Electronic Arts rolled out the first minor patch for FIFA 23 on October 5, days after the game’s release. The patch update brings slight changes to the gameplay mechanics, notably the dribbling animation and the penalty system.
- FIFA 23 received the first minor patch on October 5.
- The first significant patch update is expected after a month.
- The patch reduces the accuracy of penalty kicks.
- Dribbling animation has been improved.
- Referees have also seen some adjustments in the game.
The penalty system, which was regarded as “too easy” by most players after the game’s release, has also been hit by a nerf. The accuracy of the penalty system has been reduced, so now, hitting penalties requires some skill to work with.
The patch update went live on October 5, days after the game’s release on September 30. A significant update is expected to be rolled out after the game’s first month. EA is likely to observe the first Weekend League to see how the game does in competitive play before rolling out any significant updates.
The new update also adjusts the referees of the game. You can read the full patch notes of the Live Tuning update down below:
The following Live Tuning gameplay changes are now available:
- Reduced the accuracy of Penalty Kicks taken when the Composure Ring is yellow or red.
- Increased Technical Dribbling animation speed for lower rated dribblers.
- This change specifically impacts players whose dribbling related Attributes are below 90.
- Adjusted referees to be less likely to call fouls for arm-related collisions.
- Adjusted referees to be more likely to award yellow cards for fouls committed by Hard Slide Tackles.”
FIFA 23 is the last FIFA game released by EA. After FIFA 23, EA will focus on the EA SPORTS FC series.
Despite losing popularity for years due to repetitiveness and lack of polishing in the last couple of FIFA titles, FIFA 23 has seen a fair amount of players tuning in for gameplay in the first week of the release. There were some issues with FIFA 23 crashing on all platforms after the release. However, some of these issues were fixed by a few quick updates by EA.
EA regarded FIFA 23 as the “biggest FIFA ever.” But the game’s popularity is less than the shadow of its past. Years ago, FIFA was a must-have game for every gamer out there, but years of repetitiveness have made the series dull and brought the end of an era.
Overall, FIFA 23 is a decent football game, with some new features while improving the old ones. Even though the “Career mode” received next to no changes from the previous titles. The game received a few other features, making the football game more immersive for players.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍