- Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak has won 2023’s Grand Award from the Japan Game Awards. It was dubbed as this year’s best title at the event.
- Sunbreak also won the Award for Excellence. The Best Sales Award and Award for Excellent were also given to Pokemon Scarlet and Violet.
- RPG Time: The Legend of Wright won the Game Designers Award, while NES was rewarded with the Minister of Economy, Trade, and Industry Award.
- A total of 11 entries won the Award for Excellence, including Resident Evil 4, God of War Ragnarok, and Sonic Frontiers.
Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak is one of the most successful DLC releases recently, gaining the approval of many gamers ever since its triumphant launch last year. Winning hearts was not enough, as the title has also bagged the Grand Award for 2023 by the Japan Game Awards. As reported by VGC, the game has been named as 2023’s best title at the event held by Japan’s Computer Entertainment Supplier’s Association (CESA).
The event counted games that were released from April 2022 to the end of March 2023 in Japan. Additionally, the Grand Award proves that Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak stood atop every other nominee in the region. The entry was also given the Award for Excellence.
The function is run annually by the CESA and also consists of voting held by the public. In other words, the Grand Award was also affected by gamers through votes. But it is not the only factor that decides which title wins the awards.
- Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak Free Title Update 5 Adds A Highly Requested Monster.
- Monster Hunter Rise Cracked Despite Denuvo’s Anti-Tamper Protection.
- Monster Hunter Rise Review – 2021’s Best Game Comes To PC.
The Best Sales Award was given to the highly popular release of Pokemon Scarlet and Violet. It also won the Award for Excellence. The title sold like hotcakes in Japan and still often shows up in the weekly sales charts among the other giants. It dominated the weekly retail sales for three straight weeks and outsold Splatoon 3 at one point.
NES won the Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry Award. The award is of great significance because only those who cause spurts of growth in the Japanese games industry are eligible to win it. RPG Time: The Legend of Wright, “the hand-written role-playing game,” also won the Game Designers Award.
Besides the dominance of Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak, 11 total games won the Award for Excellence. They have been mentioned below:
- Earth Defense Force 6
- Final Fantasy 7 Reunion
- God of War Ragnarok
- Hogwarts Legacy
- Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak
- Pokemon Scarlet and Violet
- Resident Evil 4
- Sonic Frontiers
- Splatoon 3
- Xenoblade Chronicles 3
Monster Hunter Rise came out on 26 March 2021 for the Switch, while the expansion came out next year in June. The PC version — released in January 2022 — was also quite optimized despite the concerns of the fans, causing another stir in total sales. The entry saw a gargantuan flooding in player count after arriving on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series S, and Xbox Series X on 20 January 2023.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍