After the release of patch 1.03, the Mimic Tear spirit summon has been nerfed. Considering Elden Ring’s cruel and tormenting nature, it’s only natural that the tarnished will now be looking for a spirit summon equal in caliber to that of the Mimic Tear. There are many spirits summons in Elden Ring, but one of them that stands out the most is the Black Knife Tiche.
- Author’s Note: You can trust and rely on my expertise since I’ve gone through Elden Ring for well over 900 hours.
Black Knife Tiche’s Location
The process of obtaining Black Knife Tiche is a very long one, but trust me when I say, “It will be worth it.” For the sake of simplification, I have provided the following steps.
1. Gaining Access To Moonlight Altar Site of Grace
- Complete Ranni’s questline, which grants you access to the Moonlight Altar Site of Grace, a prerequisite for obtaining Black Knife Tiche.
- Ranni’s questline is long and challenging, featuring treacherous bosses, so ensure your character is adequately leveled.
- Note that the choices you make during Ranni’s questline can impact the game’s ending.
2. Reaching Ringleader’s Evergaol
- From the Moonlight Altar, head northwest to the Ringleader’s Evergaol, marked by towering pillars of blue light.
- Look for rock worms and a large grey metal plate on the ground to confirm you’re on the right path.
- Be prepared for a formidable boss battle as you enter the Evergaol.
3. Defeating Alecto Black Knife Ringleader
- Alecto Black Knife Ringleader is a challenging boss with relentless melee attacks and powerful AOE fire attacks.
- She can close the gap between you and her rapidly.
- Alecto is weak to tanky strength builds and strength weapons like greatswords and ultra greatswords.
- You can exploit her vulnerability to backstabs; wait for her to finish a combo, dodge her jump attack, then perform a backstab.
- Repeat this strategy to defeat her.
- Upon defeating Alecto, you will receive Black Knife Tiche’s Ashen Remains, allowing you to summon Black Knife Tiche as a spirit summon.
Upgrading Black Knife Tiche Spirit Summon
Although the base version of the Black Knife Tiche is more than enough, you might want to upgrade because it’s better to be safe than sorry. To upgrade her, you need to obtain the Ghost Glovewort; once you have that, you can easily make her overpowered.
My Thoughts On Black Knife Tiche
Based on my gameplay experience, a mono-summon build is not a bad choice and can be quite enjoyable. A good and premiere option for a summon is Black Knife Tiche. She has one of the smoothest animations in the game, and while it’s not overpowered, it can still even beat certain bosses with ease, a prime example being Malenia.
Fighting alongside Tiche has always been extremely fun for me. In my opinion, she’s the only summon that’s not overshadowed by the Mimic Tear, so there’s some incentive to try her out. Her Destined Death debuff makes her a force to be reckoned with, and if you’re looking for a powerful but worthwhile summon, Black Knife Tiche is my top recommendation.
That about wraps up my Elden Ring Black Knife Tiche guide. If you liked this, then be sure to check the best starting class guide if you’re new to the game.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍