The PSI King’s Sensorium mental world in Psychonauts 2 is a true feast for the senses with its color-splashed levels and psychedelic visuals, which is what makes finding the Emotional Baggage collectible locations here so much more engaging. The level explores the once-lively psyche of the mysterious persona known initially only as the PSI King.
However, as players progress through the mental world, they begin to unravel a long-forgotten mystery that connects deeply with the main story. With so much going on, we wouldn’t blame you for getting invested. But remember – we’re here for all the Emotional Baggage that this Psychonauts 2 level has to offer!
This order does mean, though, that not all Emotional Baggage collectibles in PSI King’s Sensorium can be secured on the first playthrough.
Emotional Baggage in PSI King’s Sensorium
|The Hat Box
|The Eye Shrine
|The Nose Mouth Shrine
|Ear Hand Shrine
|The Duffle Bag
|The Eye Shrine
The level contains all five of the Emotional Baggage collectibles found in Psychonauts 2. We will go through the locations of each of the Emotional Baggage in the order that you are likely to come across them.
This is the first tag you can get in the level.
- Initial Location: After meeting Vision Quest and arriving on a stage with a chaotic crowd, head to the Backstage area. In a small clearing with colorful foliage and figments, look to the right end. You’ll see two white trailer homes in front of purple banners. The Purse tag is on the roof of the left trailer.
- Later Location: During your mission to locate other band members, you’ll encounter the Purse again while exploring the Concessions area in search of Tasty and Sniffles. Follow the path forward, which includes walking on the candy tightrope, swinging across the first branch, and crossing the spinning star platform after using the Time Bubble to slow it down. Eventually, you’ll reach a tall tower with a canopy roof. Look down to the right, and you’ll see a short passage. Climb or glide your way down, and you’ll find the Purse at the end, in front of a large fence and white stone wall.
The Hat Box
The next Emotional Baggage collectible you’ll come across in PSI King’s Sensorium will be the Hat Box.
Eye Shrine Location:
- Head to the Eye Shrine area, where you’re searching for Vision’s violin.
- In an expansive area with prisms and rainbow bridges, make your way toward the fourth prism.
- Walk across two tightropes and jump through two spinning fans.
- You’ll encounter scaffolding blocking your path. To bypass this, jump onto a wooden platform to the right through another spinning fan.
- On this platform, look for a colorful poster on the wall of speakers that reads “Live at the Sensorium.”
- Use Pyrokinesis to burn down the poster, revealing the Hat Box tag in the space behind it. You can also spot it further down the path to the spotlight.
Hat Box Bag Location (in the Woods):
- While searching for Dr. Touch and Audie-O, start from the beginning and follow the path ahead as it curves left.
- You’ll reach a junction with two signposts featuring eyes.
- Look to your left, where you’ll find a campsite.
- The Hat Box Emotional Baggage will be sitting between the tents.
To find the Suitcase Emotional Baggage collectible:
- Tag Location: After obtaining the Hat Box in the Woods and crossing the river, you’ll encounter a vertical space between two cliff faces. Wall jump upwards and take the path to the right. As you follow the path around the mountainside, you’ll spot the Suitcase tag bouncing at the end.
- Suitcase Location: Return to the Backstage area, and from the wooden stage facing the backstage clearing, head down the left ramp. Go beneath the ramp to find a narrow passageway leading under the stage. Follow it, and you’ll discover the Suitcase sitting on some wooden crates.
You can find the Steamer Trunk Emotional Baggage collectibles in PSI King’s Sensorium in the Nose Mouth Shrine and Ear Hand Shrine. Depending on your exploration order, you can collect it on your first or second playthrough.
In the Nose Mouth Shrine, while on your way to shine the spotlight on the second prism, you’ll spot the Steamer Trunk tag along a winding wooden platform.
In the Ear Hand Shrine, as you search for Dr. Touch and Audie-O’s instruments, reach the second prism that unlocks a rainbow bridge to a large floating platform. Before moving forward, look to the right, where you’ll find the Steamer Trunk nestled among some flowers. Jump over to reunite it with its tag.
Similar Articles: Emotional Baggage Locations in Cassie’s Collection
The Duffle Bag
The Duffle Bag is the last piece of Emotional Baggage we’ll be sorting out in this Psychonauts 2 guide. This is because it can only be completely secured on a revisit to the PSI King’s Sensorium, owing to the order in which you come across the tag and the bag on your first run. Therefore, once you’ve cleared this mental world, take a trip back through the Collective Unconsciousness.
You’ll be able to collect the tag on your first playthrough in the Concessions area. At the starting location, look right where you’ll see the Feel Mobile. Just past this, behind some colorful foliage, lies the Duffle Bag tag.
The bag is hidden in the Eye Shrine, which you need to revisit during your second run. Once you reach the fourth prism with the emanating Rainbow bridge, Raz will exclaim on hearing some Emotional Baggage nearby. Go below the prism, and you should spot the Duffle Bag hidden in a stack of instrument cases.
With that, you’ve secured every piece of Emotional Baggage that Psychonauts 2 offers within the mind-bending location that is PSI King’s Sensorium! Were you as awestruck by this piece of brilliant art design as we were? Or did you prefer the more muted art style of levels such as Hollis’ Classroom? Let us know in the comments below. And if you haven’t already, you may want to check out our guide on fixing the funicular in the Questionable Area!
Moreover, to continue your quest for Emotional Baggage, take a look at our guide on Strike City!
FAQs - Emotional Baggage in PSI King's Sensorium
This level houses all five pieces of Emotional Baggage offered in Psychonauts 2. They are the Purse, the Hat Box, the Suitcase, the Steamer Trunk and the Duffle Bag.
This mental world is one of the largest ones in the game, and has multiple sub-levels for players to explore. These include the starting Backstage, the Eye Shrine, the Concessions that lead to the Nose Mouth Shrine, and the Woods that lead to the Ear Hand Shrine.
The Backstage area has the Purse tag and the Suitcase. The Concessions area has the Purse and the Duffle Bag tag. The Woods area has the Hat Box and the Suitcase tag. The Eye Shrine has the Hat Box tag and the Duffle bag. The Nose Mouth Shrine has the Steamer Trunk tag. Lastly, the Ear Hand Shrine has the Steamer Trunk.
No. You’ll encounter the Duffle Bag before you get its tag, which is why you’ll need to revisit the level to completely sort out this piece of Emotional Baggage.
To replay the level, visit the Collective Unconsciousness through the Brain Tumbler found in Sasha’s office. Once you’re in, go towards the green door for PSI King’s Sensorium.
Emotional Baggage are collectible items that reward you for exploration and encourage you to visit new areas. They reward you by helping level up your Intern Rank.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍