Like most RPGs, Baldur’s Gate 3 is filled with different items to find and uncover, such as armor, weapons, amulets, rings, and more. Therefore, players wanting only the best magic items must know about all the BG3 BEST Items and their locations.
- Author’s Note: You can trust and rely on my expertise since I’ve gone through Baldur’s Gate 3 for well over 25 hours.
Baldur’s Gate 3 Best Magic Items
Here is a table listing all the best items in Baldur’s Gate 3 and what stat bonuses they offer:
|Spidersilk Armor||-Offers a +1 bonus to Stealth and the advantage of Constitution Saving Throws Checks.|
|Shadow Of Menzoberranzan||-Offers the Shrouded in Shadow action that allows you to go invisible.|
|The Blood of Lathendar||-Offers the Lathander’s Blessing and the Lathander’s Light abilities.|
-With the Lathander’s Blessing, once players perform a long rest when their hit points are reduced to 0, they will regain 2-12 hit points.
- Lathander’s Light ability sheds holy light that blinds your enemies within a 6-meter radius.
|Warped Headband||-Increases the player's Intelligence score to 17.|
|The Sword Of Justice||-Grants the players Tyr’s Protection, Cleave action, Pommel Strike Bonus Action, and Lacerate Action.|
-Tyr’s Protection spell surrounds a creature with a field of magic that increases its AC by 2.
-The Cleave action allows you to swing your weapon in a way that enables you to attack three enemies at once.
-The Pommel Strike can inflict Daze on your enemies.
-The Slash action can inflict Bleed on your enemy aside from damaging them.
|Disintegrating Night Walkers||-They can not be Entalged, Enwebbed, or Ensnared.|
-Offers the Misty Step spell that allows you to teleport to an unoccupied space.
|Circlet of Blasting||-Offers the Scorching Ray spell.|
-The spell hurls three rays at your enemies; each ray deals 2-12 fire damage.
|Selune's Spear of Night||-Offers the Selune’s Blessing, Weapon Enchantment +3, and Darkvision.|
-Selune’s Blessing increases the player's Wisdom Saving Throw and Perception Checks.
-The Darkvision ability allows you to see in the dark for up to 12 meters.
|The Spectators Eyes||-Offers the Ray of Fear spell and the Wounding Ray spell. |
-The Ray of Fear is used to frighten your targets.
-The Wounding ray spell is used to deal 2-16 Necrotic damage to your target.
|Sentient Amulet||-Offers the Shatter spell. |
-The Shatter damages all nearby objects and creatures.
|Fetish of Callarduran Smoothhands||-Fetish of Callarduran Smoothland allows the players to turn Invisible.|
|Ring Of Psionic Protection||-Ring of Psionic Protection is used to stop the illithid tadpole from growing but also prevents you from using its power.|
|Broommother's Revenge||-Drips the wearer's weapon with poison whenever they are healed.|
|Absolute's Talisman||-Heals the wearer’s 1d8 hit point whenever they deal damage. |
-The wearer only receives this bonus when their current hit points are below 25% of the maximum.
|Crusher's Ring||-Increases the speed of the wearer by +3m.|
|Amulet of Elemental Torment||-Allows the players to perform elemental damage on their enemy while they themselves are standing near elemental surfaces.|
|Amulet of Misty Steps||-Allows you to teleport to an unoccupied space.|
|The Whispering Promise||-Give the character a 1d4 bonus on attack rolls and save their turns after the wearer heals a creature|
|Ring Of Poison Resistance||-Increases the character’s resistance to Poison damage.|
|Ring of Color Spray||-Blind creatures within a 5-meter radius totaling 33 hit points.|
Best Weapons And Armor In Baldur’s Gate 3Needless to say, armor provides protection and specific buffs to the player, while weapons are used to inflict damage on hostiles. So let me start off this list of the top 8 weapons and armor in Baldur’s Gate 3.
1. Spidersilk Armor
The Spidersilk armor is an uncommon light armor that offers a +1 bonus to Stealth and the advantage of Constitution Saving Throws Checks. It belongs in tier 12AC and is fantastic armor for stealth.
In order to obtain the armor, players would need to defeat Minthara, who is an evil companion character. Players can find her inside the Shattered Sanctum.
2. Shadow Of MenzoberranzanThe Shadow of Menzoberranzan is another uncommon light armor. It is a helmet that offers the Shrouded in Shadow action, which allows you to become invisible, therefore, being ideal for stealth. The spell will break if you were to attack, take damage, cast a spell, or perform another action, so keep that in mind.
What’s great is that players can obtain this helmet very early in the game, in Act 1. The Shadow of Menzoberranzan is found in the Underdark during the Protect the Myconid Circle quest. In order to start the quest, players would need to talk to the Sovereign Spaw.
3. Blood Of LathanderThe Blood of Lathender is a legendary melee weapon with a range of 1.5 meters featuring the following abilities:
- Lathander’s Blessing: After a long rest with hit points at 0, the player regains 2-12 hit points, and allies within a 9-meter radius regain 1-6 hit points.
- Lathander’s Light: Sheds holy light within a 6-meter radius, blinding enemies unless they succeed in a Constitution saving throw.
The location of this weapon is in Rosymorn Monastery. Players can obtain this weapon during the quest- Find the Blood of Lathander.
4. Warped Headband of Intellect
The Warped Headband of Intellect is an uncommon helmet that offers stat boosts that are already hinted at in the name, as it increases the player’s Intelligence score to 17 upon wearing it.
The Headband is dropped by Lump The Enlightened, an Ogre Mage located in the Blighted Village.
5. Sword Of JusticeThe Sword of Justice is a rare two-handed melee weapon with a 1.5-meter range that grants several buffs, including:
- Tyr’s Protection: Increases a creature’s AC by 2.
- Cleave Action: Allows you to attack three enemies at once.
- Pommel Strike Bonus Action: Inflicts Daze on enemies.
- Lacerate Action: Inflicts Bleed on enemies in addition to damage.
Players can acquire the Sword of Justice in Act 1 during the Hunt The Devil quest. Simply talk to Tiefling Karlach on the Risen Road and investigate the paladins. Upon defeating the leader Anders, players will obtain the sword.
6. Disintegrating Night WalkersThe Disintegrating Night Walkers are rare boots that can not be Entalged, Enwebbed, or Ensnared. They also offer the Misty Step spell that allows you to teleport to an unoccupied space. The Misty range is 18 meters, and thanks to its spell, these are one of the ideal boots to use for stealth.
These boots also prevent the negative effects on movement when you are walking on ice or grease. The Disintegrating Night Walkers are dropped by True Soul Nere, found in Grymforge.
7. Ciclet of BlastingIt is a rare helmet and can be considered one of BG3 BEST magic items for me due to it offering the Scorching Ray spell. It is a level 2 spell from Evocation spell that is used to deal damage to your enemies. The spell hurls three rays at your enemies; each ray deals 2-12 fire damage, which is a fantastic ability to have in certain scenarios.
Players can purchase the Circlet of Blasting from Blurg in Ebonlake Grotto.
8. Selune’s Spear of Night
The Selune’s Spear of Night is one of Baldur’s Gate 3 best items as it is a legendary spear that offers the Selune’s Blessing, Weapon Enchantment +3, and Darkvision. The Selune’s Blessing increases the player’s Wisdom Saving Throw and Perception Checks, while the Darkvision ability allows you to see in the dark for up to 12 meters.
Selune’s Spear of Night can be obtained during the “Find The Nightsong” quest. After sparing Nightsong, players would need to assault the Moonrise Towers and talk to Nightsong.
Best Rings And Amulets In Baldur’s Gate 3Allow me to list all the best rings and amulets in Baldur’s Gate 3 that I have found so far and consider BG3 best magic items. These accessories are used to provide specific buffs and bonuses to the players.
1. The Spectators EyesThe Spectators Eyes is a very rare amulet that offers the Ray of Fear spell and the Wounding Ray spell. The Ray of Fear is a level 3 spell from the School of Necromancy. This spell has a range of 18 meters and is used to frighten your targets. The Wounding Ray spell is also from the School of Necromancy and is used to deal 2-16 Necrotic damage to the target.
Players can obtain this amulet by looting it from Spectato near the Temple of Selune, located in the Underdark.
2. Sentient AmuletThe Sentient Amulet is another rare amulet that offers the Shatter spell. The Shatter is a level 2 spell from the Evocation school. It has a range of 18 meters and damages all nearby objects and creatures. Creatures that are made of inorganic materials get a disadvantage on their Saving Throw.
This amulet is located in an Adamantine Chest, which is found in Grymforge. Since the name of this amulet is Sentient Amulet, it will actually talk to you once you pick it up, and players will unlock the “Help the Cursed Monk” quest.
3. Fetish of Callarduran SmoothhandsThe Fetish of Callarduran Smoothland is a rare ring that allows the players to turn Invisible, making it one of the best rings in Baldur’s Gate 2 for stealth. However, one thing to remember is that the spell will break if players were to attack or take damage.
Players can obtain this ring during the quest- Removing the Parasite. It is looted from a corpse in the location- Grymforge.
4. Ring Of Psionic ProtectionThis is a rather interesting one, as it is no secret that the player character is infected with an illithid tadpole. For those who don’t know, these tadpoles are parasites that eventually kill their hosts after maturing into an illithid. The Ring of Psionic Protection is a rare ring that is used to stop the tadpole from growing but also prevents you from using its power.
The ring can be obtained when players visit the Myconic Colony, which is located in Underdark.
5. Broommother’s Revenge
The Broommother’s Revenge is an uncommon amulet that drips the wearer’s weapon with poison whenever they are healed. If you are fighting a tough enemy, it’s no secret that you will be healing yourself numerous times. In that scenario, this amulet can very easily be considered one of Baldur’s Gate 3 best items.
The Broommother’s Revenge amulet is located in Emerald Grove. It is dropped by Kagha.
6. Absolute’s TalismanIn case you like to play aggressively and mostly on the offensive side, then the Absolute’s Talisman is one of BG3 BEST magic items for you, as it heals the wearer’s 1d8 hit point whenever they deal damage. The wearer only receives this bonus when their current hit points are below 25% of the maximum.
This uncommon amulet is located in the Shattered Sanctum. It is dropped by the True Souls Gut.
7. Crusher’s RingIn case you want extra mobility, then the Crusher’s Ring is one BG3 BEST magic items for you, as it increases the speed of the wearer by +3m. Allowing you to come in aid to your allies more quickly. Thus granting it a spot in this BG3 best items guide.
The Crusher’s Ring is dropped by the Novice Crusher, who is located in the Goblin Camp.
8. Amulet of Elemental TormentThis amulet is a rather interesting one as it allows the players to perform elemental damage on their enemy while they themselves are standing near elemental surfaces. Let’s say you were standing on fire. Once you attack your enemy, they will also be inflicted by fire damage.
Players can purchase this amulet from Arron, who is located in Druid Grove.
9. Amulet of Misty StepsThe Amulet of Misty Step does exactly what the name suggests. It allows you to use the Misty Step spell. The spell has a range of 18 meters, and it allows you to teleport to an unoccupied space. This is a rather fantastic spell to have during stealth sections.
This amulet is sold by the merchant- Omeluum, who resides in the Myconid Colony located in Underdark.
10. The Whispering Promise
This is a ring I would recommend equipping on the healer of your party, as the Whispering Promise ring will give the character a 1d4 bonus on attack rolls and save their turns after the wearer heals a creature.
The Whispering Promise ring can be found in multiple locations, such as the Goblin camp, Druid Grove, and Shattered, or players can also purchase them from Grat The Trader or Volo.
11. Ring Of Poison ResistanceI know just how frustrating it is when you or your party member gets poisoned mid-battle. This is why I consider the Ring of Poison Resistance one of BG3 best magic items since it increases the character’s resistance to Poison damage.
The ring itself is found in a Goblin camp on a skeleton before the Worg Pens, located in the Shattered Sanctum.
12. Ring of Color SprayAnd finally, as for the final item in my BG3 best item guide, the Ring of Color Spray grants the wearer the Color Spray spell, which allows them to blind creatures totaling 33 hit points. It has a range of 5 meters and is rather useful in certain scenarios.
I will personally recommend obtaining this ring as soon as possible. The ring itself is located in the Harpy’s Nest near the Druid Temple.
My Personal Favorite Items In Baldur’s Gate 3
Baldur’s Gate 3 is full of many different kinds of Magical Items. Despite my 40+ hours of experience, I have yet to wield them all with my own hands. Some of them just present themselves naturally, but most are hidden behind demi-gods and ancient puzzles and sometimes only appear after a dialogue session with a rat.
I have already stated my opinions on Shadowheart, so obviously, my favorite item on the list is Selune’s Spear of Night. Not only is it a powerhouse of a spear, but the way to get it is so fun that I recommend seeking it out even if you have no use for it.
And with that, my guide on Baldur’s Gate 3 Best Items comes to an end. I hope this guide helped you out. While you are at it, why not read the Baldur’s Gate 3 Best Builds, Best Classes, and All Feats guide as well? But that’s all from me. If you think I’ve left an item worth mentioning, then let me know in the comment section below.
- BG3 Pact Of The Blade: Warlock Subclass Changes
- Baldur’s Gate 3: Gandrel Choices
- Baldur’s Gate 3: How to Get Owlbear Cub
- Baldur’s Gate 3: BEST Paladin Build
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍