Diablo 2 Receives 60 FPS Update Thanks To A New Mod
There's plenty more where that came from.
- Project Diablo 2 is a mod for Blizzard North’s classic Diablo 2, aimed at keeping the game alive through constant updates and improvements and making it seem as if its “development never stopped.”
- The mod appears to be on a significant scale and has been under active maintenance since 2020. That is when the project’s first season dubbed “Awakening” was dropped, adding high screen resolution support, a shader system, and plenty of other improvements.
- The latest season of Project Diablo 2—Revelation—has clearly done great service to the all-time classic, bringing forth 60 FPS support for Diablo 2 and a bundle of other changes, including
Diablo 2 is seen as one of the greatest games to date in the industry, known for its remarkable character progression system, diverse weapon variety, and fast-paced gameplay that kept players on the edge of their seats. It was unexpected, but welcome nonetheless, as a new mod has brought 60 FPS support for this iconic classic, thereby breathing new life into what once was a surreal fantasy RPG in its time.
Project Diablo 2 has been going strong for about two years now, coming out with update after update for Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction in an attempt to keep the title alive. The latest update season called Revelation of the initiative has ended up bringing a massive new change for the title, instilling a new graphics setting that will potentially change the way you experience the RPG at hand.
Apart from the exceedingly impressive visual overhaul, the patch notes for Season 7 reveal a myriad of other enhancements that Diablo 2 is going to be blessed with, such as two new maps, both of which have been inspired by the first Diablo released in 1997. Additionally, skills of the game’s various playable classes have been tweaked to a great extent, not to mention the overhaul for Rare items and Unique weapons alike.
Here are some of the patch notes included in the new season update for the Project Diablo 2 mod.
- Added a new stat “+X Open wounds damage per second”
- Open wounds now stacks up to three times on a target
- Open wounds now lasts 5 seconds
- Open wounds no longer has a ½ penalty against uniques, champions or prime evils
- Open wounds now applies from attackers take damage
- Open wounds now applies to splash damage
- Added two new map events
- Diablo clone and Rathma now have multiple difficulties. The base difficulty will no longer drop the Diablo clone and Rathma exclusive items, however, will be much easier than previously to allow more people to farm their own Anni or Tainted Worldstone Shards.
Enticed enough yet to try out the original Diablo 2 again? Check out the official download page of Project Diablo 2 to get the mod on your PC. The instructions for the mod’s installation have also been laid out, should you wander off and end up unsuccessful. Moreover, the developer of the project advises using legitimate copies of Diablo 2 for smooth sailing with the mod. “Using cracked CD-Keys will result in a permanent ban.”
In other news, word on Diablo 4 has been encouraging lately, even though things weren’t that way during the upcoming title’s gameplay reveal. People called the new iteration a remaster of Diablo 3, complaining how there are little to no changes on a grand level. That said, sales figures seem to be of a different opinion, with Activision Blizzard’s recent financial report claiming “strong” pre-sales of Diablo 4.
Looking forward to the new RPG? Let us know in the comments down below.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍