Fans are one of the most fundamental tools in Tears of the Kingdom, and learning how to make them fast and easy, is essential for traversing the huge overworld of Hyrule. They can be constructed by combining the Korok Fronds and tree branches, and once you have them, you can control the direction of the wind,
- You can use two types of fans in Tears of the Kingdom: a DIY fan built from Korok Fronds and Tree branches and ready-made Zonai Devices.
- The fan made from Korok Fronds and Tree branches maneuvers the wind’s direction, making it easier to ride sailing boats.
1. Both the Korok Fronds and Tree Branches can be found near the forest regions of Tears of the Kingdom.
2. Use the “fuse” ability to combine both items.
3. The combination will result in a fan.
- To build a fan boat, you’ll first need a platform that floats on water and Zonai Device (fan) that gives it a speed boost.
1. Normally, you can build a wooden boat by combing multiple logs.
2. Once that’s done, attach the Zonai device to it using an ultra hand.
3. Place the boat onto the water and swing at the Zonai device to start the boat.
4. This method is faster but gives you less control.
What Are Fans In Tears Of The Kingdom
There are two types of fans in Tears of the Kingdom.
- Type 1: Fusion of Korok Frond and tree branches
- Type 2: Zonai devices lying around the world
The first type is used to maneuver the direction of the wind, and the second type is used to give a massive speed boost to your boats or other constructions. So their utility varies vastly for different constructions.
How To Make A Fan Via Korok Fond
- Before I get to the building part, ensure you have learned the “fuse” ability from In-isa Shrine, located in the Great Sky Island (the game’s starting location).
- The Shrine does a good enough job of teaching you how the fuse works.
- Once you have learned how to fuse, you’ll need two things to build a fan; a tree branch and a Korok Frond.
- There is a huge abundance of tree branches in Tears of the Kingdom, and you’ll find plenty of them around the world, especially near forest areas.
- Likewise, the Korok Fronds can also be found around green forests such as the Forest of Spirits and the Forest of Time.
- Still, if you need a specific location, you can find both of them right outside the In-Isa Shrine.
- After you have both items, throw the Korok Frond onto the ground, equip the tree branch, and begin the fusion.
- Once the fusion is done, you’ll have a DIY Fan, which you can use to control the direction of boats, granted they have sail attached to them.
Important: Tears of the Kingdom Best Weapons
How To Make A Fan Boat
- To build a fan boat, the first thing you need to do is to gather nearby wooden logs and fuse them.
- Alternatively, you can also use a raft if you can find one lying around. In short, you need something that floats on water.
- Once you have a platform, attach a Zonai device (fan) to it. The more Zonai devices you attach, the bigger will be the speed boost.
- Now use the Ultra Hand to place your construction on the water.
- Jump on your construction, and swing your weapon to kickstart the device.
- Voila! You can now make it to the other side of the sea without drowning yourself.
- You cannot store the Zonai devices you find lying around, which can be troublesome if you want to build a boat and do not have the right equipment lying around.
- To solve this problem, you can farm Zonai devices via Zonai Device Dispenser.
- The Zonai Devices that come out of the Zonai Device Dispenser are stored in small balls, enabling you to save Zonai Devices in your inventory.
Also Read: Zelda Tears of the Kingdom Jio Sin Shrine
Tears of the Kingdom is a creative playground for players, and there are a lot of mechanics at play here, which the game doesn’t teach you right off the bat. To make the most out of your playthrough, make sure to read our Zelda Tears of the Kingdom Beginner’s guide.
Furthermore, Zonai devices play a huge role in traversal and building, but they don’t run on unlimited energy and bigger batteries to work for longer periods. To know more about the functionality of Zonai devices and how to extend their batteries, consider going through our Energy Cells in Tears of the Kingdom guide.
This concludes our Tears of the Kingdom how to make a fan guide. Let us know what kind of architecture you have built in the comments below.
- Zelda Tears of the Kingdom Master Mode
- Zelda Tears of the Kingdom: Paraglider
- Zelda Tears of the Kingdom: Hookshot
- Zelda Tears of the Kingdom: Wing Tears
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍