The perk system has been drastically changed for MW3. It is now divided into wearable equipment with different effects and attributes. You can now equip gloves, vests, boots, and gear to make an entire perk package for yourself. These perk packages in MW3 can be made best according to your specific aggressive or defensive playstyle.
Best Perks Summary
The following table consists of the best sets and combinations of perks for each playstyle:
|Playstyle||Perk Equipment Set||Perk Equipment Description|
|Overall Best||Assault Gloves, Tactical Pads, Bone Conduction Headset Gear, Overkill Vest||- Assault Gloves improve accuracy and ADS time when jumping. - Tactical Pads enhance slide distance and ADS while sliding. - Bone Conduction Headset reduces combat noise for better footsteps. - Overkill Vest increases weapon swap speed and allows reloading while sprinting.|
|Aggressive||Marksman Gloves, Running Sneakers, Mag Holster, Demolition Vest||- Marksman Gloves reduce sway and flinch. - Running Sneakers extend Tactical Speed duration. - Mag Holster increases magazine reload speed. - Demolition Vest resupplies tactical and lethal equipment every 25 seconds.|
|Defensive||Ordnance Gloves, Stalker Boots, Ghost T/V Camo Gear, Engineer Vest||- Ordnance Gloves increase throw distance for lethal and tactical equipment. - Stalker Boots increase strafe and ADS movement speed. - Ghost T/V Camo Gear makes you undetectable by UAVs and radar. - Engineer Vest helps spot equipment and recharges field upgrades faster.|
Overall Best Perks In MW3
To get the best out of the perks in MW3, you must figure out the right combination of perk equipment. You must sort out a manner where each effect of each perk compliments one another well so that you can have that major advantage in the game. Some perk equipment has a similar effect, so they may overlap, giving you the same result as having only one.
The following are the best overall perks you can use that complement each other’s effect:
- Your accuracy and time to Aim Down Sight (ADS) increase when you jump.
- It can help you get the kill in a tough 1v1 battle.
- You can use the jump button without worrying about your ADS speed or time.
- The increased accuracy will give you a much better chance to drill the opponent’s head.
- The Tactical Pads increase the slide distance, ensuring you can perform a good bunny hop.
- You can now ADS while sliding, improving aim and accuracy.
- Additionally, movements like crouching, sliding, and prone transition speeds are increased.
- The extra transition speed boost will help create a quicker dodge movement while firing.
- Your movement speed while touching is also increased so you can creep up on opponents quicker.
Bone Conduction Headset Gear
- The excessive combat noise is reduced so that footsteps are much clearer to hear.
- It is one of the best perks you could have in MW3, as people on X agree to hear footsteps loudly.
- Gunshots are also clearer to hear, so you know the players’ locations more accurately.
- The weapon swap speed is increased to pull out the secondary weapon immediately.
- There will be a lot of situations where you will be thankful for this effect if you have it on.
- Quick weapon swapping also helps snipers.
- You will be able to reload your gun while you are sprinting.
- It can save you a lot of time while rushing an entire team or hitting and running from place to place.
Best Perks For An Aggressive Playstyle
Many players tend to have a more aggressive playstyle as they rush places and team spots to finish off opponents in multiplayer. So, for that reason, you might benefit from having a perk build that just adds to your aggressive push playstyle. Personally, it is my go-to perk setup as well, as I tend to finish off teams before they can have the time to react or engage.
The following perk build set-up is more beneficial to players who want to get sneaky multiple kills:
- The sway and flinch upon being hit are reduced.
- When you are in a battle, your aim won’t be disrupted as much as it usually does.
- It will help you have a better aim and accuracy on your opponent so that you can turn the tides on them.
- The constant sway while ADSing will be reduced quite a bit so that you can aim those shots perfectly.
- Tactical Speed’s duration is extended, making you run fast for a longer period of time.
- This effect can benefit you when you are in a sticky situation and want to run for it.
- Once the Tactical Speed runs out, the duration it takes to do it again is also reduced.
- Your Tactical Speed is now superior to other opponents’ movements so that you can rush aggressively.
- These sneakers pair well with the Marksman Gloves as both relate to movement.
- The reload speed of a magazine is substantially increased.
- The faster the reload speed, the quicker you react to the ongoing or upcoming situation.
- It will help you prepare for awkward 1v1 battles where you run out of ammunition.
- The slight edge helps you get ready before the other player makes you get to finish first.
- Machine Guns can become way more handy since their main drawback gets fixed.
- The Demolition vest resupplies your tactical and lethal equipment every 25 seconds.
- You can pressure the other team as you make them tactically incapable.
- Many players tend to run out of this equipment early and are sometimes unable to get the best of them.
- The ability will enable you to freely throw grenades without worrying about running out of them.
Best Perks For A Defensive Playstyle
Defensively playing a game can benefit your team of aggressors. At least one or two players in a team use the defensive strategy of holding a place. Getting perks that help benefit this playstyle more will help get you more kills, play safe, make you a good backup, and improve your KD! If your aim is to support your team from the back and get kills while you are at it, you must have good perks to back up your plan.
The following are the best perks you can use to your advantage during a more defensive play:
- Lethal and Tactical equipment is thrown at a further distance, which gives you more control over them.
- If you are good with grenades, you can choose to angle them up the base of the enemy.
- You can block off the ways through which the enemy can come.
- If a grenade is rethrown towards you by chance, you can reset the timer and send it back again.
- This can be a real bamboozle to your enemy since they usually won’t expect you to make such a move.
- The Strafe and ADS movement speed is increased so that you can dodge bullets more effectively.
- You can strafe shoot more effectively when you get fired at while camping.
- The constant movement will make your opponent waste bullets.
Ghost T/V Camo Gear
- UAVs, enemy radar sources, and heartbeat sensors won’t be able to detect you.
- A Ghost perk is essential to a defensive play since you don’t want to compromise your location.
- You can catch enemies by surprise who are relying on UAVs and other equipment to find you.
- You can spot the various equipment, killstreaks, and field upgrades lying on the ground.
- When you aim down sight on them, they will also be marked for your teammates.
- The ability will help you counter the different traps set for you by the enemy.
- Your field upgrade will also recharge faster.
I have played Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 for 30+ hours, and I can say that these sets of perks will definitely help you get the most out of the perks. Choosing between them depends on your playstyle. You could play defensive or offensive or even have a balanced playstyle, which is why these three categories summarize all Call of Duty players. Try them out yourself, and you will see the combination between the different perks works well.
So these were the best perks you can use in Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. If you don’t know your playstyle well enough right now, I suggest you try them all out and find which suits you best. If you are having trouble collecting the Floater Trophy in Modern Warfare 3, check out the guide by our guide writer, Obaid Ur Rehman.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍