Many players have encountered the issue of the controller not working while playing Lies of P on PC. It is a very common glitch on Steam and PC that players with DS4 Windows are facing with their PS5 or PS4 controllers. If you are also one of the players using controllers instead of keyboard and mouse to play, then you might come across the Lies of P controller not working issue. Fortunately, there are a lot of easy fixes for the error.
How To Change Controller Settings In Steam?
- Launch Steam.
- Select Setting.
- Open the General Controller Settings on Steam by clicking on the Controller Tab Option.
- Change Controller Configuration and check Controller Support.
Check Controller Detection In Steam
It is also important to see if your controller is being detected in Steam.
- Click on the Controller Tab option again.
- Make sure that your controller is connected.
- If it is connected, it will appear under the Controller section.
Enable Steam Input
The next fix involves enabling steam input.
- Open Lies of P on Steam and select Properties.
- Click on the Controller Tab option.
- Select the Use Default Settings option.
- Click on Enable Steam Input and launch Lies of P again.
Lies of P controller not working might also occur for players using the Game Pass. You can try installing DS4 to fix it and see if the problem is fixed.
You can also try other community programs to help the controllers become compatible with any programs. Therefore, if you are playing Lies of P via the game pass, then you might want to install DS4 or other community programs to fix the controller not working error.
The fix involves enabling steam overlay for Lies of P.
- Click on Lies of P and open the Properties.
- From the drop-down menu, you need to select the General tab.
- Here, you will get the option to Enable Steam Overlay.
Launching In Window Mode
The last fix involves launching Lies of P in windowed mode. Most of the time, the controller not working error happens due to full-screen mode.
After that, you need to perform the following steps to see if the controller not working error is due to the window mode.
- Open the File Manager and open the Lies of P game folder.
- Click on the config.ini file.
- After selecting it, you need to click on the Open With option.
- Choose Notepad to view the file and edit it as well.
- Find the [window] option, and you can use the CTRL+ F shortcut to do that.
- Change the value from yes to no next to the [window] option.
- Save the changes to your file by pressing CTRL+ S.
- Run Lies of P again to see if the controller is working now or not.
Other Possible Solutions
If none of the aforementioned fixes work, you can try the following:
- Check the controller port.
- Remove all the devices and check again to see if the controller works.
- Plug the devices one by one to see which one is causing complications.
With this, I conclude my detailed guide on Lies of P controller not working error on PC and all the possible fixes you can use. While at it, don’t forget to read the guide on all the stats in Lies Of P.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍