- A Bloomberg report has revealed that COD: MW3 was developed in only 16 months.
- Officials have stated that information in said report is “wholly inaccurate” conflicting with dev remarks.
- Sledgehammer originally pitched a sequel to Advanced Warfare.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 was reportedly in development for only 16 months before hitting the shelves this week. According to a report by Bloomberg, the game went through a series of changes that made it a challenge for the developers as it ate into the schedule, making this the shortest dev time for a new Call of Duty game in a long time.
The report incorporates from various developers regarding the work done on MW3. Sledgehammer devs originally wanted to work on a sequel to 2014’s Advanced Warfare. However, the company was informed that this project was shelved as it had to develop another entry in the Modern Warfare series.
Furthermore, project management for MW3 was already all over the place according to comments from some of the members at Sledgehammer. The game was initially meant to be an expansion of the previous title.
Related Content To Read Up On
- Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Has An Insane Storage Requirement
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Multiplayer Can Already Be Played Locally
- Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Trophy List Leaked Ahead Of Launch
In a Bloomberg TV interview, Johanna Faries, general manager of the series, said that comments regarding the dev timeline being shortened were “wholly inaccurate.” Following Microsoft‘s acquisition of Activision–Blizzard, developers of the game hope that the new corporate owners don’t take any extreme measures for a situation not in their hands.
COD: MW3 launched worldwide on November 10, 2022, with players having received early access to its campaign over a week earlier. Critics and users alike have panned the game for its myriad shortcomings, 4-hour long campaign, and an exorbitant price tag. If you’re still setting out on this adventure, here are the best perks to use in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. After that, discover the best assault rifle in multiplayer.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍