The “Investigate the Masons Guild” in BG3 is one of the many quests you can initiate when in the Shadow Cursed Lands. It is a part of the Selunite and Shar Lore, making it a fun questline if you’re into learning all the lore in BG3. Furthermore, it is a vital part of the “Investigate the Selunite Resistance” quest line that you may or may not have triggered in Act 2.
What Is “Investigate The Masons Guild” Quest Line
Investigate the Masons Guild BG3 is one of the critical subquests of the “Investigate the Selunite Resistance” questline. It is an integral part of the Shar Vs Selunite lore.
Additionally, it is responsible for uncovering many of the secrets of the Shadow-cursed lands in Act 2 of BG3. Furthermore, it is a fun quest, especially if you’re keen on pursuing Shadowheart romantically.
Start Investigating The Selunite Resistance
To start the “Investigate the Masons Guild” quest in BG3, you must first start the “Investigate the Selunite Resistance” questline as soon as you reach the Shadow-cursed Lands.
- Simply navigate towards the Abandoned Potter’s Workshop (X: -54, Y: 12).
- You must obtain a note from the locked chest within and read it to initiate the quest.
How To Investigate The Masons Guild
To complete the “Investigate the Masons Guild” quest, you must return to where you started the main quest, the Abandoned Potter’s House. However, the completion requires more than just the location. You will need the Tower Shaped Key, protection from the Shadow Curse, and land a few perception checks at certain areas. From personal experience, I would suggest dropping down a save each time you enter a new area.
Follow the steps listed below to navigate the Masons Guild:
- Fast travel or navigate to the Reithwin Town Waypoint and head North towards the Masons Guild.
- Once at the Masons Guild, head inside and look for the Ornate Wooden Hatch (X:-128, Y:26).
- Enter the wooden hatch into the basement and head towards the farthest wall.
- Walk around the middle section and try to pass the perception check for the Tower Shaped Keyhole.
- Head inside and try to unlock the chest in the left corridor.
- If you choose to go for the chest, you need to succeed in the lockpick roll. Otherwise, you will trigger a trap that requires you to pass 3 checks in a row or fight 3 Gargoyles.
- In the next room, prepare yourself for battle against a Wraith and several shadows. I did accidentally burn the Mason’s Log using a fireball so be careful with AoE spells.
- After clearing the room, look for the “Mason’s Log” on the table in the middle of the room.
- Reading it will complete the quest “Investigate the Mason’s Guild” and the “Investigate the Selunite Resistance” quests.
Requirements For The Quest
This section will cover how to obtain some of the requirements listed to complete the quests above. While they are easy to obtain, knowing that you need them is a very vague and cryptic instruction that more than most players miss.
How To Get The Tower-Shaped Key
- If you helped the Tieflings escape in Act 1, you might find most of them located at the Last Light Inn.
- The Tiefling you want to look for is Mattis.
- Mattis is a Tiefling in Mol’s gang and can be found on the ground floor of the Last Light Inn.
- You can either buy it from him for 1000 gold or roll a couple of deception/persuasion checks for him to give you the key in exchange for your heroic services.
Protection From The Shadow Curse
The protection from the Shadow Curse is one of the main tricks in Act 2 that you must decide on yourself. There are many ways to do so, but they will vary on the choices you have made so far in BG3. Personally, I prefer using the Dancing Lights spell until I get to the Last Light Inn so I can get Isobel to bless my party.
You can get protection from the Shadow Curse through these effects:
- Obtain a Pixie’s blessing.
- Use one of the many Moonlanterns you’ll come across.
- Obtain Selune’s blessing via Isobel.
- Use a torch to remain permanently in the light.
BG3 is a game full of lore, and it is one of the best things about it. Naturally, I love discovering all the secrets, especially in the Underdark/Shadow-Cursed Lands. The “Investigate the Masons Guild” BG3 quest also makes its fair share of contribution to not only your riches but also the attitude your companions have towards you. A word of advice: pick up the Masons Logs for more Selunite Resistance quests later in BG3.
Finally, the time has come to conclude the guide on how to Investigate the Masons Guild in Bg3. While you are here, feel free to check out some other Bg3 guides like the Best Paladin Oaths. If that isn’t your style, you can always learn more about how to complete the Dank Crypt Dungeon.
- Baldur’s Gate 3: BEST Quarterstaff
- Baldur’s Gate 3: Find The Missing Shipment Quest
- Baldur’s Gate 3: BEST Amulets
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍