- In an interview with Denfaminicogamer, Naoto Ohshima confirmed that the Nintendo Switch version of Sonic Superstars will run at 60 FPS.
- Unlike Sonic Frontiers, which ran at 30 FPS on the Switch, it seems like all versions of Sonic Superstars will stay on par with the other consoles.
- The game combines classic 2D gameplay with enhanced 3D graphics, featuring two-act zones and a local multiplayer mode for up to four players.
According to a recent interview with Denfaminicogamer, Naoto Ohshima, the producer and character designer of Sonic Superstars, has confirmed that the game’s Nintendo Switch version will run at a smooth 60 frames per second (FPS). While Sonic Frontiers ran at 30 FPS on the Switch, it appears that Sonic Superstars will maintain parity with other consoles by running at the same frame rate across all versions.
Interviewer: Could you give a message to our readers who are looking forward to the release of [Sonic Superstars]?
Naoto Ohshima: Thanks to everyone who has supported Sonic, I am once again able to be involved in development. [Sonic Superstars] will be released on all kinds of platforms, so please try it out, and you will be able to play at a smooth 60 FPS, even on Nintendo Switch. I hope old fans will be nostalgic for the characters, and newcomers will be able to experience Sonic’s speed.”
For those unaware, Sonic Superstars is an upcoming platform game that combines classic 2D gameplay with enhanced 3D graphics, providing players with a nostalgic yet visually appealing experience. It features two-act zones reminiscent of the classic Sonic games. Additionally, the game introduces a local multiplayer mode, enabling up to four players to participate simultaneously.
- Sonic Team Head Says Pixel Art Will Not Be A “Viable Art Style” In The Near Future
- PlayStation 4 Emulator RPCSX Can Now Run Sonic Mania At 45 FPS
- Sonic Co-Creator Sentenced To 2.5 Years In Prison; Fined $1.2 Million Over Insider Trading
Sonic Superstars is shaping up to be a great nostalgic experience for fans of the Blue Blur. It’s bringing back Sonic’s friends like Tails, Knuckles, and Amy for a fun co-op experience. Furthermore, the confirmation of a smooth 60 FPS on the Nintendo Switch version ensures that players can enjoy seamless gameplay across all platforms.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍