Nothing is more annoying than being hit with an Error Code while playing Destiny 2, especially the recently reported “Weasel” bug. Presumably, the error is caused by Servers issues and connectivity problems, however, it has kept many players out for hours without getting budged. Nonetheless, you can try out some viable fixes to get over the Destiny 2 Error Code Weasel.
What is the Error Code Weasel in Destiny 2?
The Weasel error code in Destiny 2 can occur due to various reasons, including network connection issues and logging in through multiple platforms with cross-save enabled. Here’s some additional information about the error:
- Cross-Save: When using cross-save and logging in across multiple platforms simultaneously, the Weasel error can occur. To resolve this, play on one platform at a time.
- Server Overload: The Weasel error has been known to happen during the launch of Destiny 2 expansions when servers become overloaded. This can result in players being cleared from the queue and interrupting gameplay.
Understanding the possible causes of the Weasel error can help players take appropriate steps to address it, whether it’s related to cross-save or server overload during expansion launches.
How to Fix the Error Code Weasel in Destiny 2
If the player is not actively trying to log in through the game via multiple devices, then the fix for the weasel error code is pretty self-explanatory. It is not a complicated problem to solve in the game.
Furthermore, you can also consult the Official Network Troubleshooting guide from Bungie. It provides a detailed explanation of every error code as well as other network-related issues found within the game.
We have thoroughly researched the active communities of Destiny 2 on Discord and Reddit. With the help of various veteran players and complaints from them. We have managed to create eight ways to help players how to solve the weasel error code in Destiny 2 as easily as possible.
Using a VPN Connection
To ensure a stable connection and avoid error codes in Destiny 2, consider using a VPN. Destiny 2 communicates with its backend servers, and a VPN can help establish a secure connection, allowing you to log in without encountering errors.
Using a VPN can temporarily mask your connection, ensuring a smoother login process. It’s important to choose reputable VPN providers like NordVPN, which offers bundle plans and free trials for first-time customers. NordVPN is widely used and trusted worldwide for its reliability and security.
Enable an Open Nat Type Connection
Nat Type is a major component in your connection across most multiplayer games. It plays a key role in establishing a proper connection to the servers of each game to your system or console. There are a total of three kinds of nat types for every user to use on their routers:
- Open Nat Type: 1
- Moderate Nat Type: 2
- Strict Nat Type: 3
However, we are looking to implement Nat type 1, which is the open type. Most players should have the “moderate” type, which is fine too. Just avoid the strict type at all costs that are Nat Type 3.
It might be a complex process, but you can mess around with your router and enable the settings yourself, or preferably, we suggest consulting with your ISP to help you with the process and explain it.
It is worth noting that not every router may have the same settings or interface. We advise logging into your router beforehand and getting a feel for each menu in it. To enable Open Nat manually, follow these steps:
- You can find the Login credentials of your internet commonly written behind the router device.
- Log in to the router via its main IP Address portal.
- Locate the Port Forward option, which should be located under the DMZ or IPv4 settings most of the time.
- Once there, you need to fill in the TCP & UDP boxes with the port numbers of Destiny 2 and your system.
- The IP address of whichever system you play Destiny 2 on and the Mac Address of the console is mandatory.
- There are various Port Numbers for each kind of console, which you can find easily on their Official sites.
- An example of these port values is TCP: 1935, 3478-3480 & UDP: 3074, 3478-3479 for the PS5.
- Save the settings, restart the router and check if the Weasel error code is resolved in Destiny 2.
Unlink the Destiny Companion App
In addition to helpful accessibility features found within the game’s settings, Bungie has allowed the players of Destiny 1 & 2 to access further information about the game through the companion app. The application is designed for smartphones and is available on the Android Playstore & Apple App store.
It is reported within the community from a few users that the Destiny Companion app may be a potential cause of a few issues. The Error Code Weasel in Destiny 2 is one of the few to name, and you can learn how to fix it by un-linking the app from your Bungie account:
- Firstly, sign in to Bungie.Net with your account.
- Navigate towards the Settings menu and click on the “Accounts & Links” option.
- Choose whichever current platform you are playing on and the “unlink” option next to the platform that you want; in this case, you are looking to unlink the app, which should be below in your app history.
- Alternatively, you simply uninstall the app on your from your phone too.
- Check if the error code Weasel persists in the game.
Deleting Pending Clan Invites
Destiny 2, being a massive MMO looter shooter, makes having fellow guardians at your side 24/7 a must to complete the endgame activities. It is where the game makes it crucial to be a part of a clan in the game.
Clans consist of various players who can level up the clan and perform activities together. They function similarly to Guilds from other MMOs. You can learn more about the clans from their Official Site on the Bungie.net page.
It might seem like disbelief to some familiar players, but the clan features are known to cause some issues in the game. The error code weasel is reported by players to occur whenever you get new pending invites to a clan. It is suggested that you request the admin of the clan to boot you from it as soon as possible.
Alternatively, of course, you can simply hop over to the Bungie.Net site and delete the pending invite under the memberships tab in the clans’ tab. You can also leave the clan yourself too from the same site. You can try rejoining the clan another time to check if the problem has been resolved or not in the game.
Verify File Integrity on Steam
Sometimes, there is a chance that games may suffer from corrupted or deleted game files. These files may be essential to the core functioning of the game and its software. Even a single missing file in the game’s directory can cause it to have multiple issues or disruptions to hinder your gameplay.
Thankfully, in the case of Destiny 2, you can verify the files through the Steam launcher. This process is highly beneficial as it lets you check and scan the entire game directory for any sort of file errors. The weasel error code can be potentially caused due to the game having some vital files corrupted or removed in some nature.
The procedure to verify the game files via the steam launcher is not a complex process to accomplish. You can complete it in just a few short steps:
- Locate the Destiny 2 title in your Library on Steam.
- Right-click on it to open a small menu and click on the Properties option.
- It will then open a new menu. Here navigate to the “Local Files” tab.
- You should be able to spot the “Verify Integrity of Game Files” prompt.
- Select it, and it will run a check on the game files; the time to complete will depend on the game size.
- Nonetheless, when the checking is complete, Steam will notify you of any missing files and download them.
- Hop back into the game and investigate if the weasel error is resolved.
Rebuilding Database on PS4 & PS5
This is a method specifically tailored for Playstation 4 & 5 users. The rebuild database is a procedure present on these systems which allows you clear excess cache from your system. It is a favorable process to do every month or so to revitalize or refresh the storage components of the PlayStation console.
Rebuilding the database will essentially help you reset some of the console’s download directory too. It is favorable to do so because it does not harm the console nor delete any sort of data on it in any way. You can easily rebuild the database of both Playstation consoles in the following way:
- First of all, make sure your console is completely turned off.
- Press and hold the power button on the PS4 or PS5 for 7-8 seconds after the initial boot-up sound.
- It should now open up the Safe Mode menu on the screen.
- Connect your USB cable with the console and into your controller to navigate on it.
- Select the 5th option, which is the “Rebuild Database,” and confirm it.
- So, depending on the storage and apps on your console, it will take upwards of a few minutes to complete.
- Once it is done, launch Destiny 2 and see if the Error code weasel has been fixed.
Restarting the Console or System
Power Cycle Your Console or System:
- For PS5, restart the console from the quick menu screen by holding the PS button.
- Xbox and other consoles can be turned off from the home screen interface.
- On PC, restart your system via the Windows prompt under the Task Bar button.
Restart Your System:
- Hold down the Power button on PlayStation and Xbox consoles to turn them off manually.
- PC users can restart their system promptly, especially if it’s installed on an SSD or NVMe drive.
Power cycling your console or system is the initial step recommended by Bungie to resolve the Weasel error code in Destiny 2. It should address most issues, but if the problem persists, further investigation into potential causes like corrupted files or in-game aspects like clans may be needed.
Improving your Internet Connection
To prevent error codes like Weasel in Destiny 2, a stable and strong network connection is crucial. Destiny 2 relies on a peer-to-peer (P2P) connection and connects to multiple servers worldwide to ensure a smooth multiplayer experience.
Here’s how to ensure a stable network connection:
- Adequate Bandwidth: Make sure you have sufficient bandwidth to prevent lag or latency issues during gameplay. Aim for a stable and high-speed internet connection.
- Use Ethernet: Consider using an ethernet cable connection to your router instead of relying on Wi-Fi. Ethernet connections tend to provide more stability and consistent speeds.
- Restart Router and Game: After switching to an ethernet connection, restart both your router and the game to ensure a fresh and stable connection.
Hopefully, the methods we have discussed will help you fix the error code weasel so you can get back to grinding and hunting down Savathun and farming the exotic loot of Destiny 2 Witch Queen. Let us know if we missed anything or if you have any questions about the guide in the comments box below!
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍