Baldur’s Gate 3 is full of puzzles for players to solve, such as the Plaque Puzzle, a statue puzzle located in the Shadow-Cursed Village area that can grant players access to a Sanctuary. Players might want to know how to locate it and solve it.
What Is The Plaque Puzzle?
The plaque puzzle in Baldur’s Gate 3 is a three-way statue puzzle located in Shadow-Cursed Land in the Reithwin area.
If you open your map, you should be able to see the Shar’s Statue that holds the plaque puzzle, and it can be found in Reithwin Town in the Western region of the Shadow-Cursed Village.
- You might encounter a few enemies, such as the Shadow-Cursed Harpers, while on your way to reaching the statue, and they are a bit difficult to fight as they surround you as a crowd.
A flight of stairs protects the Statue itself and holds three plaques that can be solved to solve the puzzle and lead to the Sharran Sanctuary, a crucial part of the puzzle.
How To Solve The Plaque Puzzle
As you approach the Plaque Puzzle, you will encounter a giant statue with three plaques, each serving a different purpose and puzzle piece.
Below are the exact steps for figuring out and solving the puzzle:
- The statue will have a Northern side, a Western and an Eastern plaque puzzle, each of which can be noted.
- Head over to the Northern plaque puzzle part located at the front and center of the statue, which will have an inscription.
- The inscription will read the following lines, “OUR-L MISTR WHEN-NI THORM.”
- A small click will be heard, indicating that the first plaque has been solved.
- Head to the Western plaque located to the side of the Northern plaque.
- The Western plaque puzzle reads the inscription as “ADY-O ESS-OF GHT-F SHAL.”
- Interact with the Eastern plaque behind the Western plaque, which reads the inscription as, “F-LOSS PAIN ALLS L-RISE.”
- As you do so, the door to the Sanctuary opens between the Eastern and Western plaque puzzle.
After the Puzzle is solved, you can enter the Sharran Sanctuary down the door between the Western and Eastern plaques.
- Head down the stairs and interact with the first plaque on Shar’s Statue, which asks you to accept Shar’s test of your intellect.
- Roll one of your Saving Throws, and it will test your Charisma, Wisdom, or Intelligence.
- If you pass the test, you get a 5 5-point increase to that certain ability.
- Head to the statue in the middle and interact with the plaque again to test yourself in Baldur’s Gate 3.
- Head to the final statue to the far right, and this time, it will ask if you are wise enough to be granted the Blessings of Shar.
- After being tested, go to the Shar Altar after the door opens, and it asks for your blood.
- Choose to recite Shar’s inscription and offer your blood, an essential step in the plaque puzzle.
After this, you gain her Blessing and can choose to take the best items, such as the Potion of Angelic Repreive, Elixir of Necrotic Resistance, the two scrolls, and the Ritual Dagger of Shar located on Shar’s Altar. If you decide to take the dagger as a reward, then 3 Sentinels will attack you.
And that’s just about it! All that players need to know about the Plaque Puzzle, so let’s wrap up the guide!
- Baldur’s Gate 3: Best Level 1 Spells
- Baldur’s Gate 3: Tavern Brawler
- Baldur’s Gate 3: Dark Amethyst
- Baldur’s Gate 3: Best One Handed Weapon
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍