- Helldivers 2 allegedly only requires 25 GB of storage on the PS5, which is a huge drop compared to PC.
- The PC version evidently needs a huge chunk of 100 GB of storage, as listed in multiple official sources.
- It is slated to launch on February 8, 2024, for PC and the PS5, skipping last-gen to ensure high quality.
Helldivers is barely a few days away, and details about the project are appearing online. The PlayStation 5 storage requirement for it had been a mystery so far. However, the PlayStation Game Size Twitter page has dug out the game size via data mining, finding it to be 25 GB only. It is quite low and surprising because the disparity between the PS5 and PC storage requirements is massive and seems to be completely unheard of before.
🚨 HELLDIVERS™ 2
– 𝐃𝐨𝐰𝐧𝐥𝐨𝐚𝐝 𝐒𝐢𝐳𝐞 : 24.951 GB
– 𝐕𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧 : 1.000.001
— PlayStation Game Size (@PlaystationSize) February 1, 2024
The game apparently requires a whopping 100 GB on PC, as PC system requirements were only revealed on Steam and the official PlayStation blog a few weeks prior. However, Helldivers 2 size on the PS5 is only a fourth of the whole 100 GB needed to run the game on PC, which has confused the fans and left a sour aftertaste in the mouths of PC gamers.
Nonetheless, there is a possibility that the findings by the notable dataminer are incorrect regarding the requirement. The PS5 size could also change later before Sony officially reveals it after all. So, we suggest taking the data mining with a grain of salt. It is worth noting that the pre-load for the standard edition of the title is also already available to install.
Other Interesting Reads:
- PlayStation Releases New Trailer For Top Games Coming In 2024.
- New PlayStation State Of Play Allegedly Coming In A Few Days; Content Leaks Online.
- Sony Refunds The Last Of Us 2 PS4 Owners For Buying Remastered Edition At Full Price.
If you’re out of the loop, the game is the sequel to the highly popular top-down shooter Helldivers, which came out nine years ago. It focuses on third-person squad-based shooting mechanics to curb the rising alien threat in the galaxy. Expect a variety of weapons and gadgets to aid your way through the dangerous missions while playing the co-op with your friends. It has been on a lot of gamer’s radar after being announced.
Helldivers 2 is slated to come out on February 8, 2024, for PC and the PlayStation 5. It is essentially skipping last-gen to ensure no compromises on quality and gameplay have to be made. One of the most appealing tidbits to grab your attention is the price of the title. Despite resembling a full-fledged AAA game, it will only drain your wallet out of $39.99 on the PlayStation Store. The price tag is similar on the Steam store.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍