Elden Ring is FromSoftware’s biggest game yet, and it’s no surprise that the game features multiple endings. This was expected considering the previous Souls game also had more than one ending. Considering Elden Ring is a massive game and it will take you a lot of time to complete it, you will get disappointed if you end up getting the wrong ending. Therefore, to help you out, we are going to talk about Elden Ring best ending so that you can get the most out of the game.
All Endings In Elden Ring
Elden Ring has a total of six endings to offer. Most of these endings can be unlocked by using Mending Runes which can be acquired through different quests. Before getting to the best ending in Elden Ring, we are going to talk about all six endings so that you can know which actions lead to what. While you’re at it, consider reading about Elden Ring Age of Absolute ending.
Age of Fracture Ending
The first Elden Ring ending in our list is the Age of Fracture. This is the standard ending of the game and there is nothing bad about it. To get this ending, you will need to reach the end of the game without completing any side quests or activities. Your only goal would be to progress through the story without exploring other parts of the game.
Your journey will include defeating two Elden Lords, taking down Margott and the Fire Giant, burning the Erdtree, and Defeating Black Blade Maliketh. After you reach the end and defeat the Elden Beast, you’ll only get one option; that is to mend the Elden Ring. Once done, you will become the Elden Lord of the game.
Also Check: Elden Ring Magma Blade Location
While there is nothing bad about the Age of Fracture ending, it’s important to note that there isn’t much to it. Elden Ring isn’t the kind of game that is designed for just progressing through the story. If you don’t explore the other parts of the game, then you’re missing out on a lot. Therefore, if you want to properly enjoy the game, then we’ll suggest you avoid going after this ending.
Age of Duskborn Ending
Next up in our Elden Ring best ending guide is the Age of Duskborn. This ending is one of the three alternate endings of the first ending. This one can be unlocked by using the Mending Rune of the Death Prince, which can be acquired by completing Fia‘s questline.
The questline will take some time to complete, but here’s a quick summary of what you need to do in it:
- Talk to Fia and then D at the Roundtable Hold.
- Defeat the two Elden Lords and keep on visiting Fia to talk to her until she gives you a Dagger.
- She will ask you to return the Dagger to its owner.
- Visit D again at the Roundtable Hold and give the Dagger to him.
- Visit Fia again after resting at a site of Grace and talk to her.
- Start Ranni’s questline and keep on progressing through it until you acquire the Cursemark of Death.
- Visit Fia again and keep on interacting with her until you can give her the Cursemark of Death.
- Rest for some time and then visit Fia one more time until she lets you enter a dream.
- Fight the powerful Boss that you’ll encounter and take it down.
- Visit Fia’s body and pick up the Mending Rune of the Death Prince from her body.
After you have acquired the Mending Rune of the Death Prince, you can keep on going forward in the story until you reach the end and defeat the Elden Beast. Then, from the list of options, select “Mending Rune of the Death Prince” to get the Age of Fracture Ending.
This ending is similar to the standard ending of Elden Ring. You will become the Elden Lord, but this time, you’ll remove the curse of immortality from the lands as well. Queen Marika was the one who removed the death rune from the Lands Between, after which the curse of immortality spread everywhere. But now, thanks to you, everyone will know the taste of death.
This alternate ending is better than the standard ending since there is something else attached to it, rather than you just sitting on your throne after becoming the Elden Lord.
Age of Order
To get the Age of Order ending, you will need to use the Mending Rune of Perfect Order. Compared to the ending mentioned above, this one is a pretty good alternate ending to the standard ending. This one involves you starting Brother Corhyn and Goldmask’s questline. Below is a quick summary of what you need to do during the quests:
- Meet Brother Corhyn at the Roundtable Hold and talk to him.
- Keep on progressing through the story until Brother Corhyn goes after Goldmask.
- You’ll be able to find Brother Corhyn on the road north of the Atlus Highway Junction Site of Grace.
- Visit Goldmask who be found on a bridge north of Atlus Plateau.
- After speaking to Goldmask, visit Brother Corhyn and tell him about your interaction with Goldmask.
- Brother Corhyn will now visit Goldmask, and you must go pay him a visit as well.
- When you reach their location, you’ll see that they are talking about a riddle.
- To solve this riddle, you will need the Law of Regression incantation.
- After solving the riddle, you will need to visit Goldmask and Brother Corhyn, who now have moved to the bridge south of the Stargazer’s Ruins. This can be found on the west side of the Mountaintops of the Giants.
- You will then need to defeat all the Bosses that you encounter.
- After taking down Black Blade Malekith, head to the centre of Leyndell to talk to Brother Corhyn.
- Now, go back to the place where Goldmask and Corhyn were talking about the riddle.
- This time, you’ll find Goldmask’s body, and the Mending Rune of Perfect Order can be picked up from it.
After acquiring the Rune, keep on progressing through the story and then use the Mending Rune of Perfect Order after defeating the Elden Beast.
Similar Guides: How to Revive NPCs in Elden Ring
By using the Mending Rune of Perfect Order, you will repair the Elden Ring. In other words, everything will go back to how it was before all the chaos took place, including the Erdtree. This ending will leave you satisfied as not only will you become the Elden Lord, but you will also transform everything to its original form. It does has the potential to be the best ending in Elden Ring.
Blessing of Despair Ending
Now, we’ll get down to the one that is far from being Elden Ring’s best ending; The Blessing of Despair. This one can be unlocked by using the Mending Rune of the Fell Curse. Unlike the endings mentioned above, this one is going to disappoint you a lot.
The Blessing of Despair revolves around the Dung Eater and you’ll need to do plenty of work for him. After you collect and hand over five Seedbed Curses to him, he’ll reward you with the Mending Rune of the Fell Curse. Here is a quick summary of what you will need to do:
- Go to the Lirunia of the Lakes and meet Rya,
- Visit the Blackguard Bog Boggart who can be found at Boilprawn Shack in Lirunia of the Lakes.
- Purchase a prawn and Rya’s Necklace from this merchant.
- Go to the Roundtable Hold and meet the Dung Eater.
- After talking to the Dung Eater, make your way to the Roundtable Hold in the Capital and get the Seedbed Curse from there.
- Bring this Seedbed Curse back to the Dung Eater.
- The Dung Eater will then give you a key.
- Take this key to the Subterranean Shunning-Grounds.
- Locate the cell of the human form of the Dung Eater and use the key to unlock the cell.
- After successfully bringing out the human form of the Dung Eater from his cell, go back to the Roundtable Hold.
- Talk to the Dung Eater.
- You will now need to visit the Outer Moat, where you’ll need to defeat the Dung Eater.
- After defeating him, you’ll be able to pick up Seedbed Curse from his body.
- You will then need to find and collected three more Seedbed Curses.
- After collecting the rest of the Seedbed Curses, talk to the human version of the Dung Eater at the Roundtable Hold.
- He will give you the Mending Rune of the Fell Curse in return for the Seedbed Curses.
After you collect the Mending Rune of the Fell Curse and use it at the end, you’ll unleash yet another curse upon the Lands Between. This is a disappointing ending as what’s worse than releasing another curse upon a land that is already filled with a lot of them? Instead of saving the people, you’re going to make them go through hell once again.
The Lord of Frenzied Flame Ending
The Lord of Frenzied Flame is yet another ending that is going to leave some of you disappointed. Instead of becoming the Elden Lord, your character is going to take a different path and ruin everything in the Lands Between.
More From Elden Ring: Sellia Crystal Tunnel Location in Elden Ring
Here is what you need to do in order to unlock this ending:
- Complete Irina’s questline.
- In this quest, you will need to take a letter from Irina and deliver it to her father, Edgar.
- Edgar can be found at the Stormveil Castle.
- Visit him and hand him over the letter.
- Afterwards, you will need to complete Stormveil Castle, which will include finding and defeating a powerful Boss.
- Return to Edgar, who will tell you that he’s going to visit Irina.
- Go back to where Irina gave you the letter, and you’ll find her dead body with Edgar crying beside it.
- Make your way to the Subterranean Shunning-Grounds, which can be found in the sewers below Leyndell.
- Fight the Boss that you’ll encounter and then look around for a hidden door,
- Make your way through the hidden door and keep on going forward until you come across another door.
- Take your clothes off and unequip all your gear, as the door won’t open otherwise.
- Go through the door and you’ll receive the Power of the Frenzied Flame from the Three Fingers.
After you have successfully acquired this power, continue progressing through the game and defeat the Elden Beast. This will set some events in motion, which will include the destruction of the Erdtree and everything around it. In other words, you are going to bring chaos to the Lands Between and everything will burn to ashes. Overall, it is the worst ending in our Elden Ring best ending guide.
Age of the Stars Ending
The sixth and final ending of Elden Ring is the Age of the Stars. This ending has sparked a lot of debates regarding whether it is a good ending or a bad one. To unlock it, you’ll need to complete Ranni’s questline.
For those who don’t know, Ranni’s questline is the longest questline in Elden Ring, and you will need to spend a lot of time to complete it. Here’s a quick summary of what you’ll need to do:
- Go to Ranni’s Rise and meet Ranni there.
- Go and get the Fingerlsayer Blade from Nokron.
- Enter through the portal above Ranni’s Rise and look around for her doll.
- Take the door to a Site of Grace and talk to it.
- Keep on talking to the doll until it speaks to you and tells you to find a Baleful Shadow.
- Go back to Ranni and talk to her to receive a key.
- Make your way to the Raya Lucaria Grand Library, where you’ll need to find a chest that can be opened by the key Ranni gave you.
- Pick up the Dark Moon Ring from the chest.
- Go to the Rot Lake and defeat Blaidd along your way.
- Go to the bottom of the Gran Cloister.
- Look around for a coffin, which you can use to go to Astel.
- After defeating Astel, make your way to the Cathedral of Manus Celes.
- Talk to Ranni to receive the Dark Moon Greatsword.
Also Check: Elden Ring Best Poison Build
After completing the entire questline, defeat the final boss and summon Ranni. You will then become a servant of Ranni as she brings an end to the Golden Order and plans to establish her own Order. For this, you will need to leave the Lands Between with her and embark on a journey that will last a thousand years. Because of this, the Lands Between will be left without a ruler for the first time.
The Best Ending In Elden Ring
Now, coming down to the best ending in Elden Ring. For me, the Age of the Stars is the best one. This is mainly because allowing Ranni to replace Marika as a God will let you go on a journey with her that will include saving the souls that were trapped by the Erdtree. In other words, there is a big purpose attached to this ending. Rather than just sitting on the throne and ruling over the Lands Between, getting the chance to save the souls seems more worth it.
Sure, if you want something basic, then you can go ahead with the Age of Fracture ending. This one will have you sitting on the throne without worrying about anything. But will you feel complete? Will you find all the efforts worth it? I always want something that has a big meaning attached to it. Becoming the Elden Lord and ruling over the Lands Between does sound nice, but it’s not something I want.
Some players will argue that choosing the Age of the Stars ending will make you a slave of Ranni. But I disagree with this part. Instead, you’ll be granted a chance to embark on a journey that will be filled with adventures. The Ranni questline also has you meeting amazing characters, acquiring new weapons, discovering lost cities, taking down a couple of bosses, and much more. It’s pretty interesting and you won’t get bored while progressing through it.
This was all regarding our Elden Ring best ending guide. Keep in mind that Age of the Stars is our personal choice, and you might find some other ending better than this one. Before you leave, make sure to give our Elden Ring review a read as well.
Good job! Please give your positive feedback ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍