- RPCSX is a PS4 emulator developed by the team behind RPCS3, the most stable PS3 emulator available right now.
- In a recent video shown by one of the developers, RPCSX can now boot up into the menu of Sonic Mania at 45FPS.
- No in-game gameplay was shown in the video as inputs still haven’t been implemented in RPCSX.
According to a video spotted by DSOGaming. RPCSX, the newly announced PlayStation 4 emulator made by the wonderful people behind RPCS3, was shown running Sonic Mania at a whopping 45 FPS. While this may not sound impressive to the average bloke because of course Sonic Mania isn’t particularly the most demanding game around, we have to keep in mind that this is some amazing progress for a project that started only recently.
Moreover, we also got a brief look at the game’s animated intro video which was glitched out as the emulator is still in a very early experimental phase. The video doesn’t show any in-game footage past the main menu, however. An additional note in the video itself states that this is because the input system still hasn’t been implemented on the emulator.
This isn’t the first game RPCSX has run either, back in July, the emulator ran its first commercial title. A twin-stick shooter title called “We Are Doomed” was developed by Vertex Pop marking its first exponential milestone. Already, a second game being able to run on the system is some superb progress. Just don’t expect to play any major PlayStation 4 exclusives for a long time.
- Sonic Mania Plus Review: A Blast From the Past
- PlayStation 1 Emulator “Duckstation” Can Now Employ GGPO/Rollback Netcode
Their previous project, RPCS3 was also a massive success, quickly becoming the de-facto PS3 emulator for public use. The emulator is now capable of running some of the system’s best titles at a respectable performance, these include games such as God of War 3, Demon’s Souls, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, and Asura’s Wrath to name a few. Furthermore, RPCS3 can now, at the bare minimum, boot every single title on the PS3 catalog.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍