- The Last of Us Part 2 is getting the remaster treatment exclusively for the PlayStation 5 in January.
- The game will feature a brand-new survival mode in the name of No Return for twice the fun.
- As per a dev working on the game, No Return is highly stressful and not for the faint of heart.
As per Naughty Dog’s Senior Character Artist Del Walker, the upcoming remaster of The Last of Us Part 2 is going to have an exceptionally “stressful” survival mode, which the devs refer to as No Return. Taking to X to make their point, Del says, “I don’t think you guys are ready for just how STRESSFUL the [survival] mode is for our #TLOU2remastered title. Not recommended for weak hearts.”
PlayStation’s flagship exclusive franchise made things come to a close with the onset of The Last of Us Part 2 for the PlayStation 4 back in 2020. However, with the PlayStation 5 out and about, Naughty Dog decided to remaster the already-established title for Sony’s next-gen console as the “definitive way to experience the acclaimed The Last of Us sequel originally released in 2020,” while announcing a January 2024 release month as well in a blog post.
The remastered edition of the title looks set to feature cut content in the name of additional behind-the-scenes features, substantial technological improvements, and a brand-new survival, roguelike gameplay mode called No Return. It’s something where you’ll be able to focus on the otherwise excellent combat of The Last of Us Part 2, holding no attached strings to the plotline of the title.
As a separate detailed post on the official PlayStation handle points out, No Return will sport boss battles, so it’s not all mindless sprees of zombies after zombies. Furthermore, players will face randomized challenges in the mode, but categorically, they’ll always be one of the following four when they come up in real time during your playthrough:
- Assault – Which pits you against waves of enemies
- Capture – In which you have to break into a safe full of valuable supplies enemies are guarding
- Holdout – During which you and an AI-controlled buddy defend against Infected swarming around you
- Hunted – In which you need to survive until the timer runs out against enemy reinforcements
From the looks of it, it’s apparently a whole lot of fun that Naughty Dog seems to have built specifically for pure gameplay thrill for players. To begin with, No Return will boast modded challenges as well, and taking them on would mean different rewards for you to retrieve. Moving forward, expect unexpected encounters, multiple playable characters, and even customized runs.
Other Content to Check Out:
- The Last Of Us Part 1 For The PlayStation 5 Is Currently $30 Off
- The Last Of Us Online Devs Celebrate Their Experience With The Canceled Game
- The Last of Us Part 2: Remastered Lost Levels Details Revealed Online
The Last of Us Part 2 Remastered is scheduled to hit shelves on January 19, 2024. It’s a reimagining of the 2020-released The Last of Us Part 2 that came out for the PlayStation 4.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍