- Almost 70% of players have obtained the platinum trophy for Spider-Man 2.
- Based on the trophy statistics, the game’s platinum has a rate of over 20%.
- Some players believe that the trophy is too easy to acquire thus taking away from the achievement.
Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 has been out for over a month and it has a staggering platinum rate of 20.3% with almost 70% of the total game owners having achieved the trophy. According to PSN Profiles’ statistics, this directly translates to the number of players that have achieved 100% progress in the sequel, bumping up the title’s average completion percentage to 78%.
Countless players have praised the webhead’s latest outing for the quality it brings to the table. However, the amount of time it takes to beat the game and achieve maximum progression has sparked a debate within the community.
Related Content To Read Up On:
- Spider-Man 2 Receives 7 Nominations At The Game Awards
- Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 Glitch Lets Players Free-Roam As Peter Parker
- Marvel’s Spider-Man 2: Reducing Venom’s Weaknesses Was A Creative Decision
This debate centers around the nature and difficulty of the platinum relative to the game itself. While most users don’t necessarily mind the ease of acquiring this trophy, they feel as if it takes a lot less to obtain it in Spider-Man 2 compared to the prequel and Miles Morales spin-off.
Insomniac‘s latest work has received critical acclaim since its launch. Not only is it sitting at 90 on Metacritic with the “must play” seal, it’s the first Spider-Man game ever to do so. Furthermore, it has received a user rating of 9.1 based on almost 7000 reviews. While many players have cited the lack of endgame content and replay value due to the absence of New Game Plus, they continue to anticipate its DLC possibilities.
Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 hit the shelves on October 20, 2023, exclusively for the PlayStation 5. In our review, we deemed it as a cut above its predecessor with a solid 4/5. Whether you’re just starting or nearing the end, I highly recommend checking out our curated list of the 14 best abilities in Spider-Man 2 for greater insight.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍