The Wizarding world has a lot of secrets and the Room of Requirement is surely one of them, fortunately, Portkey Games made sure to include the secret room in Hogwarts Legacy. The Room of Requirement is known to transform itself as per the wizard’s need. In Hogwarts Legacy, players can access the Room of Requirement to lay back from all the drama and spend a little time in their own space.
Although to unlock the Room of Requirement in Hogwarts Legacy, you will need to put a few hours into the main storyline.
- The Room of Requirement first appears in Hogwarts Legacy during Professor Weasley’s quest called “Room of Requirement“.
- After the completion of the “Room of Requirement” quest, the room becomes available for the player in the open world.
- You get to learn three new Transfiguration spells inside the Room of Requirement including; Evanesco, Conjuring, and Altering.
- Using these spells, players can customize and revamp the whole room according to their choices.
- Inside the Room of Requirement, players can place multiple items including Desk of Description, Potion Station, Potting Table, and Loom.
- After progressing through the storyline, players can also access the Vivarium where they can look after rescued creatures.
How To Unlock The Room Of Requirement?As we mentioned earlier, the Room of Requirement only unlocks after you play the main story for a few hours. However, the good part is that the secret room is not missable. It is acquired through one of the main quests in the game. Hence, all players are guaranteed to unlock the Room of Requirement as long as they play through the major quests of the game.
With that said, players that are eagerly waiting to access the room will need to reach a quest called “Room of Requirement” led by Professor Weasley. The mission will be available for the players after they complete the Flying Class quest with Madam Kogawa. After you conclude the Flying Class by getting in touch with the mechanics of flying a Broom, the game will notify you to meet Professor Weasley in the Astronomy Tower.
Once you reach the Astronomy Tower and begin the quest, your wizard will stumble upon the secret door of the Room of Requirement. Right at that point, Professor Weasley will enter the hallway and invite you inside the Room of Requirement.
Exploring The Room & Finding DeekDuring the quest, you will explore the Room of Requirement alongside Professor Weasley, while trying to find the house elf called Deek. As you make your way through the huge piles of random things, Professor Weasley will, from time to time, teach you some new spells. The spells you learn inside the Room of Requirement include:
- Evanesco: Used to make things vanish.
- Conjuring: Spell used to craft/conjure different objects in the Room of Requirement.
- Altering: Spell used to customize the conjured-up items inside the Room of Requirement.
These transfiguration spells can not be used outside of the Room of Requirement. Hence, whenever you visit the room make sure to equip these spells for your ease. Nonetheless, during the quest, while making use of some of these spells, you will also come across a resource called “Moonstone“. These resources will also come in handy later on when you’ll craft, or shall we say conjure up, items while decorating the Room of Requirement.
Players can also purchase moonstones from specific shops, apart from that they are also found throughout the Highlands in Hogwarts Legacy. Also, using the Evanesco spell on things inside the Room of Requirement will also yield some Moonstones.
After a while of solo exploration, the player will finally stumble upon Deek. Eventually, with Deek’s help the player will be able to form their own comfort space inside the Room of Requirement. This sequence will ultimately unlock the Room of Requirement for you to confide in whenever you feel like it. After that, Professor Weasley will give you some quick tutorials on what you can do inside the room which will eventually lead to the end of the quest.
What Can You Do In The Room Of Requirement?
Now that you’ve unlocked the Room of Requirement, it’s time to understand all the different things you can do inside it. Since the room is a space for your wizard to get away from all the hustle and bustle of Hogwarts. Hence, you get full freedom to customize it as you wish.
Players will only need the spells (Evanesco, Conjuring, and Altering) that we mentioned earlier to customize the Room of Requirement. Other than that, it’s also important to have a bunch of Moonstones at hand, since without them you won’t be able to conjure up new items inside the room. Nevertheless, here are some of the things you can conjure up, along with some cool features to look forward to in Hogwarts Legacy.
FeaturesHogwart Legacy does a good job of depicting the Room of Requirement where you can make almost anything come true (except food). Here players can possibly spend hours, if not days, customizing and redecorating the spaces. Whenever you feel too caught up will all the Goblin drama in the wizarding world. Feel free to drop by the Room of Requirement and hang out with Deek.
First up, players can craft certain functioning tables to carry out some basic tasks. These platforms can be crafted by using up Moonstones. Although, the Desk of Description will be available right off the bat, and you will conjure up the Potting Table and Potions Station during the tutorial phase with Professor Weasley. Here is what all of these tables and stations do inside the Room of Requirement.
- Desk of Description: This table will already be placed in the Room of Requirement. You can use it to learn more about unidentified gear items that you acquire while exploring the wizarding world.
- Potion Station: Can be conjured by using 2x Moonstones during the “Room of Requirement” quest. The Potion Stations is one of the crucial features which will make you come back to the Room of Requirement again and again. Here you’ll be able to brew potions that can be used later on. As you progress through the game, you’ll eventually be able to place more Potion Stations in the room.
- Potting Table: Can be conjured up by using up 2x Moonstones during the “Room of Requirement” quest. This table can be used to grow multiple kinds of plants inside pots. The Potting Table is similar to the one you’ll see in the Herbology class.
- Loom: After you unlock the Vivarium, you will be able to extract resources from your creatures from time to time. These resources can then be used at the Loom to upgrade your gear. You can add all kinds of buffs and traits to your clothing with the Loom (only if you have the right ingredients).
VivariumA place where Hagrid would be proud of you! Even though this won’t be available at the beginning but as you play through the game you’ll eventually unlock the Vivarium inside the Room of Requirement. To be precise players can unlock the Vivarium after they complete their first Beast class in Hogwarts. The Vivarium will be a safe haven for all the creatures that you rescue during your journey.
Players can keep creatures like the Puffskein, Niffler, Graphorn, Thestral, and many more. You’ll be able to care for these creatures inside the Vivarium by petting them and feeding them. In return, you will be able to acquire some useful resources from them which can later be used in the Loom table to upgrade your gear.
CustomizationOther than all the workbenches, you can also conjure up all sorts of furniture inside the Room of Requirement. Players can create tables, chairs, rugs, paintings, etc. by using the Conjuring spell. Although, of course, each of these items will cost you some moonstones. Nonetheless, you can craft any furniture you like and place it inside any of the rooms. Not only that, but players can also use the Altering spell on these items to change their color, size, and theme.
Other than the furniture you can also mess around with the floor, walls, stairs, and balconies inside the Room of Requirement. You can use the Altering spell to change their look entirely by either switching up the theme or the color. When it comes to the theme or the visuals of the furniture, walls, and floors, players can choose any of the following looks.
When it comes to colors, there are plenty of options to choose from. Nevertheless, the combinations you can make with these customization options are endless.Another customization feature that players can access in the Room of Requirement is to change its lighting and ambiance. For that, you will need to speak with Deek and ask him to change the ambiance of the room. There are a total of 4 options to choose from, these include:
- Cool and Moonlit (Midnight Ambiance).
- Natural and Earthy (Outdoor Ambiance).
- Warm and Cosy (Comfortable Ambiance).
- Dark and Mysterious (Eerie Ambiance).
The ambiance of the Room of Requirement can be changed at any time by talking to Deek. There is no limit to your changes and it doesn’t matter whether its day time or night time at Hogwarts.
So there you have it! Our complete take on everything there is to know about the Room of Requirement in Hogwarts Legacy. The room is exactly as you want it to be, so who knows you may even discover something else inside it. Regardless of that, one thing is for sure the Room of Requirement will always be a safe haven for you. You can always visit the secret room when you feel like catching a break.
After years and years of waiting, Harry Potter fans can finally get an immersive experience of wizarding life by playing Hogwarts Legacy. Even the best of witches and wizards should take out their time to read the Hogwarts Legacy Beginners Guide. Apart from that, it’s also good to know How Long to beat the game. Lastly, if you’re still planning to download the game on your PC, then it’s worth knowing the Minimum Requirements for Hogwarts Legacy.
Thank you for reading through our thorough guide. For more magical guides, make sure to stick around at eXputer!
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍