In Starfield, armor is crucial for survival and dominance. While several suits stand out, from the rare Starborn Spacesuit Avitus to the sleek Va’ruun armor, the Bounty Hunter and UC Security Spacesuits offer impressive balance, making them some of the game’s top choices for both combat and exploration. Let’s now check out the Best Armor Sets in Starfield!
- Why Trust Us: Daniyal has spent more than 230 hours in Starfield, making his guides trustworthy!
Starfield Best Armor Sets
Here is a comparison between the Starfield best armor sets. The table showcases PHYS, ENGY, EM, Thermal, Corrosive, Airborne, Radiation, Mass, and Value stats in the game:
|10||UC Security Spacesuit||80||48||64||0||15||30||15||7.4||6235|
|9||Bounty Hunter Spacesuit||128||132||136||15||15||15||15||20.9||20780|
|4||Gran-Gran’s Marine Armor||76||60||68||35||20||10||15||8.14||6858|
|3||Mark 1 Constellation||120||136||128||20||0||30||10||7.5||35410|
|1||Starborn Spacesuit Avitus||235||235||235||50||50||50||50||17.40||67025|
10. UC Security Spacesuit
The UC Security Spacesuit in Starfield can be purchased from Aito Suzuki in the Ryujin Tower lobby, offering players diverse resistance stats vital for the “Access is Key” Faction mission.
- The UC Security Spacesuit claims its position as a highly valued armor for its balanced resistance.
- It offers players a tactical edge with a range of resistances.
- Boasting 80 in PHYS, 48 in ENGY, and 64 in EM, it establishes itself as a reliable choice in various combat situations in Starfield.
Additionally, its multi-environmental resistance, including 15 for Corrosive and Radiation and 30 for Airborne, makes it adaptable to different hazardous conditions.
With a weight of just 7.4 units and a value of 6235, I truly believe it’s a lucrative investment for any interstellar adventurer. All in all, the UC Security Spacesuit isn’t just a protective garment; it’s a game-changer for those seeking both combat readiness and environmental adaptability.
9. Bounty Hunter Spacesuit
The Bounty Hunter Spacesuit in Starfield is a balanced armor piece strategically located in the Mantis’ Lair during the quest.
Often concealed and overlooked, it boasts commendable resistance ratings.
- The Bounty Hunter Spacesuit shines as one of Starfield’s most well-rounded defensive equipment.
- Unlike many armors, it offers an admirable equilibrium of damage and environmental resistance.
- Its impressive resistances of 128 for PHY, 132 for ENGY, and 136 for EM position it as a combat juggernaut.
Moreover, it stands out in exploration scenarios, offering a robust 15 resistance across all four environmental categories.
Furthermore, its mass is tactically advantageous on low-gravity planets. Especially in boarding combats or close-quarter battles, the Bounty Hunter Spacesuit is not just protective armor; it’s a strategic advantage.
8. Va’ruun Spacesuit
The Va’ruun Spacesuit in Starfield is a visually stunning piece of gear associated with the reclusive and enigmatic race, the Va’ruun.
These suits are worn by members of a deep-space-dwelling cult who venerate the Great Serpent.
- Though the Starfield universe boasts many unique armors, the Va’ruun Spacesuit stands apart.
- Donned by the rare Va’ruun occultists in Starfield, these spacesuits offer balanced protection in combat.
- Their medium-quality damage resistance is complimented by an all-encompassing environmental shield, making them versatile for various challenges.
The true allure of Va’ruun Spacesuit armor in Starfield, beyond its aesthetics, lies in its rarity and the adventure it prompts.
To obtain Va’ruun Spacesuit in Starfield, players must traverse various star systems, encountering and defeating Va’ruun warriors in space. Securing the Va’ruun Spacesuit isn’t just about enhancing your character’s stats, it’s a symbol of one’s dedication to exploration and conquest.
7. Mercury Spacesuit
The Mercury Spacesuit in Starfield is an iconic blend of last century’s sci-fi aesthetic, featuring a round helmet paired with a tinfoil texture reminiscent of nostalgic childhood adventures.
- Hidden away in the Nova Galactic Base on Earth, its acquisition requires the navigation of the intricate “Unearthed” questline.
- Upon landing in what was once Florida, players venture to a haunting NASA landmark to uncover this piece of retro sci-fi armor.
Mercury Spacesuit is a late-game behemoth, boasting damage resistance upwards of 90, coupled with 25 protection from environmental hazards.
The Mercury Spacesuit is really tough to get, but once you finally get it, it becomes a suit that keeps you safe and looks amazing. It’s known as one of the best armor sets in Starfield.
6. Monster Costume
Monster Costume in Starfield is a unique full-alien outfit acquired on Titan by completing the “Tourists Go Home” mission with Dr. Guiliana Lakota.
It’s iconic for its ability to scare tourists in the void of space.
- The Monster Costume is another great choice in Starfield, not for its practical utility but for its uniqueness.
- While offering no environmental protection, its aesthetic appeal is undeniable.
- With stats like 50 Phys, 50 Engy, and 50 EM, it replaces the Space Suit, Pack, and Helmet, drawing remarks from NPCs on its intimidating look.
Located in New Homestead, a living museum in space, the journey to get this armor is as memorable as its design in Starfield.
5. Mantis Armor
Mantis refers to a coveted armor set obtained by completing a challenging puzzle in the Lair of the Mantis on planet Denebola I-B.
The Mantis Armor is arguably the best suit in Starfield for multiple reasons.
- First and foremost, it’s a free, legendary armor set accessible early, provided players can navigate the level 30 system of Denebola.
- As players venture through the galaxy and clash with spacers, a hint leading them to the secret base housing the Mantis Armor becomes available.
- Upon discovery, players encounter the Mantis quest and, upon completion, are rewarded with the Mantis armor set.
Not only does the Mantis Armor boast impressive resistances, but it’s also endowed with legendary perks. These perks, while random, can be strategically re-rolled by players saving just before entering the Lair, enabling them to fine-tune their armor’s attributes to perfection. The combination of its inherent capabilities and the potential for customization sets the Mantis Armor apart.
4. Gran-Gran’s Marine Armor
Gran-Gran’s Marine Armor in Starfield is an exclusive, upgraded UC Marine suit boasting enhanced damage resistance, gifted to players who opt for the Kid Stuff trait during character creation.
- The true value of Gran-Gran’s Marine Armor lies not only in its superior damage resistance but also in its innate value as a keepsake from Starfield’s personal narrative.
- Acquiring Gran-Gran’s Marine Armor involves an emotional journey with the player’s in-game parents, making it an item of sentimental significance.
Although Gran-Gran’s Marine Armor lacks legendary perks, this absence becomes its strength as it allows for extensive modding, catering to diverse playstyles.
Its ease of accessibility, via following the parent-centered storyline, combined with its solid base attributes, makes it a top choice for players. Furthermore, the potential for enhancement through the Spacesuit Workbench ensures its adaptability, making it both a practical and sentimental favorite in Starfield.
3. Mark 1 Constellation
The Mark 1 Constellation Armor in Starfield is a sleek, high-quality suit found in the Constellation headquarters in New Atlantis, recognized for its superior early-game resistances across physical, energy, and electromagnetic domains.
- Its aesthetic, aligning with Starfield’s NASA-style theme, makes it a sought-after choice.
- From a functional standpoint, its substantial early and mid-game resistances are unparalleled.
- Although devoid of innate legendary perks, its design welcomes extensive modding, making it a versatile platform for players to tailor according to their progression.
Retrieving Mark 1 Constellation armor requires a combination of narrative progression, namely completing the “One Small Step” quest in Starfield and the prowess in security skills, highlighting its exclusivity.
While at a glance, the Mark 1 may seem like a mere prototype with no evident modifications, its true strength lies in its potential. With the capability to embed potent mods, players can augment damage resistance, enhance melee capabilities, or even improve stealth. In essence, the Mark 1 Constellation Armor not only serves as a testament to the player’s advancement but also as a canvas for individualized gameplay strategies.
- More like this: Best Starting Skills in Starfield
2. Shocktroop Armor
The Shocktroop Armor is Bethesda’s nod to the ODST suits from “Halo,” offering an early-game upgrade with enhanced resistance, particularly against extreme temperatures.
- Arguably one of the Starfield best armor based on aesthetics, the Shocktroop Armor channels the iconic design of Halo’s ODST combat suits, making it a treat for fans of the genre.
Boasting improved stats over the Constellation set, it serves as a tangible representation of progression. Positioned in the Commercial District of New Atlantis, the Outland shop offers this armor as a testament to your early achievements.
Shocktroop Armor’s forte is its formidable resistance against harsh temperatures, a trait that’s invaluable during initial explorations. The heightened defense facilitates smoother combat and expedites storyline progression.
1. Starborn Spacesuit Avitus
The Starborn Spacesuit Avitus in Starfield is a coveted reward, attainable after eight New Game Plus playthroughs, and accompanies the Starborn Guardian VI Spaceship.
Starfield is a game of exploration, challenge, and rewards, and among those rewards, the Starborn Spacesuit Avitus stands tall as an emblem of perseverance and dedication.
Each new variant of the Starborn Spacesuit, and the Avitus, in its glory, boasts impeccable stats across the board: from physical to energy, electromagnetic, and even thermal resistances. Its rarity is only eclipsed by its power, making it the zenith of Starfield armor.
There are 10 Starborn variants in total, each more impressive than the last. The pinnacle of protection, it’s the epitome of what Starfield rewards its dedicated players with.
To sum it up, venturing into the cosmos in Starfield requires the right gear. From the aesthetics of the Va’ruun to the sheer resilience of the Bounty Hunter armour, players have many choices. Yet, regardless of aesthetics or acquisition challenges, the most critical aspect is finding the armor that aligns with your playstyle and journey.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍