- Baldur’s Gate 3 currently has 96 Metascore, making it the highest-rated game of 2023 on Metacritic, alongside Tears of the Kingdom.
- Based on the user score, the game enjoys a big lead as the best game, followed by Pikmin 4 in second place.
- On OpenCritic, Baldur’s Gate 3 has a 95 rating, making it the best-rated PC game of 2023.
- Considering the game still has many reviews that will eventually give a rating, it has the potential to go even beyond.
Baldur’s Gate 3 is now the highest-rated game of 2023 on Metacritic, alongside Tears of the Kingdom, with a 96 Metascore. The game has a big margin as the best user-rated game of 2023 on the same website. It has a 95 OpenCritic rating, making it the best PC game of 2023 on OpenCritic. The game can go even beyond, considering that many reviews are still in the works and will eventually be added to the total.
Baldur’s Gate 3 has reached unprecedented heights and exceeded the expectations of gamers and developers alike. It started off with a huge bang, gaining over 470,000 concurrent players on Steam within the first 6 hours. Since then, the game has slowly crept up on some of the biggest releases this year. It is close to overthrowing Hogwarts Legacy to become Steam’s biggest launch of 2023.
96 🙇♂️ pic.twitter.com/0hi4FidLo0
— Very AFK (@Cromwelp) August 8, 2023
Its most recent achievement is that it stands alongside Tears of the Kingdom as the highest-rated game of 2023 on Metacritic. However, based on user score, the game sits comfortably on top, with Pikmin 4 following in at second place. More impressively, it is the best PC game on both OpenCritic and Metacritic. It won’t be an exaggeration to consider Baldur’s Gate 3 a strong enough title to compete for the Game of the Year award.
Since the Metascore is based on only 9 critic reviews, there is a high possibility of it increasing even further as there are over 20 reviews still in the works. It is important to note that the rating can go low as well; even so, it is among the most beloved games this year, one of the greatest RPGs of all time and a testament to the years of hard work from developers at Larian Studios.
Moving forward, there are a few titles that are expected to perform as well or even better, some of which include Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 and Starfield. They both are exclusive to their respective consoles and offer completely different gameplay to the players. Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 could be Baldur’s Gate 3’s next competition, as the latter is scheduled to release on PlayStation 5 on September 6, 2023.
- Baldur’s Gate 3 Is The Best-Selling Pre-Order On PlayStation Right Now
- Baldur’s Gate 3 Hotfix #2 Allows You To Give Gnome Sorcerers Their Underwear Back
- Baldur’s Gate 3 Is Now Officially Steam Deck Verified
Baldur’s Gate 3 was released on Windows via Steam on August 3, 2023. It is the third main game in the series and was developed and published by Larian Studios. The RPG is based on the Dungeons and Dragons tabletop role-playing system.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍