The latest installment in the PGA series by 2K games heavily relies on a stable internet connection. Hence, people have run into the error code HB-RS 1702 since the game’s launch. This error code refers to a problem with the connection of the game to the official 2k games servers. You can easily solve your connection timeout issue with the 2k servers by simply following the methods given below.
The PGA 2k23 Error Code HB RS 1702 states, “An unknown network error has occurred. Please try again later. Error Code: HB-RS .”
Verify Files Integrity
Corrupted or missing game files can prove to be a big nuisance while trying to play any kind of game. It can cause games to glitch, crash, and cause your multiplayer experience to be completely ruined. You can simply verify the integrity of the game files by following these footsteps.
- Start by opening the steam launcher.
- Click on the Library section.
- Now, find the pga 2k23 in the list down in the library.
- Once you have found the game, right-click and select properties.
- Now, go down to the installed files and click on “Verify integrity of game files”.
Check PGA 2K23 Server’s Status
One of the biggest reasons why you can’t connect to the servers is that the PGA 2k23 servers may be down at the moment. Unlike 2k’s other games, PGA 2k23 does not have a dedicated server page to check the server status. However, you can check PGA 2k23’s official Twitter to check for any server updates.
Power Cycle Your Modem & PC
If you still have trouble connecting to the servers, you can always try power cycling your system or PC. Power cycling is one of the most used methods that may help fix issues like these by simply restarting your PC or console. I recommend doing the same with your router, as restarting your modem will clear its cache and give you a more stable internet connection.
Firewall or Antivirus Interference
One of the most essential blockades can be set up by your own system’s security applications like the anti-virus and Firewall. Anti-virus applications like windows defender and any third-party security applications like Norton and Avast may potentially interfere with the connection of the game to the servers.
For any third-party application, you would have to turn off the real-time protection to remove any kind of restriction placed by the application.
- Search Windows security in the search bar down below.
- Click on Windows security and then move on to “Virus and Threat protection”.
- Now, scroll down and click manage settings in the “Virus and threat protection settings”.
- Then, Scroll down and open the “add or remove exclusions” section under the exclusions section.
- Click on Add an Exclusion and click on the folder option.
- Finally, find the pga 2k23 directory and add it to the exclusion list.
- Search allow an app through windows firewall in the search bar down in the taskbar and click it.
- Once the allowed app’s window opens, click the change settings option, find pga tour 2k23 in the list below, and check both boxes.
- If you can not find Pga tour 2k23 in the list, click the Allow another app option.
- Once the window is open, click on browse and find the PGA tour 2k23 directory, and select the “PGATOUR2K23.exe” to add it to the list.
Delete Temp Cache Folder
The temporary cache folder holds brief information that is necessary for the efficient functioning of various applications. However, sometimes, your computer might generate files that interfere with other applications, like games. However, you can easily clear the cache files so that new files will generate and fix the issue. Here are the steps required to remove the cache files.
- Start by pressing Windows+R on your keyboard.
- Now, Type “Appdata” in the Run dialog box.
- Open the Local folder and then scroll down to find the “Temp” folder.
- Once you open the “Temp” folder, delete every file in it by pressing Ctrl+A and then pressing Shift+Delete.
Change Your DNS Server
DNS servers provided by your ISP might not be the most optimal pathway for your connection and even go as far as to block connections to a few servers. However, you can easily change your DNS server to a much better one, like the official Google (18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124) and Cloud Flare (126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52).
You can use the following steps to change your DNS server:
- Open the Settings app by pressing Windows+I.
- Now go to Network and Internet.
- Click Change adapter options to open the network adapters window.
- Now right-click your internet adapter and click properties.
- Select Internet protocol version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click properties.
- Now select Use the following DNS server addresses option and enter Google (184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11) or CloudFlare (18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124) DNS server addresses.
Turn off the VPN Connection
If you are currently using a VPN connection to get access to any kind of blocked or restricted content on the internet, then that might be a big part of the reason why you can’t connect to the PGA 2k23 servers. So, it is important that you ensure that any instance of a VPN working in the background is turned off.
Update Your Game
Developers constantly release patches to fix any issues and overall improve the performance of the game. So, you may unknowingly be in a situation where 2k games may have released a new patch, and failing to do the said update may restrict the PGA 2k23’s connection to the servers. So, ensure that your copy of the game is updated to the latest version by following the steps given below.
- Start by Closing the game and opening the Steam launcher.
- Once the Steam launcher is open, click on the Downloads section in the middle down below.
- Now finally, check if you have any pending updates in the download section.
By applying the fixes that I have provided above, the PGA 2K23’s Error Code HB-RS 1702 will surely be fixed, allowing you to immerse yourself in your golfing experience fully.
If you still face the same problem even after applying all the methods given above, then you can always contact 2k support to assist with your problem, as they are always available to support their customers.
Here, the guide for fixing PGA 2K23 Error Code HB-RS 1702 concludes. For more informative and helpful content related to gaming, please visit eXputer, as the place offers a lot about gaming.
You can run the Ookla speed test or Fast.com to test your internet statistics like jitter, latency, speed, etc.
In most cases, a server-side issue is reported by a majority of the people due to a case of server maintenance or server downtime.
Here are some other golf and sports games lists at eXputer.com:
- 34 BEST Golf Games On Xbox One/Series X
- 10 Best Golf Games For PS5 In 2023
- 25 BEST Sports Games On PS5 
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍