- Marvel’s Spider-Man is still the top-selling superhero game of all time in the United States, as reported by Mat Piscatella, the Executive Director and Video Game Industry Analyst at Circana (NPD).
- The fantastic achievement is based on the data gathered via the Circana Retail Tracking Service. The news was shared by Mat Piscatella to commemorate the game’s fifth anniversary.
- The game stands amongst the most successful releases in the last decade, selling millions of figures that are hardly achieved by new IPs in the gaming industry. The subsequent title was also a huge hit.
- Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 is a highly anticipated mainline sequel by the community. It is slated to come out on October 20 for the PlayStation 5 console.
Insomniac Games has crafted a compelling story out of the Spider-Man series. Despite the highly successful release of Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales, the ripple effects created by the first title are still rampant in the gaming industry, shaking the webs of the ecosystem entirely. Mat Piscatella, the Executive Director and Video Game Industry Analyst at Circana (NPD), has emphasized the game’s robust success.
Mat on Twitter says the original Marvel’s Spider-Man still stands out as the top-selling superhero game in the United States. In other words, the entry continues to overshadow every other superhero title in the US despite almost half a decade passing by. The recorded milestone is based on the data gathered through the Circana Retail Tracking Service, which makes it highly verifiable in the industry.
And it remains the best-selling superhero game of all-time in the US!
Source – Circana Retail Tracking Service https://t.co/fTDufwtyOo
— Mat Piscatella (@MatPiscatella) September 7, 2023
- Jim Ryan Shows Enthusiasm For Marvel’s Spider-Man 2; Doubles Down On Supporting PC Ports.
- Marvel’s Spider-Man 2’s Symbiote Gameplay Should Take Cues From Web Of Shadows.
- Marvel’s Spider-Man 2: How Insomniac Brought The Web-Slinger Back From The Grave.
The huge tidbit was shared by Mat Piscatella to commemorate the game’s fifth anniversary. Insomniac Games initially tweeted about the anniversary to celebrate the occasion with the fans of the entry. The devs have also asked about everyone’s favorite memory while traversing the skylines of New York City in Marvel’s Spider-Man.
All in all, the title stands amidst the most successful releases in the last decade. The new IP has propelled Insomniac Games to reach even greater heights, as the launch date of highly awaited Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 draws night. Many eyes are rightfully calmly expecting the next mainline installment in the franchise to be an equal, if not more, of a success.
The original Marvel’s Spider-Man — brewed by Insomniac Games and published by Sony Interactive Entertainment as a PlayStation exclusive — was released back in 2018. The action-adventure title is based on the Spider-Man comic books but has an entirely new storyline never explored in any of the other media. The main plot of the entry sees the superhero deal with Mister Negative and a few other villains sprinkled in between.
The game sees Mister Negative attempting to take over the underground criminal network by threatening to spread a hazardous virus. All in all, the entry features a great deal of fluid combat and traversal mechanics that are the best incarnation of Spider-Man in video games — the millions of copies sold speak for themselves. It is also available on PC for anyone willing to give it a shot.
Marvel’s Spider-Man is available on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and PC. It has since been released in a remastered edition that turns it into a next-gen venture. On the other hand, Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 will come out on October 20 for PlayStation 5. It will feature Venom and Kraven the Hunter as some of the villains and greatly expand on the new Spider-Man universe.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍