Players sometimes cannot log in to the Honkai Star Rail servers due to a connectivity issue, mainly Honkai Star Rail’s Error Codes 1001_1 and 1001_3. These errors can appear due to a multitude of reasons related to network and server issues. If you have been greeted with the same ominous message, don’t fret because the solution to the problem might be simpler than you think.
Try Switching Networks
First, test your network from the Speedtest website and see if internet bandwidth is your issue. While simple sounding, many users have reported that using some particular networks themselves has rendered them unable to log in to their accounts. Frequently named networks have been Comcast and Xfinity. So, if you are on either of the preceding networks, it would be especially beneficial to switch to any other available networks around you.
To switch your network, switch to Wi-Fi if you are on Cellular Data and vice-versa if you are on Cellular Data. One thing to note is that you don’t need to switch permanently to keep in the game: Switching before logging in and reverting afterward would work just as well.
Turning Off VPN
A VPN redirects your data traffic by placing an intermediary server between you and the servers you might want to connect with. This can produce some nasty packet loss and might be the culprit behind your inability to log in.
To try this solution, turn off any VPN software you might have installed before launching the game. If the solution works, you can always set up a custom network filter in the software. This would allow you to go Star Blazing without turning your VPN off every time.
Turning Off Ad Blocker
While you might be thinking about how an Ad Blocker would hinder your ability to access Honkai: Star Rail, if you are using one, there is a high chance that it might be blocking the Star Rail servers themselves. According to the players, AdGuard has been a major culprit.
So, it might be worthwhile to turn it off, especially if you are using AdGuard. If the culprit does come out to be the AdBlocker, you can always whitelist the Star Rail servers by creating your very own ad filter.
Removing AdGuard DNS
One of the more niche fixes for people playing Star Rail on PC through an emulator is removing your AdGuard DNS. For some reason, it keeps falsely detecting Hoyoverse servers as malware/malicious. Many of their users reported having fixed their network problems with the game by turning off their private AdGuard servers.
If you are also an AdGuard DNS user with the same dilemma, removing it would most likely fix the problem.
To remove the said program, Simply:
- Type Installed Apps into the Start Menu’s search bar and press Enter.
- Type AdGuard into the search bar.
- Press the 3 Dots and then click on the ‘Uninstall’ button.
- Follow the wizard along, and you should be done.
If you are using their System-Wide DNS on mobile devices, simply:
- Go into your Settings app.
- Click on Network and Internet Settings.
- Go into Private DNS, and tap on Off.
Flush Your DNS
Your DNS essentially translates human-readable site names to machine-readable IPs. This means that when your network is on a custom DNS, there is a possibility that you might be unable to reach some IP addresses. In this case, it could be the reason why Honkai Star Rail Error Codes 1001_1 or 1001_3 decided to pop up.
So, it would be a good idea to try clearing it.
To flush your DNS Cache:
- Type ‘cmd’ into the Start Menu’s search bar and press Enter.
- Once in, type ‘ipconfig /flushdns’ into the Command Prompt, and hit Enter.
- If successful, you will be greeted with the message that it has Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache.
- Open your Chrome Browser.
- Type chrome://net-internals/#dns: in the URL Bar.
- In the left pane, Select DNS.
- Tap the Clear Host Cache button in the right pane.
For iOS users, simply toggling your Airplane Mode would clear the built-up DNS cache.
Change DNS Servers
If flushing your DNS Cache doesn’t fix Honkai Star Rail Error Codes 1001_1 or 1001_3, changing it to a Public DNS Server could solve the issue. While you can use any available public DNS servers, our recommendation would be to go with one of the two:
- Google’s DNS (188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206)
- OpenDNS (220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168).
- Type Network Adapter into the Start Menu’s search bar and press Enter.
- On the new window, scroll down and click on ‘More Network Adapter Options’.
- Right-click on your Wi-Fi Connection and click on properties.
- Double-Click on Internet Protocol Version 4.
- Select Use the following DNS server and enter your selected DNS servers.
- Click on Ok and exit.
- Navigate to your Settings and then to Wi-Fi.
- Tap on the network you want to modify and traverse into Advanced.
- Change DHCP to Static in IP Settings.
- Type your desired DNS servers into DNS 1 and DNS 2.
- Tap on Save and exit.
- Go to your Settings app and tap on Wi-Fi.
- Tap the Blue Icon for the network you want to modify.
- Select Manual from Configure DNS.
- Tap Add Server and entire in your chosen DNS Servers.
- Press Save to confirm the changes.
Other Potential Solutions
If all of the above fixes do not work, you might want to try verifying your game files from within the game itself. You can also try restarting your PC or mobile device to clear out any problematic cache that’s built up. Or, as the very last resort, reinstalling the entire game. Doing so, however, would most likely not fix the issue as the problem is geared more toward your Network.
To verify your game files, you will have to select the file’s icon from the top right of your login screen. When you start the verification process, check the box that says Force Update All Downloaded Files.
Did Any Of The Solutions Work?
If any of the above solutions helped fix your problem and enabled you to go Star Blazing. This is a weird error that can happen anytime, so it’s best that can prevent you from playing his gorgeous game. It’s best that you try all the fixes to ensure the error gets resolved for good.
The error code could occur due to the unintentional block of Honkai: Star Rail servers, generally by your ISP’s side.
While some instructions might be hard to follow, they are very easy to implement.
No, your internet access would be fine even if you end up not solving the issue.
After you’re done fixing this issue, do give our Best 5-Star Characters Guide a read. You should try getting the best heroes and rewards from the get-go. And if you are already content and don’t want to spend your time rerolling, be sure to check out these other Honkai Star Rail guides:
- Honkai Star Rail BEST Builds [Top 5]
- Honkai Star Rail Healers: Best, Skills & Playstyle
- Honkai Star Rail: Treasure Map [Locations]
- Honkai Star Rail Daily Missions [How To Complete]
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍