- Baldur’s Gate 3 is 2023’s Game of the Year and a highly refined turn-based RPG.
- The game has just received its fifteenth hotfix following its initial launch back in August for PC.
- The new update brings an array of fixes for in-game crashes and progress blockers.
Indie developer Larian Studios has now pushed out Hotfix 15 for Baldur’s Gate 3, a new update that focuses on removing certain bugs and progress blockers while addressing crashes and other gameplay issues. Players previously reported a glitch with NPC faces not loading in the right manner; as per the uploaded patch notes, this has been resolved for the better as well.
Just like last time, Larian advises folks to keep heading over to the Support page on their official website to submit tickets whenever they come across an issue. That way, the developer can prioritize the fix if multiple people corroborate the existence of the same problem. As for the patch notes of Hotfix 15, here’s what Larian has to say about a recent glitch that concerns mod usage.
This hotfix also addresses an issue that was preventing players from loading a save if the mods used had changed. Bear in mind some saves might still not load depending on the mods that have changed, but the menu should now let you continue. Japanese language is now available for PC on Steam and PS5 (in Japan only). We continue to work to bring it to other platforms!”
This was a beefy new update for the game, so you should scour through the full patch notes for all the details. From what I can tell, focus was expanded on crashes and progress blockers, but that doesn’t mean Larian has left out changes and adjustments in other departments as well, specifically performance, multiplayer, and overall flow.
- Fixed an issue related to lava bubbles near the Sentient Amulet in Grymforge causing savegames to become very large.
- Fixed a memory issue when closing containers on controller.
- Fixed the Low Model Quality option sometimes not working as expected.
- Fixed the Traveller’s Chests sometimes disappearing when changing to or from Honour Mode in the Multiplayer Settings.
- The ‘Deal with the Devil’ quest now accounts for different outcomes in the Epilogue.
On a side note, Baldur’s Gate 3 seems to be enjoying a discount on Steam too at the moment, so if you’re thinking about pulling the trigger, go ahead. After all, the title was crowned Game of the Year during The Game Awards this year—surely you can’t go wrong here, can you? Get it for about 10% off on Steam for $26.99. Not bad.
Related Content to Check Out:
- Larian CEO Underestimated Baldur’s Gate 3 At The Golden Joystick Awards
- Baldur’s Gate 3 In Japan To Feature Censorship For Adult Content
- Baldur’s Gate 3 Patch 5 Arriving This Week; Will Fix Slowdown Bug And More
Although Baldur’s Gate 3 has been out in early access since 2020, this masterclass of a title was fully released in August 2023 for PC. Then, on September 6, a PlayStation 5 port arrived, and earlier in December, the Xbox Series X|S version dropped as well. eXputer reviewed the game and rated it 5/5, thereby highlighting its incredible world-building, fantastic combat, and excellent narrative.
If you’re just getting started with the RPG, here are the best early game team compositions in Baldur’s Gate 3 to look out for. In addition, our dedicated best classes tier list should steer you in the right direction for creating a build that suits your preferences the best.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍