Nothing is more annoying than being hit with an Error Code while playing Destiny 2, especially the recently reported “Weasel” bug. Presumably, the error is caused by Servers issues and connectivity problems, however, it has kept many players out for hours without getting budged. Nonetheless, you can try out some viable fixes to get over the Destiny 2 Error Code Weasel.
- The error code “Weasel” may be caused due to the game’s clan feature, network issues, server blockage, or in some cases corrupted game files.
- Another major cause is using the ‘Strict’ Nat Type since it provides the least connectivity.
- To fix the Weasel code error, players can ask their Destiny 2 Clan admin to remove them from the clan or they can delete the pending invite.
- Apart from that, make use of the Verifying file integrity feature on the Steam app and crosscheck for missing or corrupted files.
- Try switching to an ethernet connection rather than a wireless one to strengthen your internet speed.
- If you are yet not using an Open Nat Type, try switching to it by contacting your ISP.
- You can also try connecting to Destiny 2 servers after turning on a legit VPN.
- If you are playing the game on PS4 or PS5, you can try overcoming this error code by using the rebuild database option to clear cache data.
What is the Error Code Weasel in Destiny 2?
The error code weasel splits off for a couple of different reasons. It may simply be the network connection issues or in the case where you login through multiple platforms when cross-save is enabled. Knowing this information, you can know the fix is by just playing on one platform at a time, but the issue goes deeper than it.
There have been numerous prior occasions where the error code weasel kept occurring when the servers were overloaded during the launch of the expansions of Destiny 2. It is prominent to occur when the game clears players from the queue during the first-day login of the new expansion and interrupts your gameplay.
How to Fix the Error Code Weasel in Destiny 2
If the player is not actively trying to log in through the game via multiple devices, then the fix for the weasel error code is pretty self-explanatory. It is not a complicated problem to solve in the game.
However, if the causes are surely on your end, then you might face some slight headaches in solving it. They mostly stem from a poor network connection, so that we will focus help on that. The methods provided by Bungie themselves are to “simply power cycle your systems,” but that is far from any sort of proper solution.
Furthermore, you can also consult the Official Network Troubleshooting guide from Bungie. It provides a detailed explanation of every error code as well as other network-related issues found within the game.
We have thoroughly researched the active communities of Destiny 2 on Discord and Reddit. With the help of various veteran players and complaints from them. We have managed to create eight ways to help players how to solve the weasel error code in Destiny 2 as easily as possible.
Using a VPN Connection
First off, destiny 2 communicates with its backend servers to establish a connection with the game. You have the option to use VPN to secure a firm gateway to the servers. It will help you log into the game without any worries.
Using a VPN will allow players to access the login process of the game without encountering any tedious error code to hinder it. The servers of the game always require a stable connection to succeed in working smoothly. It is where VPNs can become useful to temporarily mask your connection just to help you get into the game.
At certain times, your network connection will be programmed by the Internet Service Provider to block valuable server data trafficking, thus causing all sorts of issues like the Error Code Weasel. At that moment, players can simply use a VPN connection to ensure a solid route to the blocked data you need to connect with the game.
We highly recommend using official VPN providers such as NordVPN. They offer bundle plans and even have free trials to use as a first-time customer. It is verified and one of the top proxy services used by the entire world.
Enable an Open Nat Type Connection
Nat Type is a major component in your connection across most multiplayer games. It plays a key role in establishing a proper connection to the servers of each game to your system or console. There are a total of three kinds of nat types for every user to use on their routers:
- Open Nat Type: 1
- Moderate Nat Type: 2
- Strict Nat Type: 3
However, we are looking to implement Nat type 1, which is the open type. Most players should have the “moderate” type, which is fine too. Just avoid the strict type at all costs that are Nat Type 3.
It might be a complex process, but you can mess around with your router and enable the settings yourself, or preferably, we suggest consulting with your ISP to help you with the process and explain it.
It is worth noting that not every router may have the same settings or interface. We advise logging into your router beforehand and getting a feel for each menu in it. To enable Open Nat manually, follow these steps:
- You can find the Login credentials of your internet commonly written behind the router device.
- Log in to the router via its main IP Address portal.
- Locate the Port Forward option, which should be located under the DMZ or IPv4 settings most of the time.
- Once there, you need to fill in the TCP & UDP boxes with the port numbers of Destiny 2 and your system.
- The IP address of whichever system you play Destiny 2 on and the Mac Address of the console is mandatory.
- There are various Port Numbers for each kind of console, which you can find easily on their Official sites.
- An example of these port values is TCP: 1935, 3478-3480 & UDP: 3074, 3478-3479 for the PS5.
- Save the settings, restart the router and check if the Weasel error code is resolved in Destiny 2.
Unlink the Destiny Companion App
In addition to helpful accessibility features found within the game’s settings, Bungie has allowed the players of Destiny 1 & 2 to access further information about the game through the companion app. The application is designed for smartphones and is available on the Android Playstore & Apple App store.
It is reported within the community from a few users that the Destiny Companion app may be a potential cause of a few issues. The Error Code Weasel in Destiny 2 is one of the few to name, and you can learn how to fix it by un-linking the app from your Bungie account:
- Firstly, sign in to Bungie.Net with your account.
- Navigate towards the Settings menu and click on the “Accounts & Links” option.
- Choose whichever current platform you are playing on, and the “unlink” option next to the platform that you want; in this case, you are looking to unlink the app, which should be below in your app history.
- Alternatively, you simply uninstall the app on your from your phone too.
- Check if the error code Weasel persists in the game.
Deleting Pending Clan Invites
Destiny 2, being a massive MMO looter shooter, makes having fellow guardians at your side 24/7 a must to complete the endgame activities. It is where the game makes it crucial to be a part of a clan in the game.
Clans consist of various players who can level up the clan and perform activities together. They function similarly to Guilds from other MMOs. You can learn more about the clans from their Official Site on the Bungie.net page.
It might seem like disbelief to some familiar players, but the clan features are known to cause some issues in the game. The error code weasel is reported by players to occur whenever you get new pending invites to a clan. It is suggested that you request the admin of the clan to boot you from it as soon as possible.
Alternatively, of course, you can simply hop over to the Bungie.Net site and delete the pending invite under the memberships tab in the clans’ tab. You can also leave the clan yourself too from the same site. You can try rejoining the clan another time to check if the problem has been resolved or not in the game.
Verify File Integrity on Steam
Sometimes, there is a chance that games may suffer from corrupted or deleted game files. These files may be essential to the core functioning of the game and its software. Even a single missing file in the game’s directory can cause it to have multiple issues or disruptions to hinder your gameplay.
Thankfully, in the case of Destiny 2, you can verify the files through the Steam launcher. This process is highly beneficial as it lets you check and scan the entire game directory for any sort of file errors. The weasel error code can be potentially caused due to the game having some vital files corrupted or removed in some nature.
The procedure to verify the game files via the steam launcher is not a complex process to accomplish. You can complete it in just a few short steps:
- Locate the Destiny 2 title in your Library on Steam.
- Right-click on it to open a small menu and click on the Properties option.
- It will then open a new menu. Here navigate to the “Local Files” tab.
- You should be able to spot the “Verify Integrity of Game Files” prompt.
- Select it, and it will run a check on the game files; the time to complete will depend on the game size.
- Nonetheless, when the checking is complete, Steam will notify you of any missing files and download them.
- Hop back into the game and investigate if the weasel error is resolved.
Rebuilding Database on PS4 & PS5
This is a method specifically tailored for Playstation 4 & 5 users. The rebuild database is a procedure present on these systems which allows you clear excess cache from your system. It is a favorable process to do every month or so to revitalize or refresh the storage components of the PlayStation console.
Rebuilding the database will essentially help you reset some of the console’s download directory too. It is favorable to do so because it does not harm the console nor delete any sort of data on it in any way. You can easily rebuild the database of both Playstation consoles in the following way:
- First of all, make sure your console is completely turned off.
- Press and hold the power button on the PS4 or PS5 for 7-8 seconds after the initial boot-up sound.
- It should now open up the Safe Mode menu on the screen.
- Connect your USB cable with the console and into your controller to navigate on it.
- Select the 5th option, which is the “Rebuild Database,” and confirm it.
- So, depending on the storage and apps on your console, it will take upwards of a few minutes to complete.
- Once it is done, launch Destiny 2 and see if the Error code weasel has been fixed.
Restarting the Console or System
So, according to the official guide for the error code weasel from Bungie. The first thing that the developers have mentioned on the Official site for the solution to this error is to “Power Cycle” your console or system.
Preferably, the method should be able to resolve the error under most circumstances, but as we mentioned, it might go deeper into possibilities from other causes like corrupted files to in-game aspects like clans.
You can easily restart the PS5 console from the quick menu screen by holding the PS button. Almost every console, like the Xbox, can also be turned off from the home screen interface. Alternatively, you can hold down the Power button on Playstation and Xbox consoles to turn them off manually.
Meanwhile, PC users should face no problem in quickly rebooting their system via the Windows prompt under the Task Bar button. It should restart faster if you have your Windows OS installed on an SSD or NVMe drive. So doing these should be the best ways how to fix and resolve the weasel error code in Destiny 2.
Improving your Internet Connection
Destiny 2 requires a peer-to-peer (P2P) connection at all times to function properly. The game is connected to multiple servers across the world to maintain a smooth and stable multiplayer system.
Thus having a weak or unstable network connection might be one of the most common causes for several error codes to occur in the game, including the weasel error code. Players will want to have an adequate amount of bandwidth for the game to run without any lag or latency disruptions to annoy you or anyone in your fire team.
We highly recommend investing in an ethernet cable connection with your router to boost your internet speed. Most of the time, Wifi connections can have varying speeds and can cause instability in your game.
Strong internet speeds will be essential, especially during endgame activities like Nightfalls and Raids, where communication and split-second decision-making will be key to their completion. It should be your last hope to cure the error issue in the game. Just be sure to restart the router and game once you switch to ethernet.
Hopefully, the methods we have discussed will help you fix the error code weasel so you can get back to grinding and hunting down Savathun and farming the exotic loot of Destiny 2 Witch Queen. Let us know if we missed anything or if you have any questions about the guide in the comments box below!
Next: Lost Ark Unable to get Location Info Error
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍