking the Feast Hall.
- You can access this chamber by engaging with the Infernal Control Gem, a purple diamond-shaped object on the wall.
- It requires two interactions and success in two distinct checks to unlock the stone wall door granting entry to the secret room.
- Once you’re inside, search the collection of treasures to discover the Helldusk Helmet.
The Helldusk Helmet provides the following perks:
- Immunity to Critical Hits from Attackers.
- Immolating Gaze: A special combat ability at your disposal.
- Infernal Sight: The ability to see clearly in darkness and remain immune to blindness.
- Magical Durability: Enhances Saving Throws against magic by adding +2.
2. Helldusk Gloves LocationThe Helldusk Gloves in Baldur’s Gate 3 are located within a secure compartment concealed behind a painting in the Boudoir.
- By pressing a button on the wall adjacent to the bed where Haarleep rested, access to the hidden safe is granted.
- Using the key obtained from Haarleep’s belongings, the safe can be unlocked, revealing not only the Helldusk Gloves but also five Soul Coins and a letter containing the password to eliminate the barrier encasing the Orphic Hammer within the Archive.
The Helldusk Gloves have the following perks:
- Infernal Acuity: Adds +1 to both Spell Attack Rolls and Spell Saving Throws.
- Infernal Touch: Enhances weapons to inflict 1-6 Fire Damage and unarmed strikes to deal 1-6 Necrotic Damage.
- Rays of Fire: Unveils a combat-specific Class Action.
3. Helldusk Armor LocationThe final part of the armor set found in the House of Hope is the chest piece. Yet, this one proves to be the most challenging to obtain, requiring you to defeat Raphael.
- When you manage to steal the Orphic Hammer from the Archive, Raphael becomes agitated and confronts you in his abode.
- Following a conversation, during which you can persuade Yurgir to ally with you, the battle commences.
- Raphael enlists additional adversaries to aid him, and regardless of the chosen difficulty, his health remains a formidable 666.
- You can weaken him by destroying the four soul pillars situated at each room corner.
- After prevailing against Raphael, looting his body secures the Helldusk Armor in Baldur’s Gate 3 for you.
This piece has the following perks:
- Infernal Retribution – Upon successful Saving Throw, the caster will endure Burning for 3 turns.
- Helldusk Armor – You possess innate Proficiency with this armor.
- Prime Aegis of Fire – Gain Fire Resistance and immunity to Burning effects.
- Fly – Accessible as a Class Action during combat.
4. Helldusk Boots LocationExclusively found outside the House of Hope, the Helldusk Boots is the last item that completes the Helldusk Armor set. Once your departure from the House of Hope is accomplished, your trajectory leads you back to the Wrym’s Rock waypoint.
- To Locate Helldusk Armor Boots in Baldur’s Gate 3, players need to Journey towards Wyrm’s Rock Fortress which unveils the Helldusk Boots, positioned atop its uppermost level.
- Ascending once again to the coronation auditorium where Lord Gortash’s inauguration took place, your route advances to the far reaches of the northwest corner.
- Here, a vigilant Steel Watcher stands sentinel, safeguarding a portal.
- Engaging with the door initiates an interaction pause as the watcher halts your progress.
- Swiftly, you have the option to communicate with the Steel Watcher guarding the door that Gortash summons your presence.
Having passed the test, proceed through the door to reach the pinnacle of Wrym’s Rock Fortress. Go straight and take a right to access Lord Gortash’s chambers. On the far northwest side of the room, locate his bed and a decorative chest. Use your lockpicking skills to tackle the 20 Difficulty Class lock on the chest.
Once open, you’ll reveal these coveted boots lie tucked away within a chest, nestled in the northwest corner, boasting unique attributes such as:
- Steadfast – Skillfully navigating the game’s challenges, you effortlessly sidestep the impacts of difficult terrain effects, while concurrently rendering spells incapable of displacing you.
- Hellcrawler – When engaged in combat, you have access to the potent Class Action known as Hellcrawler.
- Infernal Evasion – In the event of a failed Saving Throw, you possess the ability to utilize a Reaction, effectively transforming the failure into a success.
In the intricate world of Baldur’s Gate 3, the Helldusk Armor stands as a testament to the game’s depth and intricacy. Beyond its impressive defensive capabilities, each piece carries a story, interwoven with treacherous quests and formidable foes. Securing the full set is a journey of strategy, negotiation, and valor, rewarding players with unmatched power.
This brings me to the end of Baldur’s Gate 3 Helldusk Armor guide. While you’re at it, consider reading Baldur’s Gate 3: How To Open Selune Chest, Find Your Belongings, BEST Cantrips, and BEST Spells in BG3 guides.
- BG3: Dawnmaster Crest
- BG3: BEST Class For Githyanki
- Baldur’s Gate 3: How To Solve The Defiled Temple Puzzle
- Baldur’s Gate 3: Cheats
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍