Tears of the Kingdom features many cretins from its predecessor, and an eye-catching one is the Sunset Firefly. These glowing, bright green creatures can be found flying about around the map. An interesting thing about these pesky creatures is that they can be very tricky to catch with all those swift movements. This guide will be talking about how to catch the Sunset Fireflies Tears of the Kingdom, so don’t skip!
These fireflies can see an approaching person a mile away, thus making catching them a difficult task. This is because they fly away whenever someone gets close to them. Make sure you are extremely careful on your quest to capture these fireflies.
Locating Sunset Fireflies
Finding Sunset Fireflies Tears of the Kingdom is quite an easy task. There is no one specific spot where they appear, and they can be found almost everywhere around Hyrule. Visiting lakes and any wooden areas, you might see a large quantity of Sunset Fireflies.
- Sunset Fireflies are nocturnal insects, so to find them, you will have to scavenge through the night.
- They appear between the time of 9 PM to 5 AM.
- Thankfully, you can change the time in Tears of the Kingdom by resting, so your sleep schedule will remain intact.
Catching Sunset Fireflies
Sunset Fireflies Tears of the Kingdom are triggered and fly away when they hear someone approaching them. To avoid this, you must be as discrete and quiet as possible. In order to do this, press the left joystick and crouch before making your way to a Sunset Firefly after spotting it. Crouching will allow Link to move quietly, hence, not being spotted by the Firefly.
Once in close enough proximity, which is when the Take button appears on the screen, press the Take button. This will capture the Sunset Firefly.
Increase Chances To Catch Sunset Fireflies
In catching these insects, you have to be as discrete as possible, and sometimes crouching does not cut it. Below are a couple of possible ways will reduce the noise Link makes while moving. Using these will surely increase your chances of catching a Sunset Firefly Tears of the Kingdom.
- Stealth Set Armour: This armor is available to purchase in Kakariko Village, and even though it does not offer much help for defense, it is mighty helpful when you need Link to be stealthy and quick at the same time.
- Stealth Elixir: These potions help in making Link more stealthy and are fairly easy to procure. To make this potion, mix a monster part with any ingredient that has silencing abilities in its description. A Sunset Firefly can be used as an ingredient to make the Stealth Elixir.
- Crouching: This is a tried and trusted method. However, even after crouching, you must be careful as not to walk too fast. A slow and steady pace will help.
All 3 of the above-mentioned work like a charm, but combing these 3 together will be the most beneficial.
Sunset Firefly Uses
A Sunset Firefly is a desired insect in Tears of the Kingdom, but why is that? Well, the Sunset Firefly is something that can be used in a couple of places. Below are a couple of uses for this insect.
- They can be used in the procurement of a Stealth Elixir.
- They can be sold to shop owners all around Hyrule, and a quick 2 Rupees will be pocketed per Sunset Firefly.
- The Sunset Firefly is also a worthy asset in the Kochi Dye Shop, where it is used to make Purple Dye.
This is all there is to know about the Sunset Firefly, and if you follow the above-mentioned steps, you should be good at capturing them. You may also want to know about the Best Horses In Tears of the Kingdom. Also, check out the Complete Beginners Guide Of Tears of the Kingdom for all the information required on completing the game.
Let us know in the comments below if you would like more guides like this one, and we will jump right to them!
- Zelda Tears of the Kingdom: Hookshot
- Zelda Tears of the Kingdom: Energy Cells
- Zelda Tears of the Kingdom Master Mode
- Zelda Tears of the Kingdom: Paraglider
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍