- Hades is going to launch on iPhones and other iOS devices, as affirmed by the devs of the popular title.
- It has been made possible via the Netflix Games service. A subscription to the service will be required.
- The team at Secret6 has joined the Hades devs to brew the iOS version. No Android version is planned.
The highly popular rogue-lite Hades has been confirmed to launch on iPhones and other iOS devices in the future. The devs, Supergiant Games, announced the news in its latest blog post and clarified all the details regarding the version. The release platforms include iOS devices that are able to run the iOS 16 OS, including iPhones. The feat has been made possible by a collaboration with the relatively new Netflix Games service.
We’re excited to announce that our Game of the Year-winning roguelike dungeon crawler Hades is coming to iOS devices, including iPhone and iPad, courtesy of Netflix Games.”
The devs have called it a “faithful translation” of the original Hades that dominated the sales charts for months after release. It will be available sometime in 2024, but the team has provided no other release windows so far. However, you do need a standard subscription for the Netflix service to get access to Hades and all the other titles that are available in the roster.
Other Interesting Reads
- Death Stranding 2 And Rise Of The Ronin Reportedly Confirmed For Next Year, Insider Suggests.
- Blizzard On World Of Warcraft’s Console Port: “We’re Talking About That.”
- Modern Warfare 3 Was Reportedly Only In Development For 16 Months.
It is worth noting that the title will only be playable on iOS devices through the Netflix service. The fast-paced action entry cannot be played exclusively via the Apple store without the Netflix Games subscription. Hades will include fully customizable controls to suit each iOS device.
Additionally, a Bluetooth controller can also be connected wirelessly to provide a more console-oriented experience; this is definitely an easy way to enjoy Hades without owning the console. The action-packed title will not be held back because of its platform; it will also feature saves and achievements but with caveats. Cross-saves between different platforms are not supported because of the lingering technical constraints.
The title is said to run great on iOS devices using version iOS 16 or above. But the exact system specs will be shared closer to the launch of the Hades iOS version. Unfortunately, the devs have planned no Android version or a release on any other gaming platform. Supergiant Games is developing the title alongside the devs at Secret6.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍