- Forspoken's system specifications for PC have been revealed, and the developers have divided them into three separate levels. The PS5 Demo has also received an update with interesting features.
- The Minimum requirements will require 16GB RAM, AMD Ryzen 5 1600 or the Intel Core i7-3770, and AMD Radeon RX 5500 XT or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 graphics to run at 720p 30 FPS. A free hard-disk space of 150GB is also expected.
- The Recommended specs will need 24GB RAM, AMD Ryzen 5 3600 or Intel Core i7-8700K, and AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT or an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 to run at 1440p 30 FPS.
- The Ultra system specs for PC expect 32GB RAM, AMD Ryzen 5 5800 (3.8 GHz or better) or Intel Core i7-12700 processor, AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT 16GB or NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080 (16 GB VRAM), and NvMe SSD 150GB storage.
Forspoken is the forthcoming action-roleplaying title that is on everyone’s radar due to its unique amalgamation of fast-paced parkour movement and eye-catching gameplay. Despite all the hype lingering around it, Square Enix has waited until a week before its release to reveal the PC system specs for the game.
The developers recently came forth on Twitter and unveiled the PC minimum and recommended system specifications for Forspoken. Regardless, it will seemingly require more juice than initially expected to realize the alluring game in all its glory. The entry will reportedly need more RAM in contrast to other games of similar scale.
The developers have divided the PC specifications into three levels, namely Minimum, Recommended, and Ultra. The Minimum system requirements will need at least 16GB of RAM, which is the usual threshold of memory needed for other modern-era AAA titles. Moreover, free hard-disk space of 150GB is also required for storage.
For the CPU, Square Enix suggests utilizing an AMD Ryzen 5 1600 or the Intel Core i7-3770. An AMD Radeon RX 5500 XT or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 is required to power the visual fidelity of the Luminous Engine-fueled title. These specs are needed to achieve the minimum 720p at 30 FPS.
Forspoken‘s Recommended system specs see a huge jump in memory, seeking to monopolize 24GB RAM to run it on 1440p quality at 30 FPS. For the processor, AMD Ryzen 5 3600 or Intel Core i7-8700K is demanded by the game. And for the GPU, a minimum of AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT or an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 is required.
Lastly, for the Ultra system requirements, a mindblowing 32GB RAM is required alongside a high-end AMD Ryzen 5 5800 (3.8 GHz or better) or Intel Core i7-12700 processor. A storage size of NvMe SSD 150GB size is also listed in the system specifications.
For the GPU, an AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT 16GB or NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080 (16 GB VRAM) is sought by the team to fuel Forspoken for the 2160p quality at 60fps. Forspoken uses DirectX 12 Ultimate graphics API and super-wide displays.
Moreover, the PlayStation 5 demo has also been updated with fan-requested features. Forspoken’s creative director, Raio Mitsuno, added a few comments regarding the PC requirements and the update to the PS5 demo
— Forspoken (@Forspoken) January 17, 2023
The PlayStation 5 update brings the following enhancements:
- Button mapping functionality has been included.
- Locked-on enemies moving off-screen will remain locked for more time.
- Specific text sizes have been altered.
- Various technical issues have been resolved.
All in all, it remains unclear whether the specifications were suggested after applying the AMD FSR 2 upscaling technology, which will be included as a feature on all GPUs.
It seems that 16GB RAM will become the new standard for minimum specs after witnessing the recently announced specifications of titles like Hogwarts Legacy. The newly announced requirements have proven that we are entering a new age for PC gaming, which will hog much more memory and VRAM in the subsequent years.
Forspoken is slated for a release on January 24th on the PlayStation 5 and PC. Moreover, it will also include the contentious Denuvo anti-cheat feature to ensure safety.
What are your thoughts about Forspoken finally revealing its minimum and recommended PC specifications ahead of its impending launch after a weak? Do you think the game is asking for a lot more resources than what was initially anticipated by the community? Do let us know your opinions in the comments below.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍