The Bloodhound Step is among the best Ashes of War in Elden Ring. It’s compatible with all melee weapons, including the best ones. This skill allows rapid escape while cloaked in invisibility, offering a visually impressive and effective way to evade danger.
Locating the Night’s Cavalry
To obtain the Bloodhound Step Ash of War in Elden Ring, you’ll need to defeat the Night’s Cavalry boss, the only known source of this skill.
These are the steps I took to find and defeat the Night’s Cavalry:
- Head to the region of Caelid, which is typically your second main area after Limgrave.
- In northeast Caelid, near the Lenne’s Rise Site of Grace, you’ll find the Night’s Cavalry.
- Lenne’s Rise is located near a large bridge leading to the Bestial Sanctum.
- You can quickly access the Bestial Sanctum from Limgrave by using a Waygate northeast of the Third Church of Marika Site of Grace, hidden along the river and bushes.
- Teleporting through this Waygate takes you to the Bestial Sanctum, which is northwest of Lenne’s Rise South of Grace and just north of the Great Bridge.
- From the bridge, head south, then east to find and defeat the Night’s Cavalry.
The Night’s Cavalry can be found just north of Lenne’s Rise near a small bridge. However, it’s important to note that this boss only appears during nighttime. If you arrive in the area during the day, use the nearby Lenne’s Rise Site of Grace to pass the time until nightfall.
With the boss located and the right time set, it’s time to prepare for the battle. Let’s proceed to the next section for details on how to defeat the Night’s Cavalry and obtain the Bloodhound Step Ash of War.
Killing Off the Night’s Cavalry
The Night’s Cavalry is one of the easier bosses in Elden Ring, especially at higher levels. Here are some strategies that I found useful while facing him:
- Roll and Strike: When the Night’s Cavalry charges at you with repeated strikes from horseback, roll to evade his attacks and look for openings just after he finishes a swing.
- Dodge the Pounce: Be cautious of his long-distance pouncing attack, where he swings his weapon. You’ll need precise timing to dodge this move, so practice is essential.
- Stay Agile: Wait for openings, and don’t get greedy with your attacks. I learned this the hard way, greed will always kill you!
- Disarm Him: If you manage to make the knight fall off his horse, he becomes slower and easier to deal with.
- Cheese Strategy: If you’re struggling with the boss, especially early in the game, you can use a cheese strategy. There’s a tree overlooking the bridge where you fight the Night’s Cavalry. Ride up to it with double jumps and use ranged weapons, spells, or throwables to attack the boss from a safe distance.
In our Elden Ring review, we had to hand the game a 5/5, chiefly because of its vibrant, open-world gameplay element that’s teeming with details and hybrid combat, not to mention the rush of the challenge. If you’re a new player who’s just getting started with Elden Ring, don’t forget to check out our best starting class guide to dominate your opponents right from the get-go.
- In the meantime, don’t miss out on the Elden Ring Carian Greatsword Location Walkthrough.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍