FromSoftware games always had one of the most active modding communities. From Dark Souls 3 Convergence mod to Dark Souls Nightfall project, we have seen some of the most insane mods done for a videogame. Naturally, the aim of these mods is not only to keep the game fresh but also to bring the quality of life changes the fans have been asking for. In today’s guide, we’ll cover the latest addition to one of the best FromSoftware community mods, the Seamless Co-op mod for Elden Ring.
Elden Ring is the latest addition to FromSoftware’s soulsborne games. With their latest addition, Fromsoftware has not only further improved gameplay systems but also NPC questlines. You can go through our guides on Fia, Alexandar, Ranni, Millicent, and patches to learn about some of Elden Ring’s most intriguing NPCs.
Furthermore, Elden Ring features the best-ranged builds of any Fromsoftware game. Bow builds and magic builds have been heavily revamped to make them much more practical for playthroughs. So consider reading our guides for the best bow and mage build in Elden Ring for that.
What is Seamless Co-op In Elden Ring?
To put it simply, Seamless Co-op is a co-op mod that allows you and your friends to play the game from start to finish without the game putting any restrictions. Meaning now you can explore The Land Between with your friends without the game kicking them out after you take down a boss.
Elden Ring’s own multiplayer can be very tedious at times with its connectivity issues and the restrictions placed on the player by the game. Thankfully, the Seamless Co-op mod aims to solve all of those issues. Before reading further, why not go through our guide on the locations of Comet Azur, Ghiza’s Wheel, and Hook Claws in Elden Ring.
This mod is developed by LukeYui, who is also known for his work on Sekiro Online and Blue Sentinels. The mod brings all of those features and quality of life changes to multiplayer you might’ve initially expected from Elden Ring.
So without further ado, let’s discuss what features and quality of life changes the mod brings
Features & Changes In Seamless Co-op Mod
There are a lot of changes Elden Ring Seamless Co-op makes to Elden Ring’s multiplayer system, which is discussed below:
- If the host or any of the players die, the session will not be terminated. Instead, the players who have died will respawn at the last site of grace they rested at.
- The next change is probably the biggest one. Elden Ring Seamless Co-op mod enables you to keep playing the game with your friends even after the area boss has been defeated.
- Usually in Elden Ring, when you summon players to your world, other players are restricted to the zone they are summoned in through fog barriers. Those fog barriers have been removed in the Seamless Co-op mod.
- One of the biggest restrictions Elden Ring’s online component places on you whenever you hop onto multiplayer is locking you out of your ability to summon Torrent. With the Seamless Co-op mod, you and your buddies can summon torrent in multiplayer and explore the vast world of Elden Ring much more conveniently.
- All waypoints have been synchronized in this mod, meaning you and your group can fast travel anywhere on the map.
- The world will reset if any one of the party members rests at a site of grace. It is done to avoid enemy desync.
- Another big change Seamless Co-op makes to Elden Ring’s multiplayer is that it syncs the progression of all players. Game progression in online play is carried over into your world as well. In other words, a boss defeated in the host’s world will also fall in your own world as well.
- Invasions are unnecessary to progress Varre’s questline.
- Seamless Co-op overhauls the Elden Ring connection system using Steam‘s newer networking API.
- Stakes of Marika are disabled to avoid connection problems.
Quality of Life Changes
One of the biggest problems that persist in Elden Ring’s online multiplayer is its connection issues. Constant disconnections during sessions is something that can frustrate you a lot. Elden Ring’s Seamless Co-op makes the following changes to improve connection stability.
- The first quality of life improvement Seamless Co-op brings to Elden Ring’s multiplayer is that it disables Easy Anti-Cheat. This allows you and your friends to freely use any mod they want, granted that all the party members have that mod downloaded.
- With the removal of Easy Anti Cheat, the issues of packet loss and bugs caused by it are also gone.
- Seamless Co-op’s streamlined connection allows your friends to join you from anywhere in The Lands Between. So getting disconnected from the host is no longer an issue because you quickly rejoin and continue from where you left off.
Making a Balanced Co-op Experience
One of the staples of Fromsoftware games is its challenge. This is something the mod creator LukeYei was well aware of. Obviously, playing the game with friends will make the overall game much easier than solo play, but some additions have been made to keep the overall experience balanced and rewarding.
The changes made to keep the overall experience challenging and rewarding are as follows:
- In the Seamless Co-op mod, you can play with 3 friends as opposed to the maximum of 2 in Elden Ring’s base game. To balance it, the third tier of enemy scaling has been added.
- As mentioned above, getting disconnected from the session as soon as the host or summoned players die to a boss makes the overall experience very frustrating since you have to go through a lot of steps to rejoin the game. To solve the issue of boss fights, the Seamless Co-op mod puts the dead players in a spectator mod like other multiplayer games and lets the fight continue until all the party members are dead.
- A debuff will stack up on you whenever you die in a Co-op session. The debuff can be one of the 5 types of Rots that the dying player will be afflicted with. The reason for the change is to stop a player from dying repeatedly while other players try their best to remain alive to keep the enemies from respawning.
- If one of your partners rests at a site of grace while you are fighting a boss, you and your friends fighting the boss will be removed from the boss room.
Is Seamless Co-op Mod Safe for Elden Ring?
Now to answer the burning question. Is Seamless Co-op safe to use? Or is there a chance it will get you banned? Well, the short answer is No.
But the answer to these questions isn’t always this simple. Elden Ring uses Easy Anti Cheat, and using any kind of mods with Elden Ring will force you into an offline mod. Forcing the game into an online mod with mods enabled can get you banned. On the topic of Anti-cheat and inappropriate activity, have a look at our guides on Anti Cheat Error and Inappropriate activity detected in Elden Ring.
Similarly, modifying the Seamless Co-op files in order to connect yourself with the vanilla players will most likely result in an immediate ban as well. Furthermore, the save file extension Elden Ring’s Seamless Co-op mod uses is different from that of Elden Ring’s base game.
Installation Guide and Use
Seamless Co-op is one of the easier mods you can install for Elden Ring. You don’t need to install a mod engine or other softwares like that to make it work. It’s a very simple 4-step installation process. Before you go any further why not go through our guide on Elden Ring Eleonoras Poleblade guide.
- Download the mod from Nexus Mods.
- After you are done downloading, extract the downloaded .rar file in your Elden Ring folder.
- You’ll see two items extracted. One will be a .exe file that will be used to launch Elden Ring, and the other will be a folder by the name “SeamlessCoop”.
- Go inside the SeamlessCoop folder and open the coopassword file. Once you open this file, you can set your session password in front of the coopassword. Also, make sure that your friends are using the same password as you.
- Launch Elden Ring through the “laucnh_elden_ring_seamlesscoop.exe”.
- Once you are inside the game, you’ll notice that you have four new items (Effigy of Malenia, Tiny Great Pot, Separating Mist, and Judicator’s Rulebook) in your inventory.
- To create a session, use the Tiny Great Pot from your inventory.
- If you want to join a friend’s session, simply use the Effigy of Malenia from your inventory, granted that you and your friend are using the same password.
- If you want to leave a session or want to forcibly remove someone from the session, use the Separating Mist from your inventory.
- As we have mentioned above, the Seamless Co-op mod does not allow other players to invade your world, supposedly removing a very important PVP component that is considered the heart of Elden Ring’s multiplayer. This is something that has been taken care of as well. You can use the Judicator’s Rule book anytime to turn on or off the friendly fire, allowing you to partake in friendly duels as well.
- One last critical thing to keep in mind, make sure you and your friends are using the same version of the mod and the game in order for the entire thing to work properly. So make sure to keep your mod and the game updated.
Elden Ring features a fantastic Open World sprawling with hundreds of different creatures but in making a magnificent single-player mod FromSoftware probably cut some corners with its multiplayer either due to budget or time constraints.
Occasional disconnections and getting kicked out of the session because the host was unable to skillfully dodge the Melania’s Waterfowl Dance can be very frustrating because of all the hoops you have to jump through to rejoin the session again.
Another thing was the exploration of the Open World because Elden Ring never allowed players in Co-op to explore and slay the bosses as long as they liked. This is one of the reasons why Seamless Co-op is one of the most popular Elden Ring mods right now on Nexus Mod. Speaking of bosses, consider reading our Elden Ring Bosses tier list.
Seamless Co-op mod by LukeYui makes the Elden Ring’s work in a way you always would have dreamed of. Teaming up with your buddies and exploring The Lands Between without having fear of getting kicked out of the session upon the host’s death or traveling huge distances without torrent is what makes this mod essential for the Co-op experience.
Hopefully, the quality of life changes brought by Seamless Co-op to Elden Ring’s multiplayer won’t go unnoticed by FromSoftware. FromSoftware is always dedicated to their games and always works on polishing any rough edges their games had in their future installments.
So it isn’t out of the realm of possibility that FromSoftware will completely revamp their multiplayer system and makes the entire system much more convenient for the players whenever their next big souls game drops. On the topic of souls games, why not check our best Soulsborne games of all time feature post and learn the ranking of souls games and see where Elden Ring stands.
This wraps up our guide on Elden Ring’s Seamless Co-op mod. Let us know what you think about our guide in the comments below.
Elden Ring is currently available on Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, and Microsoft Windows.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍