Mithral Ore is a rare and valuable material that can be used to craft powerful weapons and armor. The Underdark in BG3 contains all the Mithral Ore locations. Extract Mithral Ore from veins of the Underdark. Combine the ore with the proper mold in The Crucible to craft items.
What Is Mithral Ore In Baldur’s Gate 3
From my experience, in BG3, Mithral Ore serves a significant purpose as it is a component in the Adamantine Forge, where it combines with molds to create exceptional items and sets of equipment. Although their suitability can vary, these forge-crafted items offer a chance to enhance the enjoyment of already powerful classes. Careful selection is advised, as what proves effective for one might not suit another.
You can make six Adamantine items, including:
- Heavy Armor
- Medium Armor
Locations Of Mithral Ore In BG3
Near the Adamantine Forge in the Underdark, you will come across not just one but a pair of distinct Mithral Ore locations. To be more precise, there are two Mithral Ore veins strategically placed around this forge. Let’s discuss where the Mithral vein in BG3 can be found.
First Mithral Ore
- To discover the first Mithral Ore, set a course for the Ancient Forge Waypoint.
- From here, proceed southward until you encounter a cliff.
- Descend this cliff, leading you to a river of flowing lava.
- Once you’ve crossed the lava river, continue moving forward.
- Directly ahead, you will spot a Mithral Vein at coordinates (X: 646, Y: 255) in BG3.
- I suggest using a melee weapon to break the rock that surrounds the Mithral Vein in BG3.
- Breaking the rock will yield a single piece of ore.
- This Mithiral ore can be used as a crafting material for a single item.
Second Mithral Ore
- To find the second Mithral Ore, I advise you to retrace your steps and spot a staircase that leads to the Adamantine Forge.
- Once there, head towards the left side to reach an open area.
- Follow the path in the right direction.
- At this point, you’ll notice a gap emerging between the paths; a river of flowing lava forms this gap.
- Jump across to reach the other side of this gap and notice another stone positioned close to the left wall at coordinates (X: 671, Y: 258).
- I suggest employing a spell to strike the rock, resulting in its shattering.
- Breaking the rock uncovers the second Mithral Ore.
- You can then gather this resource, which is obtainable as a drop within Baldur’s Gate 3.
I discovered that Mithral Ore is a prized resource found within the Underdark, offering the potential to craft potent weapons and armor. This guide provides insight into locating the two Mithral Ore veins near the Adamantine Forge. Adventurers can extract this valuable material by skillfully navigating the challenging terrain and utilizing melee weapons or spells.
For additional Mithral Ore locations, consider visiting the subreddit dedicated to BG3 as you go deeper into its world. Discover the secrets of unlocking Selune Chests, learn about the most powerful and versatile Cantrips to gain an edge in battles, and uncover a selection of the absolute best level 1 Spell to wield against your foes.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍