Counter-Strike 2 is a free upgrade from CS: GO, but to play in the ranked matches will cost you. Players who have shifted from CS: GO or are new to the upgrade might be wondering if you need prime to play ranked CS2. The answer is yes; prime is necessary to play the ranked matches.
What Is Prime Status In CS2
CS2 has a package known as Prime Status that is necessary to get in order to play the ranked in-game.
The prime status is not limited to the benefit as it offers more. You will also get some extra rewards that can be dropped after the match is finished. Prime status is just a premium feature for players who want to enjoy CS2 more.
- Normally, Counter-Strike 2 is free-to-play with all the main features available.
- However, it is a must-buy package if you want to play ranked.
- Those with the prime status in the previous game wouldn’t need to spend the money as it will be transferred from CS: GO to CS2.
- The Prime Status is just a one-time purchase, costing $14.99.
You can purchase the status in-game or via Steam, whatever suits you. But you should note that the status can’t be purchased through a third party due to the skins and items tied to your account.
As soon as you pay for the status, your account will be updated with the Prime Status, and you will be able to enjoy the benefits of it. Check out the guide on the CS2 Ranking system if you are unfamiliar.
Is Prime Status In CS2 Worth Buying?
The main reason players buy Prime Status is due to matchmaking. The users who don’t have a prime status won’t be able to play against the top players climbing up the ranks. So, it should be worth your time if you are serious about CS2 and want to climb up the ranks while facing some great opponents. The costs aren’t much, and it is not like a subscription that you will have to pay for every other month. It is only a one-time purchase with many benefits.
- The matchmaking benefit isn’t the only benefit it offers.
- You will also get better rewards than those without the prime status.
- The prime users get the privilege of getting weekly weapon cases along with the graffiti drops.
- With Prime status, you will also be able to earn XP and Service Medals.
- So, yes, in my opinion, the Prime Status in CS2 is worth buying.
- However, it might not be worth buying if you just want to play a match or two per day.
That is almost everything you would want to know about the concern Do You Need Prime To Play Ranked CS2. The Prime Status is a one-time-buy package that is available in-game and in the Steam Store. The worth of Prime Status depends on preference. If you are willing to spend some hours in-game, then it might be worth your time. However, if you are not looking to spend much time in CS2, then it might not be worth your time.
While at it, you should check out the guide on How to Open the Console In CS2 to insert commands. After that, make sure to read the guide on the Best Agents To Buy in C2 to know about their stats, price, and popularity. Do not forget to visit the page of the How to Change FOV Settings guide according to your preferences. You can check more about the Prime Status in the discussion of the Steam Community Page.
- CS2: Best Mouse Sensitivity
- CS2: Best Loadout
- CS2: BEST Grenade Spots Dust 2
- CS2: BEST Cases
- CS2: Is There An Arms Race Game Mode?
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍