Battle Royale games always demand perfection in every possible aspect. Competing with 150 players in the Al-Mazrah map on Warzone 2 compels everyone to re-consider their Aim-Assist settings.
- Aim Assist settings are for controller users.
- There are two types of aim assist settings; Advanced and Controller settings.
- Always set the sensitivity to the highest point until it starts getting harder to control the movement.
- Set the Input Deadzone to the lowest points.
- Gyro is mostly unused in everyone’s case, so, keep it off.
- Dynamic setting in Aim Response Curve Type along with Black Ops Aim Assist Type is responsible for enabling. Rotational Aim Assist.
Call Of Duty Warzone 2 supports crossplay gaming. This fundamentally means that PC players can play with console players simultaneously on the same map. Since PC players have a slight edge over console players because of the keyboard and infinite movement of the mouse, the developers have provided the controller players with aim assist settings.
Advanced: Best Aim Assist Settings
Navigate to ‘Settings’ on the top right section of the screen. Click on ‘Controller’ to open the controller settings. You will be able to see two types of settings on the top; Controller and Advanced. Advanced Settings will be discussed below.
Aim assist or any other setting is a matter of personal preference. However, we will list the settings on a basis of what the majority prefers. And most likely, these settings will work for you as well. If in case, you don’t find them fulfilling your requirements, you can always tweak them a bit. The settings are as follows:
- Target Aim Assist: On
- Aim Assist Type: Black Ops
- ADS Aim Assist: On
Gyro is a sensor that senses the movement of your controller and points in the game accordingly. If you move your controller up, the crosshair will go up. Now, if you want this setting on, you can set them according to yourself.
Almost all of the players prefer the gyro to be turned off. So, we recommend turning all the options off.
- Aim Response Curve Type: Dynamic
- ADS Sens. Multiplier Focus: 1.00
- ADS Sensitivity Transition Timing: Instant
- Custom Sensitivity Per Zoom: Off
- Left Stick Min: 0.06
- Right Stick Min: 0.05
- Left Stick Max: 0.99
- Right Stick Max: 0.99
- Left Trigger: 0.00
- Right Trigger: 0.00
Controller: Aim Assist Settings
However, the controller players have some controller settings as well. The settings are given below and are applicable for controllers attached to the PC as well.
- Edit Button Layout: Tactical
- Flip: Off
- Stick Layout Preset: Default
- Controller Vibration: On
- Vibration Intensity: 0.75
- Trigger Effect: On/Off (depends on you)
Aiming (Controller settings)
- Horizontal Stick Sensitivity: 6
- Vertical Stick Sensitivity: 6
- ADS Sensitivity Multiplier: 0.85
- Sensitivity Multiplier
- Third Person Sensitivity Multiplier: 1.00
- Ground Vehicle Sensitivity Multiplier: 1.00
- Air Vehicle Sensitivity Multiplier: 1.00
- Tablet Sensitivity Multiplier: 1.00
- Aim Down Sight Behavior: Hold
- Change Zoom Shared Input: Sprint/Tactical Sprint/Focus
- Automatic Sprint: Automatic Tactical Sprint
- Equipment Behavior: Hold
- Weapon Mount Activation: ADS + Melee
- Interact/Reload Behavior: Prioritize Interact
- Armor Plate Behavior: Apply All
Warzone 2: Aim Assist Settings Explained
We have mentioned the best aim assist settings in Warzone 2 above but they are not ideal in everyone’s case. So, you need to know what these settings account for in the real game. So, you will be in a better position to make alterations to these.
We will now explain the most important settings below so that you can see what suits you the most.
What is Aim Assist Type In Advanced Controller Settings?
There are four types of aim assists in advanced settings:
- Default: It is a traditional slowdown of aiming when target is closer. This is common in almost every Modern Warfare game.
- Precision: This slows down the aiming strongly. It only does this when an enemy is in close range. This quite handy for players that love accuracy.
- Focusing: This setting is good for someone who is newer to analog stick aiming. This setting slows the aiming down when you are missing the target narrowly.
- Black Ops: This aim slow down mechanism works in all Black Ops games and is considered as a traditional way of aim slowdown.
Now, the Default setting works just fine but Black Ops is most suitable. It slows down the aim when you are nearer to the target and makes it way easier to connect the shots. Moreover, rotational aim assist works best in the Black Ops setting, we will discuss rotational aim assist in a while.
(Advanced) Aim Response Curve Type Explained
This setting means the response of your game against the movement of the analog stick. In the Standard setting, the game automatically filters the accidental movement of your analog. For an instance, if you accidentally jerk your stick to the left or the right, the screen will stay still, providing you with the best experience.
The Linear setting is of no use. It will replicate all the movements of your stick to the aim.
However, we prefer a Dynamic setting. What it does is that it moves the aim faster the longer you move the stick. It will help you to point at enemies more swiftly when in close range. It slows down the movement when you release the stick making it easier for you to connect those ending shots. Isn’t this an ideal setting for everyone?
Meaning of Input Deadzone?
Deadzone is the minimal area in which you can move your analog stick without registering its movement. So, in a nutshell, the lower the deadzones are, the deadlier you will be. That is why we have kept them as low as possible. Tweak them according to your taste although there is not so much need to do so.
Reducing them gradually will improve your game a lot and this will enhance your aim as well. The precision is increased in this way.
How You Should Select Button Layout?
In controller input settings, you will find an edit button layout option on the top. You can customize the button layout too. If you are using a controller with extra paddles then it is advised to select the Custom setting. So you can utilize the extra paddles the most.
However, if you are a traditional controller user, use the Tactical setting. With this setting, crouching, diving, and sliding are all mapped to the right analog stick. With this, you will lift your thumb off the stick the least. Hence, the mobility magically increases and you can pull off the vital drop shots more accurately.
Sensitivity simply means how sensitive is your controller. With increased sensitivity, even the smallest movement on the stick will register and move the aim. Sensitivity also increases the speed of your gameplay. Your reflexes are faster than ever.
However, you can only increase the sensitivity to a certain point before it starts getting out of control. If you increase it a lot, you won’t be able to handle your movements. It will require a ton of practice to handle more sensitivity.We have recommended setting the sensitivity to 6 on both vertical and horizontal movement of controller sticks. The reason is that 6 is not too slow and not too fast. You should set the sensitivity to 4 and then play against the bots to check if you are okay with the sensitivity. Then increase it to 5 and play a couple of games and then increase it even further.
With this practice, you will have an increased sensitivity without noticing a notable change. You can go even further than 6 if you want to.
Rotational Aim Assist
To enable the Rotational Aim Assist, set the Aim Response Curve Type in advanced controller settings to Dynamic and set the Aim Assist Type to Black Ops.
Rotational Aim Assist will make your life a lot easier. You just need to move your left stick and move the right stick with very little or no movement at all, and the target will automatically be detected. This feature puts the controller users at an advantage as they do not have to grind to locate the enemies. The aim assist just does that for them.
This comes in very handy, especially in close-range combats. Just put your fingers on the trigger and don’t worry about the aim. Most of your shots will connect.
Call Of Duty Warzone 2 is one of the most competitive Battle Royale games. Standing out among 150 players in the Al-Mazrah is not a piece of cake. If you are a console player or using a controller with a PC, there is no chance for you to beat the keyboard and mouse players without enabling the aim assist settings.
To ensure fair play, Activision has only provided the aim assist settings to the controller players. However, the rotational aim assist is something because of what the PC players are pissed off. The aim assist is like a magic pill that will automatically improve your gameplay.
Even though the settings we mentioned above are based on what we found the best and what the majority found the best, you can modify them as you like. This is everything you need to know about the best aim assist setting in COD Warzone 2.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍