Lords of the Fallen is filled with unique weapons and spells that can aid the players in their journey. One such weapon that you can acquire early on in Lords of the Fallen is Bloodlust. It is a shortsword with a unique healing ability. For every foe you slay, a portion of your health will be restored, making it one of the best early-game weapons.
What Is Bloodlust In Lords of the FallenBloodlust is a shortsword that heals the player for every enemy slain in Lords of the Fallen.
It can be picked up from a chest after defeating the Crimson Rector Percival in Filtzroy’s Gorge. It offers great stats for an early-game weapon and inflicts blood and fire damage too, making it an easy recommendation for those who want a good early-game shortsword.
Location of Bloodlust
- Warp to Vestige of the Pale Butcher in Shuja Hamlet, Forsaken Fen.
- Follow the path blocked by wooden barrels.
- Destroy the barrels with your weapon.
- Go forward until you reach a giant wooden doorway.
- Enter the doorway and follow the wooden walkway until you reach a ladder.
- On your left, you’ll see a path that leads to the caverns.
- Explore the caverns until you come across the steel door.
- Use your lamp to reveal the path forward.
- Once that’s done, use the path to exit the caves.
- Before moving forward, I recommend planting a Vestige on the flower bed.
- Now, follow the linear path until you reach a crossroads.
- Take the path to the left. Be cautious of the hounds and humanoid enemies.
- This path will take you to a cliff where a turf war is happening.
- Run past the enemies and enter the castle.
- Once you enter the castle, you’ll be forced into a boss fight with Crimson Rector Percival.
- After defeating the boss, you can pick up the weapon from the chest located in the area.
Crimson Rector Percival BossfightCrimson Rector Percival is a relatively simple boss that can transform into a tough encounter if you don’t know how to counter him correctly. He has AoE attacks, fast but delayed melee swings, and Radiance buffs to inflict Smite damage.
To beat Crimson Rector Percival and obtain Bloodlust in Lords of the Fallen:
- My first tip would be to parry his attacks.
- Most of his attacks are comprised of melee swings and strikes, which can be parried easily if timed correctly.
- Relying on dodge makes it difficult to hit him during his attack animations.
- During the encounter, he also buffs his sword with radiance, which deals AoE damage.
- Make sure to watch out for his ghost Specter attacks, which he telegraphs by stepping backward.
- By far, the most devastating move in his kit is his guard stance.
- After Crimson Recter, Percival goes into this state, hit him with ranged attacks, or do not engage him at all.
- If by chance you die and go into the Umbral Realm, take out the Umbram Parasites for additional stagger damage.
- My recommendation would be a spear or dagger for parrying.
Bloodlust Stats & Details
- The moveset of Bloodlust is not any different from a standard shortswords
- It is comprised of 4-5 light melee swings and 2 heavy swings
- The unique property of this weapon is that it restores a portion of your health for every enemy you take down.
- Since it’s a shortsword, you’ll have to be much closer to enemies to land any attacks.
My Experience With Bloodlust
While I don’t personally use shorthand weapons or daggers in soul-like games, I can definitely see the appeal of Bloodlust weapon in Lords of the Fallen. Healing while exploring can be a big problem, especially when you want to see every nook and cranny. Lords of the Fallen is filled with hordes of tough enemies, and recovering a portion of your health every time you take one down can be a huge time and life saver.
This concludes my guide on Bloodlust in Lords of the Fallen. For more on weapons, I recommend checking out the best strength weapons in Lords of the Fallen guide by Obaid. Additionally, check eXputer’s Lords of the Fallen review written by our expert, Haris Umer.
- Lords Of The Fallen: How To Unlock All Secret Classes
- Lords of the Fallen: THE BEST Udirangr Warwolf Build
- Lords of the Fallen: Best Hallowed Knight Build
- Lords of the Fallen: How To Parry
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍