It’s been almost a month since Remnant 2 got released, and it’s still riddled with errors like crashing issues, connection errors, and low-level fatal errors. The error in question today is the infamous Remnant 2 unhandled exception error.
The error says, “Unhandled Exception: Exception_Access_Violation writing address 0x00000000…”
Remnant 2 Exception error is usually caused due to corrupt game files, outdated drivers, and uninstalled dependencies. The error can pop up anytime, during gameplay, launch, and even tutorials. The first thing you should do is try verifying Remnant 2 game files to see if the error goes away. If it doesn’t, then start applying the fixes below one after another.
Install Visual C++ Dependencies
If you do not have Visual C++ dependencies installed on your PC, then no Windows game will be able to run. Errors can occur if your Visual C++ installation is outdated or not installed at all. If this is your case, you do not have to worry since we will guide you on how to install it yourself.
- Go to Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable latest supported downloads.
- Now, scroll down to the download packages and click the link next to the x86 architecture.
- After you download the file, an exe file will be available in your Downloads folder.
- Click the exe file, and let it run.
- Once the file has run successfully, restart your PC.
That is about it; run the game again and see if the error still persists. If it does, move on to the next solution.
Clear Your Cache
Oftentimes clearing your cache can help resolve gaming errors like this one. When you clear your cache, corrupted cache data gets deleted. This results in crashes and freezes or other generally unexpected behaviour. When you clear your cache, it forces the game to fetch fresh data from the game’s servers or local game files.
Also, it can remove outdated resources. Games like Remnant 2 get frequent updates for bug fixes. If your cache contains outdated resources that are incompatible with the current version of the game, you might encounter errors like the Remnant 2 unhandled exception error. To clear your cache, follow the steps below.
- Press Win + R to open the Run application.
- Type %localappdata% and press enter.
- Now, press CTRL + A to select all files inside that folder.
- After that, right-click on your mouse. This will open up a drop-down menu.
- Click on Delete.
This will delete all your cache files. Now, relaunch the game and see if the error is still there.
Update Your GPU Driver
This error can be caused by compatibility issues. To combat this, you can update your GPU driver. Since Remnant is a fairly new game, updated GPU drivers can include optimizations for this game. This will reduce the chance of crashes and even improve game performance. To do this, follow the steps listed below.
- Press Win, and search for Devise Manager.
- After doing so, navigate to Display Adapters.
- After clicking Display Adapters, a list of your display adapters will show. Right-click on your desired graphics card.
- A drop-down menu will display once you right-click. Click on Update Drivers.
- Next, click on the option to Search automatically for drivers.
- Restart your PC
There we go, all done. Now relaunch your game again and see if the Remnant 2 unhandled exception error still appears. If it does, do not lose hope. Just move on to the next solution.
Run The SFC Scan
The unhandled exception error is usually accompanied by corrupt system files. To fix your system files, you can simply run the SFC scan. This will identify corrupt system files and replace them with the correct ones. To do so, follow the steps listed below.
- Press Win, and search for Command Prompt.
- Now, click on Run as administrator.
- Press yes when the prompt asks, “Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?”
- Now that you are in the command prompt, type sfc /scannow.
- Wait until the scan is finished.
- When the scan finishes, restart your PC.
There we go, all done! Hopefully, this fixes your error.
Disable Full Screen Optimization
Full-Screen Optimization is a feature of Windows, which improves the game’s graphics performance, making the overall experience better. However, this can often cause errors with specific games, especially new ones like Remnant 2. To disable this feature, follow the steps below.
- Navigate to where you installed the Remnant 2 .exe file.
- Now, right-click on the file, and click on properties.
- Next, go to the compatibility tab.
- See if the box next to Disable Full Screen Optimization is checked or not.
- Check it if it is not already clicked.
- Press Apply.
- Relaunch the game.
Once you relaunch the game, the error should be gone.
Close Unnecessary Applications
If your PC is underpowered, it is possible that due to the large load of the game, the exception error keeps popping up. To combat this, we need to close all unnecessary applications so your computer’s resources are only utilized for playing the game. To close all unnecessary applications, follow the steps below.
- Press Win, and search for Task Manager.
- Identify all unnecessary applications running.
- Once you have identified the applications, go to each one and right-click on it.
- A drop-down menu will be displayed. Click on End Task on it.
- This will close that application.
- Repeat for all unnecessary apps.
Once all unnecessary applications are closed, relaunch the game to see if the error still persists.
Remove Unnecessary Peripherals
If you are using an Xbox or a Playstation controller, you might face an exception error like Remnant 2 unhandled exception error. Since third-party controllers have their own drivers and software, they can cause conflict with the game’s interface. Hence, removing these peripherals might solve your error.
Whitelist Game Directory In Antivirus Software
Sometimes your antivirus might flag your game files as harmful, even though they are not. A simple workaround is to whitelist your game’s directory in your antivirus software. This will not only fix potential bugs but also improve the game’s performance and start-up time.
Install Window’s Latest Updates
If you are using an outdated Windows version, you might encounter this error. To get around this, you can simply check for updates. To update your Windows to the latest version, follow the steps listed below.
- Press Win, and search for check for updates.
- If the message “You are up to date” does not display, it means your Windows has missing updates.
- Simply update your Windows by clicking the option for “Check for updates“.
That’s it! We hope that helped you solve the error.
We hope we helped you solve the Remnat 2 unhandled exception error. This error can be especially annoying since it will show up randomly when you are playing the game. However, if you are tired of Remnant’s errors and bugs, we recommend checking out 12 games just like Remnant 2.
The unhandled exception Exception_access_violation is when an application tries to access a part of the computer’s memory that it was not allowed to access. This results in an error. The operating system (OS) then intervenes to prevent any potential crashes.
We can explain this with a simple example. For example, a file in your computer can only be accessed with administrator privileges, but a program or application tries to access it even though it does not have administrator privileges.
Here are more Remnant 2 guides to keep you busy:
- Remnant 2 Connection Error
- Out Of Memory Error Remnant 2
- Remnant 2 Best Settings
- Remnant 2 Low-level Fatal Error
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍