- Capcom has confirmed in a remark that more Resident Evil remakes are planned for the future.
- It is unclear what other remakes we could be getting. The dev has not further elaborated on the matter.
- While the statement is a clear distinction, we still suggest taking the statement with a grain of salt.
Resident Evil remakes are often highly awaited among the excited fans, but Capcom has not previously given a direct answer regarding another potential remake. Fans have been busy with the RE4 remake Separate Ways DLC, but the director of the remake has already come forward to announce that more RE remakes are planned for the future. The exciting remark was reported by Game Watch at the PlayStation Partners Awards 2023 event in Japan.
We have released three remake series, and we feel that they have been very well received. For us, as a lover of the past titles, we are very happy that people of the current generation are playing our games, so we would like to continue this. We hope to be able to provide information on what we will be doing in the future,” said the dev while addressing the question.
Unfortunately, no other details have been confirmed so far. It is unclear what RE remake is next for the fans of the franchise. Perhaps the devs have not even figured out that part so far.
- Capcom Is On A High, But How Long Will It Last?
- How Separate Ways Remake Perfects The Original Resident Evil 4 DLC.
- Alan Wake 2 Dev Took Inspiration From Resident Evil Games To Make Players Feel “More Vulnerable.”
This is not the first time Capcom has shown interest in developing another Resident Evil remake in the past after the success of past releases like the Resident Evil 4 remake. The company was only recently asking fans for their input in a questionnaire. One of the survey questions directly asked the community for what entry they wanted to be remade. It also inquired whether players would purchase a remake if the devs were to launch one.
All in all, we suggest fans of the action-horror series take the official statement by the dev with a slight grain of salt. It is possible that plans for the awaited Resident Evil remake projects slowly fade away as Capcom moves toward other projects. In the best-case scenario, the devs could already be working on a remake behind our backs. We may hear more clarification about the next remake in the near future.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍