Crafting has always remained a vital mechanic in the Diablo franchise as it allows them to craft various new items in the game. Diablo 4 introduces a brand new crafting system that is bound to make some players a bit confused. Since crafting is a vital mechanic in the franchise as a whole, one must know how to craft and about all the crafting materials in the game.
- There are four different types of vendors/artisans in Diablo 4 that players can visit to craft different types of items.
- The four different vendors are the Blacksmith, the Alchemist, the Occultist, and the Jeweler.
- The Blacksmith will aid the players in crafting their weapons and armor.
- Players can visit the Alchemist to upgrade their potions and elixirs.
- The Occultist provides the service to enhance the stats of your items and customize your character’s power.
- As players obtain different jewels in Diablo 4, they can pay the Jeweler a visit to upgrade them further and socket or unsocket them.
- There are four types of crafting materials in Diablo 4- Ores, Monster Parts, Herbs, and Skins.
- Ores are used by the Blacksmith to craft and upgrade the player’s weapon.
- Monster Parts are used to upgrade potions and elixirs.
- Herbs are used to craft items such as elixirs, incense, and potions.
- And finally, skins are also used to upgrade armor.
Learn in-depth about crafting in Diablo 4 by watching our video, or you can continue reading the guide.
How To Craft In Diablo 4
The game introduces a brand new system for crafting. Instead of being able to visit just one specific location and having the ability to craft every type of material, that ability has been divided between 4 different vendors/artisans.
- The Blacksmith
- The Alchemist
- The Occultist
- The Jeweler
As the name suggests, each of these vendors specializes in their own field, and players will be able to craft their required items/materials after visiting the appropriate artisan. Each of these artisans is available in every Capital City in Diablo 4.
The BlacksmithDespite the brand new crafting system, the Blacksmith is still the same old same old but with a few new tricks up his sleeve. Here, we have summarized everything that the Blacksmith has the ability to do in Diablo 4.
- The Blacksmith can aid the player in crafting their weapons and armor or even upgrade them.
- In terms of upgrades, to what extent a weapon can be upgraded is dependent on its rarity.
- If players have some old armor lying around, then they can take it to the Blacksmith to dismantle/ salvage them and obtain some crafting materials in the process.
- In case you had any jewels attached to the weapon that you have dismantled, then those jewels will be automatically returned to your inventory.
- The Blacksmith can be unlocked fairly early in the game.
The AlchemistDiablo 4 has introduced multiple new things to the franchise. The Alchemist is one of them, and here we have summarized all the services that the Alchemist can provide to the player.
- Players can visit the Alchemist to upgrade their potions, such as the health potion.
- These potions can grant the players will various buffs or advantages in the game and can get them out of a tough spot when used correctly.
While we are on the topic of potions, it is interesting to note how in Diablo 4, health potions are no longer dropped randomly or sold by vendors like in the previous titles. Players will have a health potion available on their action bar.
The OccultistUnlike your typical vendors who can craft or upgrade materials, the Occultist is quite unique, and here are all the services that the Occultist can provide to your character.
- The Occultist provides the service to enhance your armor, which basically means that it gives you the option to modify the stats of your armor and excel in a specific category.
- The Occultist also has the ability to craft Sigils occasionally, which are required if you wish to imprint Legendary Aspects on your gear.
- Sigils are also required if you wish to access the Nightmare Dungeons and customize your character’s powers.
The Occultist is the one vendor that you should pay a visit to whenever you get the time. Speaking of dungeons, you may want to read the All Dungeons Location guide as well while you are at it.
The JewelerIn case you want to upgrade the jewels or gems that you have obtained during your journey through the world of Diablo 4, then the Jeweler is your go-to vendor. And here are all the services that this vendor provides.
- The Jeweler can upgrade your jewels by increasing the amount of resistance or buffs that the specific jewel offers.
- Players can also visit this vendor to craft items such as Rings and Amulets.
- In case you wish to socket or remove your gems from your armor, then that can also be done by visiting the Jeweler.
There are currently 17 different crafting materials in the game. These crafting materials are further divided into four categories.
- Monster Parts
One interesting thing to note is that these crafting materials do not consume any inventory storage so you can pick these materials up to your heart’s content while not worrying about running out of inventory storage. These crafting materials are also picked up automatically. Only equipment and gems need to be picked up manually.
Ores are mostly used by blacksmiths in order to craft or upgrade weapons and armor. They are mostly obtained after dismantling/salvaging materials at the blacksmith. Or players can also obtain ores from veins that can be found in basically every region of Sanctuary. Some ores, however, are not so easy to obtain.
The Iron Chunk is a common ore in Diablo 4 and is mostly used for upgrading weapons and jewelry. They are most commonly found on veins nearly everywhere and by dismantling items at the blacksmith.
Silver Ore is a magic tier ore in the game and is also used for upgrading weapons and jewelry to a higher level. It is also used for crafting certain equipment and can be obtained from certain veins or dismantling specific armor or weapons at the blacksmith.
Unlike every other ore we have listed above, the Scattered Prism is the most unique one. It is a rare tier ore and is not used for crafting/ upgrading. Instead, it is used for adding sockets to gear, thus allowing you to equip more gems.
It is not found in veins; instead is found on very large bodies. Players will need to obtain some world bosses if they want the Scattered Prism. In case these world bosses are not spawning in your game, then consider reading our World Bosses Not Spawning guide.
The Monster Parts are used to upgrade potions or elixirs. Needless to say, players can obtain monster parts after slaying different monsters, and you will get specific types of monster parts based on the type of monster you kill.
Crushed Beast Bones
According to the description, the Crushed Beast Bones are used by alchemists to enhance psychical properties. The Crushed Beast bones can be obtained after killing animals, werecreatures, and beasts. It can be used to upgrade and obtain potions like the Light Healing Potion.
The Demon Heart material can be obtained after killing demons. They can be used to obtain potions such as the Moderate Healing Potion and the Superior Healing Potion.
According to the description, the Grave Dust is used in necromantic alchemies. This item can be found on the different bodies or bones or the cerements of the undead and can be used to upgrade and unlock potions like the Greater Healing Potion and the Superior Healing Potion in Diablo 4.
The Paletongue has quite the lore behind it. Manifested by the countless lies sprouted by black-hearted humans. It can be obtained after killing evil humans. It can be used to upgrade and unlock potions such as the Strong Healing Potion.
Players can use herbs to craft items such as Incense, elixirs, and potions at the Alchemist. Herbs are found throughout the world of Diablo 4 in the most random of places.
If we take a look at its description, the Biteberry is a hard, bittered berry prized by alchemists. The Biteberry is found in the Fractured Peaks and is used to upgrade and unlock multiple types of health potions and Elixir like Weak Iron Barb and Weak Elixir or Cold Resistance.
In the descriptions, the Gallowvine is known to bond and enhance elixirs as it is used in upgrading and unlocking some of the stronger potions, such as the Strong Healing Potion. It is also used to unlock the Moderate Healing Potion, the Weak Iron Ba, and multiple other potions/elixirs. It can be found nearly anywhere as it does not have a specific location.
Lifesbane is another prized herb that is known for its potent toxins and soporific effects. It is found in the area of Kehjistan and is used to unlock multiple types of potions, elixirs, and incense, such as the Major Healing Potion and the Weak Elixir of Fire Resistance.
Angelbreath is a rare-tier herb and is used for unlocking some of the more difficult-to-obtain potions/elixirs, such as the Major Healing Potion and the Superior Healing Potion. It doesn’t have a specific spawn location and can be found anywhere in the world of Diablo 4.
Blightshade is another one of the herbs that are prized by different alchemists alike. It is known for its toxic and aggressive qualities. This herb is found in the area of Hawezar and is used in unlocking items such as the Major Healing Potion, Superior Healing Potion, and the Weak Elixir of Shadow Resistance.
Howler Moss is a herb known for its vital and physical qualities. It is found in the area of Scosglen and is used in elixirs such as the Weak Third Eye, Weak Elixir of Poison Resistance, and the Weak Crushing Resistance. It is also used in potions like the Superior Healing Potion.
Reddamine is a magic-tier herb in Diablo 4 and is coveted by alchemists for its stimulating and energizing properties. It can be found in the area of Dry Steppes and is used in crafting the Weak Elixir of Lightning Resistance, Greater Healing Potion, and multiple other consumable items.
Fiend Rose is a rare-tier herb, and even according to its description, it is an exceptionally hard herb to find. Despite its appearance, it is quite toxic. It can only be found during Helltides, so do not waste the opportunity when it presents itself. It is currently only used for high-tier potions such as the Major Healing Potion and the Superior Healing Potion.
Just like in medieval times, skins of different wildlife are used to upgrade armor pieces, except here, the concept also applies to beasts. The two types of skins that are currently available in the game are Rawhide and Superior Leather.
Rawhide is the most common skin in Diablo 4 and is mostly used for upgrading armor at the Blacksmith. This skin can be obtained after killing random beasts or wildlife in the world of the game.
Superior Leather is a magic tier skin in Diablo 4 and is tougher to obtain compared to Rawhide. It is also used for craft/upgrade armor and can be obtained after slaying various beasts and wildlife in the game.
And that concludes our guide on how to craft in Diablo 4 and all the crafting materials in the game. Being an MMO, the never-ending grind of crafting is bound to keep you occupied for a long time; thus, knowing just how the crafting mechanic works in this game was paramount for having a more worthwhile experience.
In case this is your Diablo game, then do consider reading our beginner guide on this title, in which we will be covering all the different tips and tricks. Of course, having a pet to accompany you in the game can also elevate the experience; we have a How To Get Wolf Pet in Diablo 4 guide as well, in case you are interested.
But that’s all from us; we hope our guide helped you out. Are you enjoying the full game? Let us know in the comment section below.
- Diablo 4: BEST Barbarian Build
- Diablo 4: Best Sorceress Class Build
- Diablo 4: Best Druid Build
- Diablo 4: How To Respec
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍