As with many other games, league of legend also have errors. The login session error is one of them. There was an unexpected error with the login session. Please try again.” Doesn’t sound very helpful, huh? And multiple login attempts don’t seem to do anything to fix the problem either and which can be a cause of headaches for you and could be very frustrating to deal with, but you don’t have to worry about that. We’ll provide you with simple fixes from which you can easily eliminate the error.
Riot Account Sign Out And In
Signing out from your Riot account and logging in can help you overcome this error. So for this purpose, you have to follow these simple steps:
- First of all, locate the riot client.
- Open riot client after locating it.
- On the right top, click on the profile icon.
- A menu will pop up from there. Click on sign out.
- On the sign-in window, enter your login credentials and sign in.
Hopefully, this may help you to resolve the error. If you do not get the required results, follow the other methods below.
Close Riot Processes
Closing programs related to riot clients and League of Legends can help you to fix the error. To do that, open the task manager, and from the processes tab, close every program related to Riot client and League of Legends. After doing this, restart your pc and try to launch the game.
Hopefully, by doing this, you will have fixed your game error. If not, follow the other methods below.
Check Riot Games Server Status
Check the riot games server status to ensure servers are not down or having problems. Click here to go to the riot games server status website. After opening the link and find League of Legends and select it. Select the region to scroll down to see if servers are down or having a problem.
If the server is down or having a problem, you can do nothing, so wait until the servers are up.
If your VPN enables disabling, it can help you fix the error. If you don’t have a VPN connection, try connecting it, as it may help you resolve the error.
Enabling the VPN can help bypass any network restriction or ip problem.
- Open settings and go to network and internet.
- Click on the VPN.
- And after clicking on VPN, disable it from there.
- Open settings and go to network and internet.
- Click on the VPN.
- If you have VPN, it will appear there, then connect it from there.
Hopefully, by doing this, you can resolve the error. If still not, there are more methods for your help.
Change DNS Server Address
Changing your DNS server can help you to resolve the error. So to change your DNS server address, follow these simple steps below:
- Open your settings.
- Go to network and internet and then click on wifi.
- Click hardware properties.
- After a new window appears, click on edit DNS settings.
- Enable IPv4 from there.
- And in the preferred DNS type ” 220.127.116.11 ” and the alternate DNS type ” 18.104.22.168 “
These are some official DNS addresses from Google which can help you to resolve the error.
Reset Network Settings
You can try to reset the network setting as it may help you to fix the error. To do that, follow the steps given below:
- Right-click on the start menu and click settings.
- In the left pane, select network and internet.
- Select advanced network settings.
- Select network reset. Click the reset button next to network reset.
- Click yes to confirm the network reset.
- Restart your pc after that.
Launch your game after doing this and see if the error still exists.
Disable Internet Protocol Version 6
IPv6 is mostly the reason behind this error. The IPv6 is not compatible with old games mostly. As it is also the cause of errors in other games. If it is disabled, it may help you to solve the issue, So to disable IPv6 make sure to follow the steps below:
- Go to the start and open settings from there.
- Go to network and internet.
- In the left-hand sidebar, select status and scroll down to click on network reset.
- Now click on the network reset screen.
- Click yes to continue when a warning message appears.
- Once you have followed the steps, Internet Protocol Version 6 will be disabled.
Turn Of Firewall Settings
You can consider turning off your firewall settings, as it may stop the game from working properly and cause issues. So you can turn it off and launch your game to see if the issue still exists. To disable firewall settings, follow these simple methods below:
For Windows 10
- You need to open the control panel and select System and Security.
- After that, click on windows defender firewall.
- Then select Turn off windows defender firewall.
- Then click on ok to save your changes.
For Windows 11
- Click on the start menu and open the window settings.
- You have to go to privacy and security.
- Click on firewall and network protection.
- Under the Microsoft Defender firewall, switch it off.
Turning off your Microsoft Defender firewall permanently is not recommended because it can leave your computer vulnerable to threats.
Disable Antivirus Temporarily
You may want to disable your antivirus temporarily as it may be blocking some files of the game, so disabling it may help you to fix the error. But make sure not to do it for a long time or permanently, as by doing this. Your system may face malware threats.
It depends on which antivirus you are using. There may be a different way to disable it. Here are some steps to disable Windows Defender given below:
- Click on Start and search Windows security.
- From there, select the program and go to virus and threat protection.
- Turn real-time protection off.
- Now restart your computer, launch your game, and see if it helped you fix the error.
Contact Riot Client
If none of the methods above helped you to fix the error, you can always try contacting Riot customer service, as they may help you to resolve the issue. To contact Riot customer care, follow the methods given below:
- First, click here to visit the official riot games support website.
- After opening the website from the link, select your region.
- Swipe down until you see submit a ticket, and click on it.
- And there, tell them about the issue you are facing.
Hopefully, they will guide you soon to resolve the error.
Did You Fix The Issue?
So this is it from us. We hope you will be able to fix the error with the help of the simple and distinctive fixes we have provided you. League of Legend developers will also work to fix the error. You can also contact their customer care service as they may help you to fix the issue.
It is not hard to fix the error if you follow all the methods we provided in the article above, so make sure to follow each method.
This error can be caused when the login queue is experiencing heavy traffic, login credentials, network-related issues, and random software glitches. However, we have provided you methods above to solve this issue easily.
Other error-fix articles related to League of Legends are:
- League of Legend mid-lane tear list
- League of Legends tear list
- League of Legends error 900
- League of Legends critical error
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍