- Baldur’s Gate 3 director hopes to develop multiple games in the future.
- But the next project will be much smaller in scale instead of taking six years to develop.
- It is best to take the director’s remarks with a grain of salt. Baldur’s Gate 3 was released to critical acclaim on PC and PlayStation 5. The Xbox Series X and S versions are planned for the future.
Larian Studios has finally launched its flagship Baldur’s Gate 3 project after what felt like eons of early access. But the team is seemingly already planning to develop multiple games. The CEO and the game’s director Swen Vincke appeared in an interview with Bloomberg to discuss how the massive scope of the game was transitioned into an excellent title. He also hopes to brew multiple projects in the future.
As per the report, Swen said he is currently unsure what Larian Studios will do next. He evidently hinted about wanting to work on multiple projects, and his next project will be much smaller in scale. The Baldur’s Gate 3 director stated that he certainly does not want to work on another entry that takes six years to brew perfectly. The dev also discussed the process of developing the RPG and what the experience was like for the studio.
It’s like making a movie — or many movies at the same time. We didn’t expect we’d need a lighting team, or a cinematics QA team or such a large audio team.”
Baldur’s Gate 3 has already proven to be a staggering success. It became one of the few games to sell 2.5 million copies in the early access period only, as stated in the report. The fans fueled the title’s scope by purchasing early access copies. It became the second most-played game on Steam soon after releasing, gathering over 470,000 concurrent players.
- Xbox Series S Makes It Challenging To Develop For Xbox, Says Baldur’s Gate 3 Director.
- Dev Calls Baldur’s Gate 3 An “Anomaly,” Says Developing A Similar Project Can Kill Studios.
- Larian Studios’ Masterful Work On Baldur’s Gate 3 Strengthens The Case For Divinity: Original Sin 3.
All the hype attracted by Baldur’s Gate 3 is making Swen shift around in bed because he is not used to it. “That’s what worries me. I prefer being the underdog.” It is currently unclear what the next multiple projects will entail for Larian Studios. We may learn more about them in the future. Regardless, the hints may not lead anywhere, so we suggest taking the remarks with a pinch of salt.
The highly popular RPG is a hearty Dungeons and Dragons venture with unparalleled character customization and choices at every nook and cranny. It also features playable torture scenes. You can expect to invest over 200 hours to venture through a single playthrough. It arguably has the highest replayability among many other titles of a similar genre, featuring 174 hours of cutscenes and 17,000 possible ending sequences.
Baldur’s Gate 3 is now out on PC and PlayStation 5 with critical acclaim. An Xbox Series X and Series S version is planned for the upcoming months to get the game working correctly on both Xbox consoles.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍