As far as tactical third-person shooter games go, you’ll find the Sniper Elite franchise right at the very top of this enticingly thrilling genre. The latest iteration in the series has just been dropped, offering a more immersive experience better than ever with a gripping storyline and engaging combat gameplay.
However, plenty of bugs and glitches are currently plaguing the user experience of this otherwise stunning title, particularly the ones related to the start-up of the game. This guide will cover all the Sniper Elite 5 launch errors, bugs, and crashes that you should be wary of, including how to fix them as well.
Sniper Elite 5 Launch Issues
Sniper Elite 5 launch errors, bugs, and crashes are currently widespread, causing frustration among players. Issues like Sniper Elite 5 crashing on startup on PC, Sniper Elite 5 not launching, and Sniper Elite 5 EAC error are particularly problematic.
The EAC error is related to the Easy Anti-Cheat engine, which fails to install, preventing the game from starting. These issues can be quite discouraging, but there are methods to resolve them and get back to enjoying Karl Fairburne’s story. In the next section, we’ll explore these solutions.
All Sniper Elite 5 Launch Errors, Bugs, and Crashes
The following is our round-up of all the major problems affecting Sniper Elite 5 at the moment along with their designated solutions. Keep on reading to discover what makes these persistent problems tick. Lastly, be sure to implement the provided instructions as they’re scribbled down for the best results.
How to Fix Sniper Elite 5 EAC Error
The Sniper Elite 5 EAC error persists, especially for Xbox Game Pass users. This error occurs during Easy Anti-Cheat software installation, which abruptly stops.
The issue stems from the game app’s insufficient permissions to access the restricted ‘Game Pass’ folder on your Windows PC, hindering Easy Anti-Cheat installation.
To fix this error, grant administrator privileges to the game file, ensuring it has the necessary permissions to function correctly.
Create a Desktop Icon of the Game and Run It as an Administrator
To resolve the Sniper Elite 5 EAC error, run the game as an administrator, a common fix for various issues in games like Salt and Sacrifice.
Here’s how to create a desktop shortcut for the game:
- Locate the Sniper Elite 5 executable game file on your Windows PC.
- Create a desktop shortcut icon for easy access in the future.
Alternatively, you can create a desktop shortcut directly from the Xbox Game Pass app on your PC. Follow the steps and click ‘Create desktop shortcut’ to complete this process.
After creating the desktop shortcut, go to your Windows PC’s home screen and find the game’s shortcut icon sitting there. Perform a right-click yet again to bring forth several options on the screen. Click on “Run as administrator” to bring up the initial Sniper Elite 5 player window.
The next step is utterly simple. All you have to do is click on the vividly apparently “Play” button and you’ll be done for the most part. Check out the screenshot below for a visual explanation of this step.
After clicking on “Play,” it’s almost definite that you won’t be running into the same “Sniper Elite 5 error launching the game” issue followed by a long string of a code. Instead, you’ll happily visualize the “Rebellion” display text followed by the Sniper Elite 5 title screen. Congratulations! Time to finally get into the vast stretches of the game.
How to Fix Sniper Elite 5 Crashing on Startup on PC
Sniper Elite 5 PC startup crash relates to game config files or PC access to the executable. For Xbox Game Pass issues, see the fix above.
Verify Integrity of Sniper Elite 5’s Files on Steam
To fix Sniper Elite 5 errors, use Steam’s built-in tool to verify game files. It checks for corruptions and missing files. If files are missing, the game won’t run. Follow these simple steps to verify game file integrity on Steam.
- The first step is to launch your Steam client. The best way to do that is using the Windows Start menu. You can also launch it directly from the Taskbar if you have it pinned there. Launching Steam
- The next step is to hover over “Sniper Elite 5” in your games library and perform a right-click on it. This will reveal several more options for you. Click on “Properties” to get to the next step.
- The last thing you have to do before finally coming to an end to this fix is specified in the screenshot below. Click on “Local Files” first on the left column and that should change the contents of the screen for you.
- You will then simply select “Verify integrity of game files” and that will do the trick for us. Steam will take a brief moment to start the verification process and then begin double-checking the game files. Rest assured, you’ll be done soon.
- Once the process finishes, restart the Steam client and try launching the tactical shooter another go to see if it works now. The game shouldn’t bring forth any error prompt again, having tended to the game files accurately. With that said, in the unlikely case that you still have to put up with the Sniper Elite 5 not launching issue, continue reading for more solutions to try.
Disable Steam Overlay
Steam Overlay is a feature that offers social and community functions within games, including achievements. However, it can interfere with Sniper Elite 5’s Easy Anti-Cheat engine, leading to startup crashes.
To fix Sniper Elite 5 crashing at startup, you can disable Steam Overlay. This may not be the ideal solution for everyone, but it’s worth trying. Here’s how to do it:
- Right-click on the game title in your Steam library.
- Select ‘Properties.’
- Navigate to the ‘General’ tab.
- Uncheck the box next to ‘Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game.’
- Apply the changes.
As soon as you’ve gone through the process, try launching Rebellion Games’ freshly released shooter again to see if you’ve managed to fix the issue. Continue reading to try yet another potential solution if the issue still wasn’t resolved.
Get Your Graphics Drivers Up to Speed
Ensure your dedicated graphics drivers are up-to-date, as outdated drivers may be causing Sniper Elite 5’s consistent crashes on your PC.
We’re leaving links for two of the most popular graphics card manufacturers’ websites across the spectrum below.
Visit the official support page via the provided links, enter your product information to download updates. After confirming updated graphics drivers, launch Sniper Elite 5. Alternatively, manually check for driver updates using the following step-by-step instructions.
- The first step is to fire up the “Device Manager” system application on the PC. An easy way of doing that is by right-clicking the “Windows” icon in the top-left corner of the operating system’s interface, followed by clicking on the app in question. Opening Device Manager on a Windows PC
- A separate window will launch as soon as you click on “Device Manager.” This is where you’ll be effortlessly able to get your graphics drivers up to speed. Click on the “Display adapters” entry to reveal your GPU.
- Right-click on the latter to expand the area. Once done, click on “Update driver” and you should be good to go until the next step.
- A prompt will appear asking you, “How do you want to search for drivers?” Simply select the first option, which is, “Search automatically for drivers.” That way, the system will commence the hunt for any pending updates that your GPU hasn’t received yet. Your graphics drivers will be updated if Windows detects anything workable. After a brief moment, you’ll see that the update process will begin.
- That’s about it for updating your graphics drivers on Windows 10. Having an up-to-date GPU is a surefire way of preventing the Sniper Elite 5 crashing on startup on PC issue from popping up, let alone fixing it. Try launching the game now to see if the issue has been resolved.
How to Fix Sniper Elite 5 Not Launching
Apart from the game crashing as soon as it launches, another form of error has taken shape for Sniper Elite 5 players. This is when the game refuses to launch at all, thereby making players recede to their previous state and leaving them at an impasse.
From what we can gather, there are two different stratagems to employ here and hopefully get the title to start working again. Let’s see what they are ahead.
Allow the Game Through Windows Firewall
To verify, check Windows Firewall settings, as Sniper Elite 5 might be seen as a threat and not allowed to run. Troubleshoot this issue by following these steps to allow the app through Windows Firewall. We’ll provide straightforward instructions for easy understanding.
- The first step is to launch the “Firewall and network protection” section of Windows Security on your PC. You can do this by looking in this option using your Windows Start menu. Do this step to move on to the step.
- The opening “Firewall and network protection” “Firewall and Network Protection.”
- After that the process is complete, a new window will appear and will become a component within Windows Security. Windows Security department, as stated earlier. It’s now time to hit “Allow an app through firewall” for another step.
- Selecting “Allow an app through firewall.”
- It is now time to perform two clicks on the following window, which will open after you have completed the previous step. You must click on “Change settings” first to enable your “Allow another app” option available. After that, click the second option and you will find yourself in a different window.
- Setting Up the App to be Allowed Through the Firewall.
- A small-sized window will pop up right after you have completed your next task. It’s where you’ll need to click “Browse” and search your PC for the primary Sniper Elite 5 executable game application. Based on what we’ve learned it is that you just need to add one distinct part of the game to the specified area at this point which is the primary “sniperelite5” file.
- Selecting the Main Sniper Elite 5 File to be Allowed Through the Firewall.
- When you’ve located that Sniper Elite 5 executable file application, choose and then add it to the listing of compatible apps. This will bring your back to the small-sized window, in which you will see that the Sniper Elite 5 game file will be displayed with a distinct name in”Apps” in the “Apps” section. Click “Add” to allow the game to access the Windows Firewall. It’s been good progress in this step. Keep working in order to reach the bottom of the matter.
- Adding the Application to Windows Firewall.
- You’re quite not done yet. It’s just a matter of going through one final procedure to finish the procedure. Make sure to check the boxes for “Public” and “Private” connections to Windows Firewall on the “Allowed apps” window. This is possible for Sniper Elite 5. Sniper Elite 5 executable file. Make sure to click “OK” as soon as you’re finished, to save your work.
- It’s about all there is to this possible solution to solving the Sniper Elite 5 not launching issue. After you’ve let the game in through Windows Firewall, launch it on your own to determine the results
Turn Your Antivirus Software Off
Windows Defender and other antivirus software might be hindering Sniper Elite 5’s proper launch. Consider disabling them temporarily to resolve the issue. Follow the steps below to disable Windows Firewall Defender and continue reading for more details.
- Begin by looking in the search bar for “Windows Security” in the Windows Search bar. Select the application once it appears to go on to step 2.
- Opening Windows Security
- Right after that, select the “Virus and threat protection” section to move forward. In the final step, you should be able to disable your Windows antivirus software.
- Selecting the Virus and Threat Protection Settings
- In the final step, simply turn off the following features in the “Virus and threat protection settings” section. All you have to do is click on the respective toggle underneath each setting to disable it. This should be fairly simple to complete.
- Disabling All of the Virus and Threat Protection Settings
- You’ve disabled completely the inbuilt antivirus program, in the hopes of solving the issue that is causing the issue. It’s important to note that this approach is also applicable to any antivirus program from a third party that you’ve installed.
Other antivirus programs like Norton, Malwarebytes, Avira, or Avast may mistakenly flag Sniper Elite 5 as a threat, blocking its online servers’ connection. If using another antivirus, temporarily disable its primary functions and test the game to see if it runs smoothly. Share your results in the comments section.
Sniper Elite 5 faces launch errors, bugs, and crashes, making it difficult to play. We’ve compiled fixes that have worked for various players. Stay updated by following Sniper Elite’s official Twitter account for the latest news and temporary solutions to issues.
Do let us know down in the comments section if you found this guide helpful for your cause. As always, eXputer wishes you good luck!
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍