- Monster Hunter: World reached a 24-hour peak of nearly 100k players, 5 years post-launch.
- The game is currently available at a steep discount of 67% off on Steam.
- Following the sale and Wilds’ announcement, World has received a boost in its playerbase.
Monster Hunter: World almost peaked at 100,000 concurrent players in the last 24 hours, over almost six years post-launch. According to the title’s page on SteamDB, World had 94,680 players in-game during that period. At the time of writing, over 85,000 hunters in the New World were going up against iconic foes to gather materials and face even stronger monsters.
Owing to a Steam sale, Monster Hunter: World is currently available at the price of just $9.89 with 67% slashed off its original value. If you want to get the full package that includes the base game along with the Iceborne expansion, it’s only going to cost you around $20 with hundreds of hours of content; even more if you like to grind for resources and indulge in the thrill of the hunt.
Monster Hunter: World is the first game in the legendary RPG series to arrive on home consoles since the PlayStation 2 era. Having been restricted to handhelds for several years, the astronomical increase in power provided by the eight-generation hardware allowed Capcom to push the boundaries in gameplay, visuals, and other aspects of the game.
Related Content To Read Up On:
- Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak Wins Grand Award; Dubbed 2023’s Best Title At Japan Game Awards
- Monster Hunter Rise Has Rolled Over 13.2 Million Copies; Sunbreak Sold 6.1 Million Units
- Street Fighter 5 Has Rolled Out 6.80 Million Copies Since Launch, Capcom Reveals
Earlier this month at The Game Awards 2023, Capcom announced the franchise’s next entry with a stunning reveal trailer. Dubbed “Monster Hunter: Wilds,” the footage showed a hunter atop a beast traversing a vast landscape while being chased by either a sandstorm or an avalanche.
One interesting bit in the video was the mount’s ability to fly which hints at new gameplay mechanics in Wilds, slated for launch in 2025. While the next chapter in this franchise is still a ways off, it’s evident that World is doing extremely well in retaining a healthy playerbase.
Monster Hunter: World launched on January 26, 2018, on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One with its PC port arriving later that year. If you’re just starting, take a look at these 10 best dual blades in Monster Hunter: World to get a head start on your journey.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍