While playing Lords of the Fallen, you will often see red lanterns with butterflies flying right beside them. The Lords of the Fallen Red Lantern plays a vital role in Lords of the Fallen and can provide you with some extra XP and loot if you are looking for it. This mechanic adds an interesting layer to the multiplayer mode that Lords of the Fallen offers.
What Do The Red Lanterns Do In Lords of the FallenThe spot where you locate the red lantern is the exact spot where another player died, and you can try to avenge him for XP/Vigor and loot.
The lantern has a set timer, so make sure as soon as you see it, interact with it. Players can interact with the lantern by soulflaying it. Furthermore, when you interact with the red lantern, more butterflies spawn, and they will lead you to the enemy that killed the player. Now, all you have to do is avenge him by killing this enemy. You will be rewarded with XP and loot.
How To Interact With The Red Lanterns
- Find the red lanterns, normally spread throughout the map and can mostly be found in areas where there are tough enemies and bosses.
- To activate the lanterns, use your umbral lantern to activate soulflay. Doing so will lead more butterflies to spawn. They will lead you to the enemy.
- Next, follow the red butterflies up to the enemy, defeat him, and avenge the death of the player.
- However, be careful since if one player has died from this enemy, the enemy can be hard to beat.
Do note that it is not necessary to interact with these lanterns since you will probably see them multiple times. But if you are looking for some XP or some good loot, they are a must-use. Also, these red lanterns reward you with Plucked Eyeballs.
My Experience With Red Lanterns
After spending 15+ hours in Lords of the Fallen, I think that the red lanterns are a key item that you should know about. The satisfaction they provide of avenging a dead player is an amazing feeling. The XP boost and loot are just the cherry on top. Therefore, if you have time to spare and see the red lanterns anywhere, then I would recommend you interact with them. It is a win-win situation.
Furthermore, for more on Lords of the Fallen discussions, you can check out this general page for Lords of the Fallen on Steam Community.
And with that, my Lords of the Fallen Red Lantern guide comes to an end. Here, you were informed on everything related to Red Lanterns in Lords of the Fallen. Other than that, if you have anything to add, you can do so through the comment section down below.
- Lords Of The Fallen: Best Place To Farm XP
- Lords Of The Fallen: How To Unlock All Secret Classes
- Lords of the Fallen: Best Strength Weapon
- Lords of the Fallen: THE BEST Udirangr Warwolf Build
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍