- Baldur’s Gate 3 currently has a Metascore of 97, surpassing Tears of the Kingdom to become the highest-rated game of 2023 on Metacritic.
- The game also broke the barrier to become the 15th highest-rated game of all time, setting itself as one of the top contenders to become 2023’s Game of the Year.
- Metascore is currently based on 14 critic reviews, with over 20 still in progress, so the score can still fluctuate.
- Regardless of the final scoring, Baldur’s Gate 3 has made history by enjoying one of the most successful first weeks we have seen for a video game.
Almost a week after its launch, Baldur’s Gate 3 has surpassed Tears of the Kingdom on Metacritic by receiving a 97 Metascore. The game currently has 14 critic reviews, with over 20 still in progress, so its score can still fluctuate. Nevertheless, the popular RPG has seen incredible success in its first week and did what many believed impossible. It has also become the 15th highest-rated game of all time on Metacritic.
The current Metascore will likely not hold for much longer, as the game has yet to receive a rating from over 20 reviews. But considering the recent trend of Baldur’s Gate 3, it is unlikely to fluctuate too much. It is also important to note that the game’s current reviews are written by professionals, and beating Tears of the Kingdom with those reviews in just a week is not something we should undermine.
Both Tears of the Kingdom and Baldur’s Gate 3 offer players immense freedom in their playthrough. You don’t need to rush the game or follow things to the tee to finish them, and it’s part of the reason why everyone loves these titles. Both these titles have over 200 hours worth of content for perfectionists, and they encourage players to be creative in most situations.
Baldur’s Gate 3’s progress so far has been nothing short of incredible, as almost no one expected it to perform this well, not even the developers. In just 6 hours after release, the game amassed over 470,000 players and had a 96 Metascore yesterday, sharing the throne with the Switch exclusive. Many gamers believe it might perform similarly to Elden Ring and surpass Hogwarts Legacy‘s player peak on Steam within the next week.
Baldur’s Gate 3 has also become the 15th highest-rated game of all time on Metacritic. It currently has the same score as Breath of the Wild, and if it goes beyond 97, the game might become one of the top five game releases of all time on Metacritic. Even if it doesn’t, it can still hold its head high since not many games can boast the series of achievements Baldur’s Gate 3 has achieved in the past week.
- Baldur’s Gate 3 Hotfix #2 Allows You To Give Gnome Sorcerers Their Underwear Back
- Baldur’s Gate 3 Is The Best-Selling Pre-Order On PlayStation Right Now
- Baldur’s Gate 3 Director Hopes To Develop Multiple Games; Next Project Will Be Smaller
Baldur’s Gate 3 is a party-based RPG set in the universe of Dungeons and Dragons. It was developed and published by Larian Studios and is the third game in the main series. The game was released on PC via Steam on August 3, 2023, and is scheduled to release on PlayStation 5 on September 6, 2023. The Xbox release is still yet to receive an official date.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍